His Excellency's Favored Wife 1

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(credits to @marraroma for these banners ❤❤❤)

 

The next morning, as their usual chore, Jo Sanggung, Seol, and Byeol went to their His Excellency's chamber to find their lady and help her wash up, but much to their dismay, Moo Yeon said that their Manim slept in her room.

The trio paraded back to their lady's room, Jo Sanggung and Seol the most disheartened among them, while Byeol curved her lips in disapproval of Kwon Jiyong. 

"Wait here, you two. I'll just go check if Manim is already awake," Jo Sanggung handed the tray of towels to Byeol before shuffling towards the door but even before she could knock on it, the door slid open widely revealing a cold and domineering form that made the three shrink down in surprise. Well mostly, Seol and Byeol for Jo Sanggung was quick to bounce up in delight.

"Daegam!!!" She giggled as she clasped her hands together.

But Kwon Jiyong just cleared his throat and without looking at her spoke, "Come back later. Let her sleep some more," before finally leaving with long and confident strides.

"Aigoo!!!" Jo Sanggung eyed her lord. "Doctor Lee Donghae especially instructed Daegam to leave Manim be for a month. It hasn't been over a week yet but it seems that little devil couldn't keep his hands to himself!" Jo Sanggung laughed. She couldn't really blame his Lord. With a wife as beautiful and charming as her lady, which man could really control himself?

Meanwhile Seol and Byeol were left blushing in shock. Does this mean their Manim and Daegam finally—

O.O

Soon the rumor went around the whole estate, with Jo Sanggung being the main culprit. Of course, she wanted everyone to respect their lady and made sure that whoever attempts to hurt their lady again would have to suffer huge consequences since His Excellency favors his wife.

And like wildfire, the story reached the capital in a day. While most people have no idea how His Excellency looked like, more have even become curious on the looks of the wife. Of course the long line of His Excellency's admirers were heartbroken because of the news of his marriage, what more now that they heard His Excellency dotes on her wife. While some believed the rumors, a lot of people were also skeptical.

How could a stone cold, ruthless man suddenly fancy someone? It must be just someone's imagination.

But Kwon Jiyong had no concern about humans, much less rumors, so of course he didn't know he and his wife was the current talk of the town. Since he knew his wife's heart after reading her notes, he decided to task Jo Sanggung to find the best seamstress in town. He also ordered Kang Daesung to buy some jewelries and accessories and have it delivered to the estate.

By noon, he was in his study when Moo Yeon knocked on his door.

"What is it?" Kwon Jiyong asked.

"Daegam, Manim is at the pavilion and is asking for audience,"

Kwon Jiyong stood up and immediately headed to the pavilion. He was expecting that the woman was probably going to bombard him with questions about last night. He made sure to return her letters to its previous arrangement, even copied the way she folded them. She was quite careless so couldn't have noticed, right? Somehow, he made up an excuse just in case she asks him but when he arrived at the pavilion, Sandara only welcomed him with a foolish grin.

"Daegam," she bowed before looking at him with those clear bright eyes. "A lot of gifts arrived and my room is really full now,"

Kwon Jiyong didn't retort but the words that came out of Sandara's lips made him furrow his brows. "Daegam... Instead of gifts, can you just let the issue about the little boy go and stop the hunt?"

Kwon Jiyong could just watch her with interest. Wasn't she just complaining in her older letter how that Lady Sun Hae mocked her appearance and lack of accessories? 

Actually, Kwon Jiyong's men had long abandoned the hunt for the little thief, but he didn't announce that of course to instill fear to anyone who would attempt to do the same. But even if he didn't pursue catching the boy, he was still wondering how such little human was able to barge into the household unnoticed. It alarmed him of course. So he removed the old guards and replaced them with another batch.

"Daegam?"

"Alright," Kwon Jiyong said.

"You mean, you're not going to find and punish the boy anymore?"

"Mm."

"Thank you Daegam! I shall ask the servants to send the gifts back—"

"How could you choose a little boy over your husband's gifts? Foolish woman!" Kwon Jiyong sourly mumbled as he looked away, obviously displeased. 

"Please do not misunderstand, Daegam... But Jeonha gave me a lot too. I just don't have access to it since it's in your care. And sending me this much..."

"Kang Daesung!" 

Kang Daesung suddenly popped out of nowhere, startling Sandara and sometimes she wonders if Kang Daesung and Moo Yeon have superpowers as well to appear then suddenly disappear in an instant. Well perhaps, it was out of fear of Kwon Jiyong that they have developed such skill.

"Hand a duplicate key to the storage room to this Lords's wife."

Kang Daesung's tiny eyes widened. Did he hear it right??? "Daegam... You mean your own storage room—"

Kwon Jiyong glared at the man making him bow. "This one understands! Immediately, this one shall get it!" 

When Kang Daesung was gone, Kwon Jiyong faced the woman before him. "I'll have the gifts taken to the storage later. Once Kang Daesung hands you the key, you can access your things anytime." Kwon Jiyong's face was stern. He didn't understand why he felt disappointed with her lukewarm reaction to his gifts. "Anything else?"

"Ah... I was wondering... " Sandara hesitated for a moment but she was really curious how she ended up in her room and she worried if he found all her notes in her study. Jo Sanggung has been sending her weird looks today so she hesitated to go near the old lady again afraid she'd see her wild inner thoughts again. "Last night..."

"You left your window open." Kwon Jiyong glared at her, not giving her the chance to raise suspicions. "How could a woman hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter