Until Then

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love you, Kwon Jiyong, whoever you are. Whatever you are. I'm honestly scared because I don't have any idea what awaits us. But I don't need anything else. Just let me stay by your side."

Love? Kwon Jiyong remained frozen like a block of ice as Sandara confessed her heart to him. He had become so cold and distant for so long and such a word felt so unfamiliar to him. He rarely heard it from Ara before despite their relationship. How come this woman could speak freely of it?

Love… When was the last time it came out of his lips? Ahh… Before he left for war, he told Ara about it. He promised he'll be back and she promised she would wait for him.

Even if she had to wait for a thousand years, she said she would wait for him.

Realization hit him hard. Ara might have been gone and but the pain in his heart all those years reminded him she had always been there and now, seeing this woman before him, he realized Ara remained true to her promise. She was there all along. Waiting for him. She might have changed a lot, but her heart remained the same. She came in this lifetime and fulfilled her promise.

Smiling with tears b on his eyes for the first time in a while, Kwon Jiyong pulled her into his arms in a comforting embrace. Sandara smiled and wrapped her tiny arms around his waist, feeling for the very first time the sound of his heartbeat. It made a loud thudding sound that made her smile even wider. They bathe in the peace of their hearts despite the uncertainty of the future, despite whatever tomorrow might bring.

 

 

___________________

 

 

Inside the guest room where Lee Donghae was staying, Ryung had been busy running to and fro, brewing medicine and attending to the still unconscious doctor. Hong had been transferred to his room earlier and is currently recuperating so the little boy's attention was all focused on the doctor.

The white celestial dragon already shared some of her energy with Lee Donghae yesterday and had been exhausted after cultivating Sandara's mark so she simply sat in a corner, watching the little boy running about.

She heard he was mute, and when she saw him up close, she realized it was not because of some dark power or anything like that. Hyuk used his internal heat and energy to damage the boy's internal organs including his larynx. Without the boy knowing, the white celestial dragon slowly healed him, making him able to speak again.

"Yah." The white celestial dragon called the boy who was holding a medicine pot ready to make another batch of medicine.

"Yes?" Ryung was surprised to hear his own voice again. Thinking he naturally regained it, he smiled adorably while tilting his head in wonder.

"I'm getting dizzy with you running here and there. Didn't I tell you you're just wasting time? Doctor Lee wouldn't get well just by means of simple concoctions."

"This medicine is proven to be effective for imoogis for hundreds and hundreds of years. I'm sure it can cure Doctor Lee."

"You know he's an imoogi?"

The boy hesitated at first but answered after a while. "Well, I was not sure before but now I am. I'm pretty gifted in the field of medicine and poison. In case you know the Dark Den, I'm a young commander there back then."

The white celestial dragon smiled knowingly and regarded the boy. Well, Lee Donghae isn't an imoogi but a celestial dragon and there was no assurance Dark Den's infamous expertise in the field of medicine could heal him, but she didn't want to let the boy down. "You're a halfblood, right? Lee Seungri?"

"Mhm! How about you? What's your name?"

"Ga Eul."

"Ga Eul… How very suitable for the fall season."

"I was named after autumn, that's why. And I'm only staying for the season."

Ryung nodded and picked up his medicine pot once more. "Nice to meet you, Ga Eul."

"It would be nicer if you could also meet her soon," the white celestial dragon mumbled.

"You're saying something?"

"Nothing." she grinned, making the boy shrug as he left the room.

The white celestial dragon stood up from her seat and sat beside Lee Donghae. She tilted her head in surprise as she touched the unconscious celestial's forehead.

"Hmm… Who would have thought that little rascal's medicine would take effect?"

"That little one is pretty talented."

"You sound like you're fond of him. You seem to have gained a new friend." She nodded approvingly. "Good for you. You still have enough energy to go back up. Oh, by the way, I managed to heal him. He can talk now."

"Thank you," Lee Donghae's delicate eyes fluttered open and he managed to stretch his pale lips to a weak smile. "How is she?"

"She's fine. Her mark's all visible now. Her scent is still pretty strong which could attract more imoogis and imoogans but as long as Young is by her side, she'll be safe."

Lee Donghae sat up and scoffed. "I hope she won't do anything stupid from now on."

"It's not that what she did was stupid." The white celestial dragon opposed. "Who could blame her for being so curious? Young had always left her in the dark."

"He's just scared of what she'll think of him once she finds out."

The white celestial dragon peered at him, judging him hard. "Did you change lanes already? The last time I remember, you were on her side."

Lee Donghae laughed weakly. "I will always be on her side. It's just that, after knowing Young better, I realized how heavy his burdens are."

"No need to worry then. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter