I Have My Husband

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kwon Jiyong didn't understand where his unease was coming from. Even his shadow guards didn't find anything suspicious so he wasn't sure if there really was someone lurking around the inn or he was just thinking too much. The entire night, he didn't even wink an eye. He had been restless and perturbed ever since getting that strange feeling and his watchful eyes never left Sandara's sleeping form until the sun rose. 

He was very aware of her growing scent as days went by. If he was already having a hard time controlling himself, how much more the others of his kind? Even the respectable Dong Youngbae who went with him to the secret hideaway he prepared for Lee Donghae knew Sandara had been following them that day. He even warned him numerous times to always keep her close because judging by the way her scent affects them, imoogis and imoogans might flock around her anytime without a warning.

It only has a few more days before autumn arrives and Kwon Jiyong both looked forward and dreaded the day when the White Celestial Dragon would summon them to Busan again. Thinking positively, at least there was a way to claim Sandara fully. Once he marks her his own, she'd be safe from the others. On the other side, the guilt he was feeling had been eating him whole. Wouldn't it look like he was only protecting her for his own good? In the future, wouldn't he be the only one gaining from this? What happens to her once he rises as a full fledged dragon?

That day hasn't come yet, and he was already very frightened.

When Sandara woke up and saw him longingly staring down at her, she couldn't help but immediately cup his face, noticing the loneliness that was evident in his eyes.

"Your Highness, are you alright? Weren't you able to sleep?"

Kwon Jiyong forced a smile and leaned down to leave a peck on her forehead. "Freshen up while I get you something to eat. We need to leave this place immediately."

 

Soon they were traveling further North. If it would take a longer trip to the South by riding a carriage, then heading to the North was almost impossible riding one. The Northern provinces had mountainous paths and deep, narrow valleys. Taking the plains required longer travel time and they would have to cross more rivers often, so Kwon Jiyong decided they should take the quicker path, which was through the valleys. They traveled with a few stops every now and then because Kwon Jiyong worried Sandara would be too tired throughout the journey but surprisingly, she seemed fine and still energetic.

How could she be not? If she could only keep her eyes open the whole time, hell, she would. Who knows what might happen when Kwon Jiyong and Zhu Yunhe were alone?

Well, it's not that she distrusts Kwon Jiyong that much. She was just afraid of the unknown. Kwon Jiyong met Zhu Yunhe first and he stayed with her since he lived in Ming for a long time. She had no idea how close they are, but something tells her Zhu Yunhe knows Kwon Jiyong a whole lot better than she does. Besides, what if there was already something going on between the two before she arrived? Wasn't her marriage with Kwon Jiyong only arranged by the King?

Before the next sunrise, they finally reached the province of Hamgyong, the northernmost province of Joseon. Kwon Jiyong decided to take another stop to allow the two women to rest before further traveling towards Yalu river.

"What a sight to behold!" Sandara marvelled at the great Baekdu mountain before them. The sun hasn't shown yet and the area was still quite foggy, yet the majestic mountain towered before them as if showing its authority. If Sandara would compare the mountain to a human in terms of its greatness, then Kwon Jiyong would be the closest. It's peak was covered with snow which explained why the temperature kept going down as they traveled North. Even at the moment, she was wearing Kwon Jiyong's cloak over her hanbok, while Kwon Jiyong, being relatively the iceberg that he is, seemed not to be bothered at all.

Meanwhile Zhu Yunhe had always been prepared, coming from a cold northern kingdom such as Ming. She secured a thick coat inside her bag but she had been annoyed for so long seeing Kwon Jiyong taking care of Sandara all throughout the journey. Faking a sneeze, she wiped her nose and rubbed her arms. "So cold!" She exclaimed, making Kwon Jiyong turn to her.

"Wait here," Kwon Jiyong said before going into the forest. Soon he brought some pieces of woods and kindlings with him. He made sure to turn his back on Sandara as he snapped his fingers which ignited the stack of woods instantly, and not too long, they were all warming their hands by the fire. All the while, Sandara was wondering how Kwon Jiyong was able to make a fire easily, but at the back of her head she knew how great of a man her husband is so she didn't ask anymore. She was trying to stay quiet, feeling the awkward air between the three of them since they started this long journey, but it seems Zhu Yunhe was really testing her pat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter