Interrogation

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early the next day, Sandara didn't know why, but she felt quite disappointed when Kwon Jiyong didn't drop by her quarters. Did the man go out again? Or did she annoy him because she pestered him about his wound?

But why was it that even Jo Sanggung, Seol and Byeol weren't here yet?

Feeling a bit better and energized than yesterday, she decided to wash up then take a walk but was surprised when she saw Kwon Jiyong standing tall and proud before all of the servants in the house. He was wearing a dark hue of gray loose robes and wasn't wearing his hat so it didn't seem he's leaving any time soon. He gave off a casual air, his hair was secured up with a golden pin, but his cold and threatening aura occupied the entire courtyard as he looked down at his servants, hands clasped behind him.

"Daegam," she greeted, trying to bury last night's incident at the back of her head and directed her eyes to his still bandaged side of neck. Kwon Jiyong didn't look her way but stepped a bit aside to give her room.

"Better?" He asked without looking at her and she only answered with a short yes.

She looked at all the servants cowering in fear, Kang Daesung, Jo Sanggung, Seol and Byeol included. While she was sure those four weren't the culprit, she darted her eyes to all the other servants who assisted her in cooking. She turned to Kwon Jiyong once more and wondered how he would deal with this matter. Before she could even ask, he spoke in an impatient and threatening manner.

"So no one's still going to speak up about this matter?"

It turns out, he had been questioning the servants since sunrise.

It was unusual for him to wait for a second for answer, what more an hour. Sandara sensed he would be at his limits soon and in no time, she was proven correct.

"Moo Yeon!" Kwon Jiyong called for someone making everyone shiver in fear as if that name sounded like a warning to them. Not too long, a tall guard wearing all black and holding a sword came bowing before him.

"Yes, Daegam!"

"Tie everyone and lock them up for further interrogation!"

Dear Heavens!

Just Moo Yeon's name, Kwon Jiyong's chief guard, was enough to make the servants tremble. What more the word interrogation!

Each and every one fell on their knees but it was too late. Whatever Kwon Jiyong says, Moo Yeon follows, no questions asked! Soon all the guards from the Hidden Seclusion took over those inside the estate. Not only the kitchen maids were apprehended, even the errand boys, gatesmen, porters, cleaning maids, and maidservants. When Jo Sanggung, Seol and Byeol were about to be dragged away, Sandara wanted to appeal for them. She didn't mind Kang Daesung though, remembering how the man lied to her and reported to Kwon Jiyong about their little moeseumnal feast. Of course, she held grudges.

She turned to Kwon Jiyong and realized speaking up to defend her servants would make his mood worse. For him to call his personal guards to take over the whole estate, it meant he was gravely focused on finding the culprit. She decided to step back and let the interrogation proceed.

Besides, what harm could it bring Jo Sanggung, Seol, and Byeol? They were innocent afterall! The only problem was, Sandara didn't know what interrogation meant to Kwon Jiyong. His ways have always been different.

She looked at three and sent them an assuring look. When all the servants were gone, Kwon Jiyong left as well. He was midway to his residence when a black-suited guard arrived to report something. Thinking it was something which was not her business, Sandara turned to leave as well only to be called back by Kwon Jiyong.

"What are you waiting for? Come over quickly!" He said, now standing in his pavilion in the middle of the pond, the guard already gone. 

Is he talking to me? Sandara wondered. Come to think of it, he never really called her by her name or status.

Her lips curved in annoyance, but still, she buried it in her heart. The man wasn't in a good mood already, and she didn't want to make it worse. Besides she wanted to check his injury too and ask him what happened.

With her usual composed grace, she walked down the steps and crossed the bridge. When she arrived at the pavilion, she realized that breakfast was already set there. Kwon Jiyong sat on his seat without a care, while Sandara decided to sit across him, worrying she might suffer from indigestion if she sat beside him. She was about to bend down when Kwon Jiyong spoke once more.

"This is your seat. How could a wife not know where her place should be?" Kwon Jiyong finally looked her way with his brows creased, his hand tapping the empty seat to his right. She sighed helplessly.

Of course she knew about such things but since when did this iceberg started caring for her position as wife? Ah... So this is still part of the propriety he was talking about?

Defeated and hungry, Sandara had no choice but to oblige. She decided to be a good girl and serve him at least on the table. She poured him tea, and waited for him to eat before she could start digging in.

But damned insensitive man! How could he only drink his tea and not pick up his chopsticks?

Sandara was getting frustrated. She only kept drinking liquids since yesterday and she really felt so hungry now.

Sensing her gaze, Kwon Jiyong finally threw her a look. When he realized she hadn't started eating yet and obediently waited for him, he picked up his chopsticks. Sandara immediately picked up hers too and waited for the man to pick up something to eat. But instead, Kwon Jiyong only took a piece of egg and vegetable roll and put it on her bowl.

"Eat," he simply said without any hint of emotion in his voice. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter