Into His Excellency's Household

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara woke up by the sound of her grumbling stomach. She haven't had any meal since morning and she almost forgot that she got married today. She sighed disappointedly. What wedding when there barely was anything to eat earlier?

Sandara imagined all the foods that could have been served at the banquet and she salivated at the feast in her head. It made her stomach protest even more.

She sat up and realized she hadn't even spread out the mattress earlier and fell asleep on the floor. She was currently inside a chamber at the courtyard behind the main hall of the residence. It wasn't too big, not too small in size, and it could compare to the size of her room in their own house. She remembered she entered a medium-sized residence and she was guided past a hall. There was a room to the left, and another to the right. The room in the middle was where she was taken. Other than that, she couldn't recall seeing anything anymore. She didn't even have the time to take a tour or see her surroundings because her palanquin stopped right in front of the chambers where she was currently at.

She looked at her state and her shoulders sagged. She was still wearing her wedding robes and her bridal head piece yet her groom had long left her on her own, alone and starving. She probably looked like the most pitiful bride in town. How dare that man treat her like this? She wanted to cry but she felt too dehydrated to even produce tears. was parched dry, and her stomach continued to make embarrassing sounds, things she never experienced in her entire existence, much less imagine to happen to her.

"You... Kwon Jiyong!!!" She slammed her palm against the small table in front of her as she called him by his name. "How could you treat me this way!"

She stood up and was about to go out of the room when she suddenly heard some footsteps coming her way. She immediately crawled back to her former position to lay down and pretend to sleep.

What happened to her little protest?

Actually Sandara was quite intimidated a bit by the man. She wanted to gauge him first so she could give a good fight but it was impossible to see through him. She could be brave and outspoken, but there are also times like this when she hesitated.

After all, Kwon Jiyong wasn't an easy man.

And speaking of the cold and uncaring man, he just arrived and entered the room with Han Sanggung carrying a tray of dishes and tea.

He looked down at the form of the woman all splayed down on the floor. How could such a woman not have an ounce of sef preservation? Offended by the sight, he only turned around to leave.

"Feed that woman." He told Jo Sanggung before he vanished.

Sandara opened her eyes as the scent of food wafted in the air. She didn't even wait to be waken up, she immediately stretched and yawned as if she only woke up just now.

"Agashi... I mean... Ma-nim..."

Sandara choked when the servant addressed her that way. It was only appropriate since she is now the official lady of the house but still, she wasn't used to it yet.

"Ma-nim, let this servant introduce herself. I am Jo Sangung and if there's anything Ma-nim wants, please don't hesitate to tell this old servant." Jo Sangung was a kind and gentle woman and she used to work in the palace. Unlike Han Sanggung who only got recently promoted, Jo Sanggung was definitely someone more superior and by far more experienced. She smiled when she saw the discomfort in Sandara's eyes.

"Come, Daegam personally ordered this servant to serve you dinner, Ma-nim." Definitely, Jo Sanggung knew how to make someone feel better. She understood her master had never cared for women and even treated his admirers as if they were invisible, but caring to feed his wife is already a good start! 

Sandara wanted to scoff. That ice berg didn't say it that way! He told you to feed this woman as if I'm some sort of a prisoner! But she didn't dare voice it out. She barely knew the servant. What if she tells her on to that man?

"Thank you," Sandara just politely answered instead. She helped herself with some soup first to warm her stomach before she started digging in. She was so hungry! In no time, Jo Sanggung's mouth was left hanging in shock when she realized she didn't even need to clean the bowls later. Sandara finished everything up to the last grain of rice in a blink of an eye! Jo Sanggung sized up the pretty lady in front of her, how did such amount of food disappear into a body as small as this?

"Uhm..." Sandara wiped her lips and shyly smiled.

"Ma-nim... Do you still want more?"

"No, I'm already full." She grinned. "But... Do you have any sweets?"

To this, Jo Sanggung laughed timidly. " Ma-nim... Daegam doesn't like sweets so we don't prepare them beforehand. But this servant can make you one. Please wait a bit."

"No need... It's alright," Sandara stood up to stop her.

"Since Ma-nim likes sweets, this servant shall remember. I'll make sure to always prepare it for you in the future,"

Sandara beamed at the old lady, and Jo Sanggung had to approve.

For a lady this lovely and charming, with a smile that could melt anyone's heart, she would definitely serve her really well.

Who knows, this lady would also be the one to melt her master's ice-cold heart.

 

 

The next day, Jo Sanggung was also the first person who greeted her early in the morning. She took her to her bath which was in a room connected to her chamber and helped her wash up. She refused to be served at first, not because she wasn't used to it, but because she was not used to the person. In the end, Jo Sanggung did not relent and insisted on assisting her til the very end.

Sandara was apprehensive but upon seeing the thoughts of the old woman, she decided to just let her be. She felt a stab in her chest knowing that the old servant pitied her sincerely, and that her heart was filled with hope that one day, she would melt her master's heart.

Just what kind of human was Kwon Jiyong? She wondered. Based on his attitude, it doesn't seem like he had any bit of compassion in his heart. He was always stoic and cold as ice. What hardship and pains did such a young royalty like him go through for him to be so uncaring to the world?

Somehow, she decided to forego her plans to confront the man. Her pride as a woman was hurt when she removed her own head piece and pin last night, something which the groom should have done, but she couldn't find it in her heart to judge the man now that she's seen Jo Sanggung's thoughts.

Kwon Jiyong, just what kind of person are you?

But two days have passed yet still, she haven't caught a glimpse of the man yet. Has he always been this busy?

Currently, she was seated at the left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter