Baring Himself To Her

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Where are we going?"

Sandara asked as Kwon Jiyong took her into his arms and leaped up into the sky when the entire troop finally left. She was wondering why it was almost sunset when they left but even that remained unanswered. Kwon Jiyong didn't speak a thing and kept his gaze ahead. It didn't take them long to reach the peak of Yangja mountain, the highest in Yeoju. Beneath them was the Namhan river and the contrast of the blue waters to the autumn foliage around them was a sight to behold. However, on the other side of the mountain was a gorge which depth was immeasurable by the eye. Sandara stepped back. Even people without the fear of heights would definitely cower. Not too long, she heard a shuffling sound behind the dry bushes.

"You can come out now." Kwon Jiyong said with his imploring voice and soon, Ryung rolled out of the thicket with a loud sneeze, carrying a bag almost bigger than his size on his back.

"Achoo!"

"Ryung-ah! What are you doing here?" Sandara was ready to run towards the boy but Kwon Jiyong held her by her arms and made sure she was only looking at him.

"Listen, we'll take the safest route. I cannot take any risk now that you are traveling with me, do you understand?" Kwon Jiyong asked, making her nod like an obedient child. When she heard her husband sigh just as she saw a glint of hesitation flitted past his eyes, Sandara felt it was odd. What was Kwon Jiyong planning?

"Do you trust me?"

Sandara nodded once more and she hadn't even blinked an eye yet when Kwon Jiyong suddenly took a plunge on the edge of the cliff and dove into the infinite depth of the ravine.

"Kwon Jiyong!!!" Sandara's voice echoed all throughout the vast open space as she rushed to follow Kwon Jiyong. Fortunately, Ryung was quick to pull her back to a safer spot.

"Manim, calm down. His Highness is fine."

"No!" Sandara was beyond mortified. How can anyone take a freefall in such a fatal height and still be fine? She ran back to the edge of the cliff and cried out Kwon Jiyong's name many times but nothing came. Soon, tears blurred her vision as she slumped down on the ground and Ryung rushed to her side to comfort her.

But Sandara froze when she heard a rumbling sound from below, followed by the subtle shaking of the ground. Sandara wiped her tears, but before she could even stand up and see what it was, a gigantic dark creature emerged from below and shot up to the sky, circling the clouds before it descended before her. Ryung wiped her tears for her and patted her back.

"Manim, didn't I tell you not to worry? Come. Hop on!" Ryung said but Sandara was still in utmost shock. She was petrified on her spot like a stone statue.

"Did I frighten you?"

A voice deeper than the roaring thunder filled her ears and it came from none other than the dark gray serpent-like creature before her. Its eyes were watchful of her, its fiery shiny orbs resembled two little suns. It has a pair of sharp protruding fangs, limbless, and its skin was full of green shiny scales. Though gigantic and physically different, it doesn't look so bad as what she heard. This is Kwon Jiyong. This creature was nothing like the scary and hideous monster like what the old folks say.

Meanwhile, the imoogi was anxious of her reaction and seeing her dumbstruck expression made him sigh. What does he expect? He was a giant monster in flesh. Of course she would be scared! But just as he lowered his head in disappointment, she heard her footsteps as well as her childlike giggle.

"It's you! I've finally got to see you like this!" Sandara struggled to embrace him. However, her arms barely reached the quarter of his entire face. He hadn't spoken in return yet when she started running along his length and jumping up to reach his back. "How. Do. I. Sit. Here?!" Sandara asked one word in every jump she made. The imoogi gently snorted, a small, amused sound escaping his throat.

This woman never fails to surprise him everyday.

Guiding her up to sit on his back with his tail, the imoogi waited for her to sit comfortably before he tossed Ryung to sit right in front of Sandara. "Hold tight." He said, and soon they were up in the sky, flying across the lands and rivers of Joseon and racing against the sunset as they headed to Ming.

 

 

_________________

 

 

By the time they reached a small town below the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Lijiang, an independent city which is under Dragon Realm's jurisdiction, it was only around sulshi hours. However, the cold Northern climate made the surroundings darker and eerie, the cold wind blowing from the snow capped mountain chilled them to their bones.

When Sandara and Ryung had safely descended, Kwon Jiyong, still in his imoogi form, soared up once more before plunging into the ice cold water of a lake nearby. Ryung was quick to rush over as he rummaged through the bag he had been carrying since earlier. Not too long, the water burbled before Kwon Jiyong emerged, now in his human form. As he swept his long hair back and stepped up to the shallow part, Sandara's eyes widened.

Heaven forbid! He was stark !

Sandara had to look away in shame, her cheeks and entire body on fire despite the cold weather.

"Are you alright?"

Goosebumps appeared on her skin when he finally heard Kwon Jiyong's voice behind her. She only nodded, not even trying to look back at him, her body as stiff and straight as a rod.

Kwon Jiyong chuckled. Reaching out to hold her arms, he spun her around only to find her squirming while her eyes were tightly shut. "What are you imagining?"

"N-n-othing!" She answered, covering her face with her palms which Kwon Jiyong quickly pulled apart. Leaning over he whispered.

"Ryung is missing."

"Huh?!" Sandara instantly snapped her eyes open only to be welcomed by her husband's face. He had that handsome smirk playing at the corner of his lips while droplets of water rolled down from his wet fringes down to his cheeks as he scoffed at her. Sandara found herself mesmerized by him that she almost forgot he was just a few minutes ago!

Panic struck her as she recovered her wits but to her relief, and somehow, disappointment, Kwon Jiyong was already dressed up in a pair of trousers and loose robes.

"You don't have to look so disappointed." Kwon Jiyong teased, making her frown but instead, she retorted with a sneeze.

"Let's get you in. You might be cold," Kwon Jiyong said, as if it was as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter