A Heated Argument

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next day, Sandara felt comfortable as she stretched her tired limbs, feeling the soft, silky sheets around her body. This bed felt so cozy!

Bed???

Sandara shot up immediately. How and when did she end up in bed??? The last time she remembered, she was sitting on the floor beside His Excellency's bed. What gall she had for her to crawl onto it herself!

She turned to her left only to realize that Kwon Jiyong had long been gone. When she swung her leg off the bed, she found her injured ankle was already bandaged and felt better than last night so she immediately rushed out of the room.

 

Looking around the vast courtyard surrounded by guards, she found Kwon Jiyong at the pavilion near the eastern building, wearing a black untied robe over his bandaged torso, his long black hair tied to a half up top knot. He was having a serious conversation with Lee Donghae, while Kang Daesung seemed to be informing him of something on the side.

Since when did Kwon Jiyong become friendly with the doctor? 

Ryung on the other hand was watching the guards who were training on the grounds. Somehow, the view really caught his interest. When Ryung finally noticed her, the boy immediately sprung to his feet and rushed to greet her.

"Good morning Manim!" Ryung smiled brightly at her but Sandara only glared at him.

"Silly boy! Why did you sneak into the carriage yesterday?"

Ryung pouted and hung his head guiltily. "Please don't be mad, Manim... I was just wondering where you're going. Besides, Manim looked very worried yesterday so I was worried too!"

Sandara pursed her lips and squinted her eyes as she asked him further. "Then why did you pick some numbweeds and redwort during our stop?"

"I heard you were talking about His Excellency. You said he was injured... I know very well about plants!" Ryung blabbered proudly. "Numbweed and redwort works really well with im—" Ryung shook his head, suddenly feeling strange. What was he trying to say and where did these knowledge in his mind actually come from? Suddenly he felt confused. He was about to say imoogi. What exactly is an imoogi?

"Ryung?" Sandara felt worried when Ryung kept shaking his head. "Ryung-ah!" She hugged the boy who fell weakly in her arms.

"Manim, I feel so dizzy..."

"Doctor Lee!!!" Sandara cried out making the doctor and Kwon Jiyong rush to their feet. When Lee Donghae arrived, he immediately picked the boy up and bowed.

"I'll take care of him. Please excuse us," Lee Donghae's ever so gentle eyes suddenly flashed with anxiety. When the doctor left, Kwon Jiyong was already walking towards her with long, steady strides. She met him halfway with a worried expression, but before she could even open up to speak, Kwon Jiyong removed his robes and wrapped it around her securely.

Sandara was at a loss for words.

She wasn't wearing anything vulgar or revealing, why cover her up this much?

But what she didn't notice was that the ever cold and quite imposing man that was her husband, kept blocking the guards on the training ground from looking at her.

All the while she kept trying to take a glimpse of his injured back but Kwon Jiyong slightly pushed her forward and stayed behind her.

She halted her steps and turned to look up at him with a curious glare. Well, looking at him upclose, he seemed fine, only that he was still quite pale. But since he can frown and look at her with his frosty eyes again it meant he was really better now.

"Explain yourself," Kwon Jiyong was obviously trying to hold back his rage. Sandara knew her lofty and distant husband would definitely be mad at her for interfering with his personal business and space, and judging by his looks, she was quite sure he was only getting started.

But what was there left to explain? For sure, his loyal men had already informed him about what she did, up to the tiniest detail. And what seemed to her before as a friendly chat between Kwon Jiyong and Lee Donghae finally turned out to look like the former investigating the latter.

Ah... He had the gall. After keeping a whole lot of things unsaid, after keeping so many secrets from her, he had the gall to even tell her to explain herself when it should be the other way around.

"Why did you come here?" Those five words left Kwon Jiyong's lips with an icy tone yet somehow, Sandara only felt more annoyed. What was she really expecting from this lofty and indifferent man who knew nothing but to control people around him?

Alright, she understood that this iceberg had always been above all others and his words were the law but deep inside she somehow expected him to at least gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter