Uncle Is A Good Actor

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early the next morning, Han Sanggeung and two other female servants rushed into Park Sandara's room with everything they needed in preparation for the wedding. They brought her wedding clothes which consists of white upper garment and a wine red skirt, a green outer robes, a pair of red flower shoes, a white sash embroidered with peonies, a jade pin, and a wedding head piece.

"Agashi... How does it feel now that it's really happening?" Han Sanggung pried on her.

"I'm starting to feel anxious," Sandara answered honestly. They meticulously dressed her up and seeing her own reflection on the mirror made her even fidgety.

Is the groom feeling the same way too? She couldn't help but wonder. What does the royal uncle look like? She could just hope he doesn't look too old for her. Or too serious. Or too domineering. She hoped he was nice and gentle and kind. Of course she hoped he was someone who would allow her to visit home. Or at least someone who could give her something to keep her busy when he's away.

But what does she really know? She could only wish.

By the time she turned around, the two other servants gasped in awe at her. She raised her eyebrows and turned to Han Sanggung and found the old lady looking at her with adoration.

"Beautiful! How very beautiful!" The old lady exclaimed before pushing her down the chair. The old lady expertly combed her hair and pulled it back to a bun, adorning it with a jade pin. Han Sanggung sighed in regret. With this beauty and innocence, a golden phoenix or dragon pin suited her best, but those were only for the queen and consorts.

Finally, a head piece was put on top of her head. Han Sanggung signaled her two assistants to help Sandara get up and they all marveled at her beauty. "Oh, before I forgot!" Han Sanggung rushed to put two red paper dots on her cheeks. She didn't dare put much make up on her for her natural beauty shone through. She just made her purse her lips on a red paper that added a bit of color to her face. Finally, they put the outer robes on her before hanging the peony embroidered white sash over her forearms.

"All set." Han Sanggung announced and Sandara gave her a nervous smile.

"Can I see my parents now?" She was really getting nervous by the time and Han Sanggung felt it as well. The palace lady simply nodded her head and made the two servants assist her while she lead the way.

It was a custom for a bride to greet her parents before the wedding, same thing with the groom to his parents, but Sandara was aware of all the tedious ceremonies long before that Han Sanggung didn't have a hard time guiding her. Sandara was fully aware she was doing a good start but something kept her anxious as the hours dragged.

And little by little, her imagination about marriage and romance started to shatter.

The auspicious hour was coming, and as Sandara took a peep outside, she felt uncomfortable. At the yard behind the main hall was a wedding table, with just some few offerings. The royal guards were scattered outside in disguise, and the servants were all dispersed. It also seemed there were no visitors coming. The only people left were the wedding officiator who was Han Sanggung's relative, and Han Sanggung herself.

At this, Sandara felt a stab in her heart. Must her wedding look this ordinary? When her father said that the wedding would be a simple ceremony, she didn't expect it would look this pitiful. There were no colorful ribbons, no decorations, no banquet, no special food and drinks. In short, it wasn't obvious at all that a wedding was going to happen that day.

Still, Sandara kept it all to herself. She smiled when her mother worried for her and she nodded when her father asked her if she was fine. When she hugged her parents, all she ever saw were their pained hearts and troubled thoughts, all which fueled more of her worries.

"Is His Majesty coming as well?" She asked.

"I'm afraid not," Governor Park answered. "His Majesty is a busy person. We should be grateful enough when he blessed us with his appearance yesterday,"

Sandara nodded, a bit disappointed that she wasn't able to see the King's face. If the King wasn't coming, then does it mean there were no representatives on the groom's part? She looked out of the window once more but Han Sanggung immediately closed it.

"Agashi... Please wait comfortably. His Excellency should be on his way already,"

Sandara obediently sat down and waited. She refused to be held by her mother for her own worries were enough to prick her eyes to tears, what more when she hears her mother's troubles? Governor Park decided to go out and investigate. It really was almost the auspicious hour but they still have no news coming from the groom's side.

After a little while more of waiting, Sandara was sure she was going to lose face already. The arranged time has passed, but the groom hadn't arrived! What kind of bad luck was this? Even if he was a royalty, how dare he humiliate her family like this? She will never allow this to just pass without a good fight!

She was about to confront Han Sanggung when the latter beat her to it.

"Agashi! Ma-nim! The groom has arrived! But—" Han Sanggung was about to explain something when Madam Park stood up with Sandara.

"Let's not waste more time. My daughter has waited long enough." She coldly said but her eyes were obviously turning red.

Sandara could just swallow her pride and ball her fists. As if the plain wedding wasn't enough, the groom even arrived late. Why is she being punished like this?

When she reached the door, she had to fold her arms and hide her face. So she kept her head bowed while Han Sanggung assisted her. She felt she was being forced to rush and she even sensed Han Sanggung's fear. When she found a chance to go into the old lady's thoughts, all she's heard were her worries and her negative impression about the king's uncle.

Sandara had to open her eyes. Was the groom supposed to be this frightening???

When she arrived, she didn't even have the time to pay attention to the man who was already standing by the ceremonial table. All she's seen was the red robes he was wearing, that of a high ranking official, for her view was very limited since she kept her head low, her forearms even covering the view. Still she managed to walk gracefully but when she was halfway, she heard a voice so full of authority that she almost froze to her spot.

"Come over quickly!" 

Sandara had no time to think when Han Sanggung almost dragged her towards the table. If not for her good balance, she would definitely topple over the ground. She was quick to gain her composure and she didn't even try to talk back when usually she would, not because she was afraid or something, but she was worried for her parents. Those two might be startled to death.

What kind of man behaves like this on his wedding day? So arrogant! Even if he has royal blood running in his veins, that wasn't one bit acceptable! Still, she didn't dare bring up an argument, not in front of her parents. She stood up, still her face covered but with a dignified expression.

The wedding officiator probably realized he should do his part quickly as well. The wedding ceremony should be long and tedious, but surprisingly, the bride and groom already started bowing to her parents, then to each other as he instructed. Sandara had no choice but to comply. There were no exchanges of vows, no drinking from the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter