Was She Able To Lure Him Or Was She Lured By Him?

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kwon Jiyong and Yi Sung had even become busier by the next few days. While Yi Sung addressed the issues from within the palace, Kwon Jiyong went around the capital everyday to make sure that the Police and Investigations Bureau were doing their job in securing Hanyang properly. All border gates were heavily guarded and everyone coming in and going out of the capital were thoroughly inspected including packages and goods.

Aside from this, a curfew was implemented to make sure no one would be on the streets from sulshi hours to inshi hours.

But while everyone was doing their best to control the situation, hearsays and rumors were also spreading out fast like wildfire.

Kwon Jiyong was revered by the citizens as he would always go around and check the borders himself every now and then. Whenever the people would attempt to bow down, Kwon Jiyong would order them to go on with whatever they were doing and not to waste time since they were at a trying time in the capital. Kwon Jiyong's free spirit and humility earned respect from the people and some couldn't even help but compare him to Yi Sung.

Even the queen was not able to escape the cruel judgment of the locals. Rumors about her difficult pregnancy circulated the capital and people could not help but associate it to the current events. Some even say that the child she was bearing was a bane to Joseon while some say that it was heaven's retribution for all the previous abuse of power her father, Minister Kim Byungchul did for so long. In the end, when problems and disasters arise, the people need someone to point their fingers at.

Some even went as far as wishing Kwon Jiyong had become the King instead of Yi Sung, and even praised Park Sandara's humble but noble family. How much more now that Kwon Jiyong finally allowed his precious wife to go out and do as she wishes?

After delivering food and medicine to the villagers of Dobong, Sandara who was accompanied by Moo Yeon and Jo Sanggung decided to drop by at the market to buy some fruits in season. She wanted to cook some pears for Kwon Jiyong since the weather is getting colder. Even if her husband was an immortal, wasn't he susceptible to illnesses too? Well, she wondered about that but still she decided to treat him well since he already lifted her punishment all of a sudden.

"Jo Sanggung, let us order a basket each of apples, pears and persimmons. Also, please get some walnuts and dates. I'll bring some to the queen when I go inside the palace tomorrow."

"Yes, Mama." Jo Sanggung delightedly ordered the fruits but then the shopkeeper had to bow his head and apologize.

"Please forgive this one. The remaining persimmons were already reserved. I do not have anymore to sell."

"Weren't persimmons already in season?" Jo Sanggung asked.

"Yes but the recent strict measures inside the capital made it impossible for our goods to arrive on time. The line of peddlers and delivery men have reached the neighboring provinces. Some fruits and vegetables would have probably already become rotten and spoiled."

Sandara decided to tell Moo Yeon to go around the marketplace and survey all the business owners and merchants. When Moo Yeon returned, he relayed his report to Sandara.

"Mama, unfortunately, more and more shops are closing down. Even the wine shop owners suffered a huge loss already. The food supplies were running out of stocks and the wet market is only relying on local produce."

Sandara nodded, carefully digesting the situation. "Moo Yeon, where is His Highness right now?"

"His Highness would probably be at the Police Bureau."

"Take me to him. I need to discuss this matter with him now." Sandara said before turning to Jo Sanggung.

"Jo Sanggung, please go back to the estate first. Take some people to carry the fruits for you."

"Yes Mama." Jo Sanggung took a few men with her and left.

But just as Sandara was about to board the palanquin, she felt a searing pain on her back, followed by a feeling of being watched. Her alert senses also made her aware that there was a strong presence near her. She has never felt this before, and she suspected it was all because of her mark.

Sandara had only one person in mind. She was sure it was no other than Hyuk. Who else could go in and out of the tightly secured capital effortlessly? Could the recent events be Hyuk's doing? If it is, then this is her chance to help Kwon Jiyong catch him!

Looking around, she saw a small alley at the end of the road leading to the south market. She didn't know how she was able to pinpoint where the energy was coming from, but she knew she had to meet him to clear her debt. Didn't Hyuk help her find Jo Sanggung before? In his message, he only asked her to meet him if she proves his words were true. If that is all, then she could give it to him. Moo Yeon said Kwon Jiyong is just at the Investigation Bureau which is only a few blocks away from the marketplace. She had no idea how these things work but if she could sense Hyuk's presence, then Kwon Jiyong could possibly too.

"Moo Yeon, come with me!" Sandara said which Moo Yeon was eager to follow.

Following her instincts, Sandara reached an old shack after some twists and turns at the small alley. She wasted no time entering it, and immediately announced her arrival herself.

"I've come," Sandara said, not one bit minding the dark, eerie surroundings. "I did not promise you anything in return for your favor, but I clearly remember you have asked for an audience. Just so you know, I do not want to be indebted to you that's why I came. Don't even think of doing something devious. I brought my guard with me."

"Hahaha!" A cold, spine-chilling laughter filled the small space. "Such harsh, cruel words coming from a beautiful woman's lips." Hyuk jumped down from the ceiling beam. His fiery eyes watched her like a predator to a prey, tapping his chin as he appraised his upcoming meal. "So you knew it was me! Isn't it amazing? I think we've got an amazing connection. You've really changed so much, and for the better."

"We do not know each other. What nonsense are you spouting? How dare you judge me?" Sandara could feel her heart pounding so she took a step back but somehow she managed to control her voice from cracking. Raising her head with an equal authority, Sandara refused to be shaken. "Why did you ask to meet me?"

"Didn't I say it before? I have answers to your questions."

"I do not have any question." Sandara stubbornly answered."How did you know about my ability?" Sandara asked. She was not sure if Hyuk can read minds without making contact so she tried her best to focus on their exchange of words.

"So you really can read and hear thoughts just like me. I believe there are still many more magical and powerful things we have in common." Hyuk's lips curved wickedly. He has the face of an angel and his good looks were at par with Kwon Jiyong. They had the same cold look and mysterious eyes, only that Hyuk is a bit fairer than his younger brother. He was taller as well. All in all, he looks heavenly handsome but once he smirks and opens his lips, he instantly becomes the god of the underworld.

"I don't read minds for busi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter