Little Ryung's Hidden Talent

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Step aside!" Sandara's hands were shaking as her tears blurred her eyes. 

What was so wrong in seeing her own husband? 

She didn't even know where she found the courage to do such impulsive act. Her grip was weak and yet her small hand wielded a longsword, her fragile arm supported its weight. As her body trembled in overwhelming emotions, she accidentally cut the skin on the side of her neck yet still, she didn't even mind the stinging pain.

All the while, Lee Donghae wanted to interfere, his gentle eyes now full of worry. Sandara had hurt her foot earlier and now she was holding a sword carelessly. Feeling helpless, he could only try to interfere.

"Please allow this doctor to see His Excellency as well. Since he is a member of the royal family, isn't his health the most important thing at the moment?"

Moo Yeon felt tormented. What the doctor said was true. Without Choi Seunghyun and Dong Youngbae here, no one among them was knowledgeable in medicine. 

Admitting defeat, Moo Yeon stepped aside. While the kind doctor bowed gratefully to the young man, Sandara wasted no time at all. The sword fell down to the ground with a loud clank as she ran towards the building in front of her.

While Hong was left dumbstruck upon seeing His Excellency's wife for the first time, it finally sank into him how fierce the woman is. With awkward gestures, he showed her the way into His Excellency's chamber while wondering what was taking Dong Youngbae so long to come. Didn't he send hi. a letter as well?

Sandara didn't pay the man a glance as she stepped into the room. Her eyes were only searching for Kwon Jiyong, and when she found him in his four poster bed, similar to that in his estate near Hanyang, her feet felt heavier.

Taking light, shaky steps towards the unconscious form of the man who was lying on his stomach, Sandara had to cover as she choked with sobs. Suddenly, all the tears she had been suppressing since earlier streamed down her face like a deluge, her frail form shivered at the sight of her husband's pale face and mangled back. She clutched her heart, feeling so much in pain for him.

"Kwon Jiyong..." She sat on the side of the bed and touched his forehead. His fever was so high and his lips were cracked and pale while he lay in a bed which looked like a pool of blood. Wiping her tears, she looked back in search for Lee Donghae. Thankfully, the man finally entered the room with quick yet still graceful steps. He bowed to her when he reached her side but then his dainty eyes narrowed at the wound on her neck.

"Manim, your neck..." He had to restrain himself from reaching out to touch her, knowing that it was improper. But Sandara only shook her head.

"Don't mind me," she answered in a resolute manner. "Please, look after His Excellency,"

Lee Donghae realized Sandara's mind was only fixed on Kwon Jiyong. Understanding her heart despite a pang of pain that struck his own, Lee Donghae could only offer his white handkerchief and a salve to soothe her wound.

"Thank you," Sandara said before turning to Kwon Jiyong's unconscious form once more. She carelessly dabbed the piece of white cloth on her neck making her wince a bit and when Lee Donghae tried to see her wound again, she stood up and stepped aside.

"Please, start treating my husband, Doctor. I'm fine," Sandara's tone was cold yet filled with so much worry for Kwon Jiyong.

"Manim," Lee Donghae would never be able to treat the man if he only kept worrying for her. "If you could leave the room for a moment..." he bowed before her, trying to avoid her eyes. 

Seeing her lose herself earlier was already a painful sight, what more now that she was disregarding herself for Kwon Jiyong?

"Will he be fine?"

Lee Donghae smiled warmly, assuring her somehow. "I will do my best. Daegam is a strong person. Please calm your heart, Manim,"

Sandara could only nod. While Kang Daesung assisted her to leave the room, she still didn't feel like leaving. But since she understood the doctor might need some privacy in treating his patient, she turned away, looking back as she took hesitant steps while she could only leave all her trust to the doctor.

Closing the door behind her when she was out, she wiped the traces of tears on her face and sat by the stairs. Kang Daesung immediately disappeared and when he came back, he brought her some water.

"Manim, please have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter