What Makes Her So Precious?

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We've followed Kim Byungchul and observed his men's recent activities but found nothing really odd. What made you suspect him so much?" Choi Seunghyun asked as he sat across Kwon Jiyong in his study. "I mean, he's always been a suspicious man but this time, what's your basis? Even that new doctor friend of yours says the stab wounds were caused by an imoogi's claws."

"Having a traitor among the officials already imposes a threat to the kingdom. What's more threatening than a powerful, crafty old fellow? An imoogan, or worse, an imoogi. Kim Byungchul is a clever human. If he is aware of our existence, then that's a huge trouble."

"You have a point. But we really didn't see anything wrong with his activities. What if your suspicions were wrong?"

"Still, let's keep an eye on Minister Kim. If he has something to do with Sun Hae seducing the king before, then, Sun Hae probably had a grudge against him since she got punished alone. As long as Sun Hae is alive, Minister Kim has no assurance that he is safe. This is why I think Minister Kim has something to do with this. The only thing I don't understand is why he was helping the Sun's."

"To cover up for his crime?" Choi Seunghyun said. "One of the Sun's men that was caught revealed his master had been meeting someone prior to Sun Hae's escape. He said it was a noble man, very wealthy and influential. Unfortunately, he didn't see his face. They had been meeting at a high class tavern in the north and the gisaeng that served them was missing too. So there was no way to prove his identity."

"Well… Park Sandara was able to witness what really happened through the corpse's final vision. We just need to wait for her statement." Choi Seunghyun said, making Kwon Jiyong heave a sigh. Today is already the third day since she fell unconscious yet still, there was no sign she'll wake up soon.

The case itself was a huge mystery. They had been racking their brains thinking of other motives and suspects but Kwon Jiyong could only think of Minister Kim as the culprit. Even Yi Sung had been sleeping less and less while studying the case and doing his job as the king and at the same time worrying for Kim Jisoo's health since the young queen had been refusing to eat most foods and kept throwing up every now and then because of her pregnancy.

 

Skipping his meal during lunch like he used to, Kwon Jiyong decided to drop by Yi Sung's study to relay him the slow progress of the investigation but as soon as he stepped out of his residence, Zhu Yunhe showed up with four maidservants in tow, each of the four holding trays of food and tea.

"Orabeoni, I heard you haven't had lunch yet. I just came back from visiting the queen so I haven't eaten as well. Let's have a meal together!" She beamed widely at him but Kwon Jiyong remained impassive. Deep inside he wondered why Zhu Yunhe was still there and when he furrowed his brows as he thought deeply, Zhu Yunhe answered before he could even ask.

"Didn't you say I'm old enough to decide for myself? I decided to stay until winter and be guided by you. I even wrote my imperial father a letter to tell him I'll be responsible for my own!"

Kwon Jiyong finally recalled those exact words that came from him. He was in a rush to go back to Sandara's side last night that he refused to be held back and stay longer during the banquet. How could he forget everything else while worrying over Sandara?

"I'm not hungry. Go back to your chamber and eat." Kwon Jiyong said before walking away but Zhu Yunhe was insistent. Running after him, the lady pulled him back and whispered in his ear.

"I have some news for you! A letter from the borders arrived this morning but I couldn't find you!"

Kwon Jiyong immediately turned to Moo Yeon to leave an order. "Tell the King that something suddenly came up."

Moo Yeon bowed and soon disappeared. Kwon Jiyong walked back to his study with Zhu Yunhe, but just as they were about to turn right, the door to his bedchamber suddenly flung open revealing an ecstatic Jo Sanggung.

"Mama! Her Highness finally woke up!"

Kwon Jiyong quickly marched with hurried steps into the room, completely forgetting about Zhu Yunhe who could only stand there outside, frozen and stiff as Kwon Jiyong rushed to Sandara's side and clasped her hands in his. How she disliked the scene so much but Jo Sanggung who was as clever and loyal to her lady as ever, made sure to keep the door open so that the other woman could witness how worried their lord was for his wife.

"Hmp!" Jo Sanggung raised her chin at Zhu Yunhe who was still petrified to her spot. The old lady finally decided to give her master and his wife some privacy. When she shut the door and left, she then dragged Hong to a corner.

"Yah, Hong-ah! You may that Ming princess out now."

"Why me?" Hong whined. "Didn't you see His Highness was the one who brought her in?"

"Even so! Now that Her Highness is awake, I'm pretty sure His Highness will never leave this room until tomorrow!"

 

True enough, perhaps because of years and years of experience in dealing with Kwon Jiyong, Jo Sanggung's words seemed to be coming true. After assisting Sandara to her bath, Jo Sanggung finished her task and left everything to Kwon Jiyong.

Though Sandara finally gained consciousness and seemed perfectly fine, Kwon Jiyong made sure to feed her tons of medicines and a lot of tonics after her meal. Lee Donghae checked her pulse a few times more and made sure she was stable before he left and if there was one thing he couldn't seem to put into words, it was that Sandara's energy strangely radiated stronger this time. He wasn't too sure though, since touching her was already limited to begin with, what more now that Kwon Jiyong was guarding her.

Inside the room, Sandara felt helpless and frustrated with Kwon Jiyong. When she started trying to tell what she saw in her vision  back at Lee Donghae's hut, Kwon Jiyong stopped her and said that it could wait. He wanted her to rest some more before anything else and even if she told the overbearing man before her that she's over the top fine now, Kwon Jiyong just won't let her be. After being obedient for a while and accepting all the bitter liquids, Sandara felt she couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm about to puke now, you know." Sandara told him but Kwon Jiyong remained adamant. When he gave her another spoonful of the herbal tonic, Sandara directly refused and turned away, making Kwon Jiyong sigh. Sandara was somehow relieved, thinking that the iceberg finally gave up, but much to her shock, Kwon Jiyong drank the remaining liquid and cupped her face forcefully as he tilted her head, before feeding it to her using his mouth.

Sandara's eyes widened as the liquid flowed down into while his mouth latched over hers. Soon, her pale face turned flushed, while her warm lips trem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter