Heeding The Doctor's Advice

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two days had passed since the incident that night. Seol was saved and had a few injuries but she was able to secure Head Mistress' gift, while the rest of Park Sandara's belongings were transferred to His Excellency's storage. 

Kwon Jiyong, the cold and ruthless man that he is, disregarded Sandara's order to lock Wol up and sent the girl instead to the courts for her punishment. If this was before, he would have long called Moo Yeon to execute the girl right then and there. But since Sandara handled the case, he was sure the woman would put up another fight and he definitely hates arguing with anyone. Well, no one really dares to argue with him except for his wife.

Meanwhile, he called for royal doctors to treat Sandara but all of them said there was nothing wrong with the lady. Kwon Jiyong of course disagreed. If she's not ill, why would she faint just like that and not wake up for so long?

Despite being uncomfortable with Doctor Lee Donghae, Kwon Jiyong had no choice but to try his service.

And it turned out, much to his surprise, the doctor was better than those from the palace.

"Manim!" Jo Sanggung cried out when she saw her lady shivering. Kwon Jiyong immediately checked Sandara's temperature and realizing she was burning even hotter than before, he asked someone to call Lee Donghae who was preparing medicines just outside.

"Once the fever subsides, she will regain consciousness soon," Doctor Lee told Kwon Jiyong after checking Sandara's state. "This doctor shall feed the medicine to Manim," When Kwon Jiyong nodded, the doctor spooned some liquid medicine and fed it to her. Kwon Jiyong kept watch, his eyes never leaving his wife's agape, pale lips. 

Actually, he wanted to be the one to feed the medicine to her but he remembered how he almost choked her to death before so he didn't dare. What if he brings more harm than help? When a drop of liquid ran down her cheeks, his observant eyes narrowed. His instincts told him to wipe it with his bare hands but Doctor Lee was a true gentleman. He took a clean cloth and dabbed the sleeping lady's cheeks with light movements. Kwon Jiyong found himself sighing in relief, but he didn't know why.

He sat there by Sandara's side the entire day, just like in the past days since she fainted, and watched over her. When everyone has left the room, he finally had the chance to properly look at her.

Indeed, he could attest, just by her long lashes and lovely defined brows, her small and pointed nose, her soft and glossy cheeks, and her little plump lips, this woman was Ara in every way, physically. Even her sweet scent reminds him of Ara, and lately it was becoming more and more appealing that it was hard for him not to be reminded of the only woman he ever loved in his long lifetime.

His heart gave a faint squeeze in his chest that he scoffed at himself.

Only thoughts of Ara could move him, and no other. He sighed as he watched the sleeping form of the woman. When beads of sweat formed on her forehead, he wiped them away. His hand found its way to move the strands of her hair away from her face, before feeling her cheeks and forehead with the back of his hand. Her fever was almost gone so why wasn't she regaining consciousness yet?

But soon, he felt her stir and her fingers started to move. He bent down a bit to listen when Sandara started to mouth words but she had no voice. Kwon Jiyong furrowed his brows, impatient and anxious. 

When Sandara finally fluttered her eyes open, she was greeted with Kwon Jiyong peering down at her with his usual cold expression, only that his dark eyebrows were knitted tightly together making him look like he was angry over something.

Sandara smiled weakly as she reached out to ease the crease between his brows with her delicate fingers, before closing her eyes and falling asleep once more.

"Why did she faint again???" Kwon Jiyong questioned when Sandara's eyes went shut once more.

"Someone, call the doctor!" He shouted and in no time, the doctor rushed in followed by Jo Sanggung. Doctor Lee Donghae checked Sandara's pulse again and he smiled in relief.

"Daegam, Manim was just very weak and needed time to gain some strength. Her body took a toll on all the past events. Let her sleep some more while feeding her this medicine and when she wakes up, please nourish her with nutritious foods to recover her energy."

Kwon Jiyong glared at Jo Sanggung. "What have you been feeding her before? Why is this woman so weak?"

Jo Sanggung bowed in apology. "Forgive this old one, Daegam! This servant shall make sure to nourish Manim's body when she wakes up!"

"And also... Daegam, if this one may speak with you privately..." Doctor Lee Donghae faced Kwon Jiyong.

Kwon Jiyong didn't like the man so he just wanted to get this over quickly. "Speak,"

"But..." the doctor hesitated a bit. Does he really want him to speak with Jo Sanggung around?

"Say it."

"Yes, Daegam. This one just wanted to remind daegam to refrain himself from asking for Manim's service in bed when she recovers. Her body is still too weak to perform her duties."

Quite taken a back, it took a while before Kwon Jiyong to react. Of course, such things were truly a husband and wife act! But since they haven't consummated the marriage yet, it was absolutely awkward.

Still, Kwon Jiyong found himself saying, "Then for how long should I let her be?"

"About a month, at the very least, Daegam."

"This lord shall remember your advice,"

To this, Jo Sanggung laughed all to herself in delight. Does that mean something already happened between her two masters? When? And how? Or if in case not, is her lord only putting on an act in front of the doctor?

She covered her lips as she smiled proudly. Seemed like her lord is putting on a good fight!

"I will have to brew some medicine in the mean time Daegam," Doctor Lee stood up and bowed, before finally leaving the room.

Kwon Jiyong stood up as well. He had to leave and go back to the Hidden Seclusion and next week he was set for a week long travel once more. He couldn't simply just sit here idly and leave his duties unattended. But his feet were heavy as he walked out of the room.

He decided to talk to Moo Yeon and have him stay at the estate and maybe have Kang Daesung come back too. 

After leaving a few more instructions, he walked out of his estate, the sight of his back heavy and somewhat lonely.

 

 

When Sandara woke up, she was greeted with Doctor Lee Donghae's warm and gentle gaze. She replied with a weak smile before looking around as if searching for someone but she only saw Jo Sanggung behind the doctor.

Was she just dreaming? She was sure she saw Kwon Jiyong watching her with furrowed brows.

She pushed herself up and Jo Sanggung was quick to help her. She closed her eyes as if trying to remember everything and when she opened her eyes, she immediately asked for Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter