Suddenly, The Tables Have Turned

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There's a saying, you only reap what you sow, and at the moment, Sandara was facing the consequences of her previous action. Even if Kwon Jiyong said he wasn't going to punish her, she knew that her iceberg of a husband was doing this to her to teach her another lesson.

Just because she didn't tell him what happened that day downtown, it didn't mean he would never know. Sandara was well aware of how capable her husband was in gathering information. She couldn't even blame Hong for spilling everything out to Kwon Jiyong for she was sure the man had received a heinous threat before he opened his mouth.

Meanwhile, Kwon Jiyong had been fuming since he learned about Sandara's disastrous adventure. He had no idea why she came here in the first place, but he somehow doubted it was because she wanted to apologize. Park Sandara was not someone who easily admits her mistake, and most of the time, she even finds justifications for her actions. But he was not going to hear it from her. He was going to intimidate her, until she realizes her wrongdoings.

Taking in as much air as she could, Sandara walked in front of Kwon Jiyong with small, hesitant footsteps. She had always been bold and unrelenting, but tonight, she felt like she was treading on thin ice. If Kwon Jiyong asked her to serve him in his bath months ago when she first met him, she could have done undressing him gracefully in a snap. But she's changed. Deep inside of her, a lot has changed.

She was thankful though that Kwon Jiyong couldn't read her mind. If so, she would have died in embarrassment a long time ago. Her thoughts, all thanks to Jo Sanggung, weren't as pure as before. And right now, she couldn't help but think of obscene, malicious things with Kwon Jiyong standing closely in front of her. She felt scared and enthralled, hesitant yet curious.

She peered up at him when she was already standing before him only to see him looking far ahead and not paying her a single glance.

"I... I'm going to your garb, Your Highness..." she announced as she lifted her trembling hands. Undoing the side of the garb was easy, but not the part near his neck. Standing on tiptoes, she reached out to unclasp the upper part of his red garb which made the garment loosen instantly, falling open in front and making Sandara almost leap up to the ceiling in surprise. She clutched her chest and shut her eyes tight. 

Calm down heart. One down. A few more layers to go.

Kwon Jiyong opened his arms so that she could easily pull his red garb off and Sandara tried her hardest not to cause any more trouble. When she finally managed to remove it, she carefully hung it on the rack at the corner. She took more lungfuls of needed air before going back to remove his remaining clothes.

Take it easy, heart. You have to be good to your husband. You're just performing wifely duties. See? It's easy. Untie here and there, peel it off of him and then onto the next.

She was doing a good job until she finally reached the last of his clothes. She didn't even realize it until she was already facing his hard packed abs and chest. Her face turned heated in an instant and she had to look away in embarrassment.

"Found anything interesting on that side? Is that more important than your husband who's getting cold now?"

What a great tease and bully! Kwon Jiyong you bastard! Sandara muttered in her head. Had she known she'd receive this kind of treatment, she would have just stayed in her chamber and locked herself up. But she had a purpose for coming here and it wasn't just to make up with him or what. She just needed to find the right way to say it.

Closing her eyes, she slowly turned to the impatient iceberg and started to undress him once more. His innerwear was made of fine white silk, so nice to touch, yet Sandara had her fingers curled except for her thumb and pointer, scared to touch something she wasn't really supposed to.

"What's taking you so long?"

Sandara was startled by Kwom Jiyong's voice despite it being low and contained and her hands accidentally brushed against his hips making her jolt in shock as if she was electrocuted. His skin was cold in contrast to her warm one, and while it was smooth, it was also very firm and rigid against her soft one. The sensation, along with her illicit thoughts, made it even more unbearable for her.

Her heart hammered wildly against her chest. There's no way she could finish undressing him without having a heart attack!

Kwon Jiyong's brows were tightly knitted together as he peered down at her and held both of her hands which were still holding the ties of his innerwear. "Why do you look so burdened? Do you feel you're being punished? Do you take this as punishment?"

When Sandara didn't retort, Kwon Jiyong released her hands and cupped her flushed face, forcing her to look at him. "All my life, I have never allowed anyone, not one servant, not one woman, to wait outside my door and serve me. All my life, I've never allowed anyone to come this up close and private to me. All my life, I've never allowed anyone to see me and touch me like this. Now tell me this. How could you allow other men to hold and touch you? How could you simply put yourself in that dangerous situation without thinking about the consequences?"

Sandara stood silent while looking up at him docilely. She had always fought well in any argument before but tonight was an exception. How could she tell him all the matters that had been troubling her mind and heart?

Meanwhile Kwon Jiyong waited awkwardly for her to react to his declaration. It was true. He never asked for any female servant to wait on him and serve him. He had never asked any woman to undress him. No other woman had seen him bare. Yet why does she look like she was so burdened? Shouldn't she be guilty and apologetic? Shouldn't she feel at least honored?

Kwon Jiyong was a type who doesn't speak words of sweetness and affection, and he considered his lengthy speech as one. He was declaring she was the first and only one. How come she didn't react to it? Releasing her face when he realized she had fallen mute, he marched towards the pool and removed the remaining of his clothes. He was already submerged into the water when Sandara finally found her voice.

"I came here to apologize for being impulsive and for causing a ruckus downtown. But I'm not sorry for being curious about the people who have the same skills as me." Her voice didn't have the softness it earlier had. This time, she sounded resolute and confident. "Also, I raised my voice on you with other people around, for that, I believe I deserve to be punished. You're right, serving you is my duty as a wife, and I admit I'm lacking. So I deserve another punishment for that."

"I'm glad we're on the same page now." Kwon Jiyong coldly said, but deep inside he was surprised to hear her admit some of her mistakes.

"Zhu Yunhe..." Sandara's voice almost faltered when she mentioned the name, but immediately regained her cool. "That girl... Do you really need her in solving Sun Hae's case?"

"Mhm." Kwon Jiyong answered without even batting an eyelash, but wondered why the name was suddenly brought up.

"How about me?" Sandara turned around to meet his surprised gaze. He was now leaning his back on the poolside, his long arms splayed on each side. "Don't you think you might need me?"

"This is a very serious matter concerning the royal family."

"I'm a member of the royal family now."

"It doesn't concern you."

"It does." Sandara walked towards the pool and Kwon Jiyong furrowed his brows at her, quite threatened by the sudden change of her tone. Just who intimidates who now?

"Even if Sun Hae is no longer part of the hugung, she used to be the queen's responsibility. Since the queen cannot perform her duties at the moment, I volunteer to step in." Sandara was already by the edge of the pool when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter