The King's Rage

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since the King's royal guards must be searching far and wide for Ara, the best place to keep her was somewhere the King would never expect— the Queen's family estate. After all, who would ever imagine that the Queen would help someone who might become her rival among the King's women? This was what Lee Seungri thought of as he went on with his plan. And this was the same reason he told Park Ara to convince her. The latter didn't argue anymore though she was worrying about her family. She was about to meet them but how does she struggle against strong people? It was as if asking to die in vain.

Lee Chaerin, the Queen, should be delighted once she sees what he got for her, Lee Seungri thought. He travelled days and nights without food and rest just so not to disappoint her.

That morning, the sky was covered with thick dark clouds and the wind was cold which signaled an impending rain. The small carriage entered the premises of the estate, and stopped in front of the main hall. Lee Seungri was the first to come down, followed by Park Ara, a few Dark Den guards who accompanied them already dismounting their horses behind them. But the moment Lee Seungri stepped on the ground, he immediately noticed something was off. 

The huge gate suddenly shut behind them and none of his subordinates came down to greet him. He fastened his grip on his sword and told the remaining men around him to go around the houses and check the area. Not too long, one of his men came down from the main hall, running for his life. But before the man could even step out completely, his body shuddered, his mouth spat blood, before he fell down with his eyes open—dead!

Ara let out a shrill cry upon seeing the guard die before her. She shook violently in fear as she stepped back. Lee Seungri pulled her behind him, finally understanding the situation they were in. The elders! The Queen's parents! He worried for them. Though they were dragons themselves with powers enough to hold back an enemy with their bare hands, if not kill, the elders had always been benevolent ones, just like what a dragon should be. He doubted someone from Silla also had a bloodsword who could kill a human dragon. Still, Lee Seungri wouldn't forgive anyone who tramples on the house of Lee's. Who would dare hurt them? He unsheathed his sword and with a voice so loud, asked, "Who dared to provoke the house of Lee's? Show yourself!"

Lee Seungri signaled his men to surround the main hall but even before they could do as he said so, something heavy rolled down the stone steps. Lee Seungri's breath hitched as he was the first to make out what it was.

A head! His own father's severed head!

Lee Seungri wanted to cry out as shock washed over him but he was quick to regain his wits and immediately shielded Park Ara's view as he shut his own eyes, trying to contain his grief. Father! I will avenge you!

Who could have done it in broad daylight?

The remaining guards went forward, their swords aimed at the main hall. Lee Seungri stood rooted to his spot, still blocking Park Ara's view until the perpetrator volunteered to show himself.

"How dare you provoke me???" 

Park Ara's eyes went round in horror. That voice sent shivers down her spine. Too frightening that she even trembled harder than before. She felt Lee Seungri grip her arm tighter, moving her behind him as he stepped back until her back hit the carriage. "Save me!" She was able to say in a voice as hushed as the wind. "Please!" Tears sprang from her eyes. She was beyond terrified to even take a peek at the ruthless form before them.

"Your Majesty," Lee Seungri mumbled. How bad his idea had been! But how could this thing happen? Who would have thought that it was the King himself who would welcome them?

Lee Seungri was never aware that the King had been suspecting the Queen ever since. He didn't even know that the King was aware about Dark Den aiding the second prince in the battle. The King revealed it all himself to the Queen, didn't he? But Lee Seungri wasn't aware of these things at all.

He made all the decisions himself. He did not stick to the plan. All because he thought he knew better than the Queen. If last night, he was mad at the Queen for being so impulsive. It turned out, he had this side in him as well.

 

He glared at the vicious King whose eyes turned seprent-like, his aura emanating a killing intent without no doubt. If Lee Seungri wasn't being emotional right now, he would mock the King right there and then. What he was seeing right now cannot compare to the second prince's transformation. But the King's strength was immeasurable. That was one thing he was better than Young. If his human form could be so strong, what more when he learns to transform into an imoogi?

"Hand over that woman!" The King ordered as he glared at him, seething. Lee Seungri was in a dilemma. He was blaming Prince Young and Lady Park in his head for everything. Yet, who was it that meddled into their lives in the first place? It was the Queen's idea after all. So the Queen was also to blame.

"Where are the elders?" Lee Seungri asked, not minding if it was the King who was standing before him. He was not the polite type to begin with. "Even if you are the King, hurting an elder will make the heavens punish you! Aren't you afraid of that?"

The King just smirked as he swayed one hand swiftly towards his left, sending flames towards the direction,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter