An Alternate Route

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Past midnight, while everyone else inside the carriage was asleep, one of Kwon Jiyong's shadow guards arrived with a message. He had his men scattered across the whole kingdom making it easy for him to receive news, thus explains the countless missives he kept reading day and night. 

Kang Seungyoon, being from a family aware of this, directly sent the King's message to Kwon Jiyong's men stationed in Andong. After reading Yi Sung's message, he ordered the guard to arrange some matters for him.

Coming from a Northern province, the trip to Busan which was on the South Eastern most part of the kingdom, would take four long days because of its mountainous path. They would have to leave the carriage and use horses at some point but Kwon Jiyong felt Sandara would be too uncomfortable having had to ride for days like that.

Fortunately, there was another option. The journey could be shortened if they would take a boat and travel via Nakdong River, so after receiving Kwon Jiyong's orders, his men immediately made reservations for him.

By day break, the group arrived at Andong, the first province in the South-East region. From there, they would have to take a riverboat which would take them to Busan in a day.

Still remembering the night when Sandara was almost abducted by an imoogan in the same place, Kwon Jiyong couldn't help but feel anxious as he stepped down the carriage but even before he could decide to tell Sandara to come out, the latter already stepped out. Sandara was about to jump off the carriage, but Kwon Jiyong was quick to hold her by her waist and swiftly carried her down, looking every inch displeased.

"Your ankle. " Kwon Jiyong glared at her before letting her go. Walking past her, Kwon Jiyong banged the window of the carriage with his fist.

"Come down or this Lord shall leave you here!" He warned, obviously at Ryung who was still sleeping inside. In no time, the poor boy came out, still yawning sleepily while rubbing his eyes. When Sandara was about to carry the boy down, Kwon Jiyong beat her to it. He lifted the boy by the lapels of his robe, before carelessly lowering him to the ground.

Poor Ryung finally was wide awake! He could only be thankful that His Excellency didn't throw him away or drop him on the ground. He immediately searched for the kind gentleman which was Doctor Lee and stuck close to him.

How ungrateful! He shouldn't have picked some medicines for that lofty, arrogant man! He can't even go near his dearest Manim anymore since His Excellency kept guarding her. Ryung wanted to cry but he had no tears. Thankfully, he still have this kind gentleman with him so he could only hug the doctor dearly.

Soon, a few of Kwon Jiyong's men arrived and greeted them. While the commander insisted on accompanying them, Kwon Jiyong refused. He didn't like attracting unnecessary attention in the first place. So they boarded quickly and left.

It didn't take long before little Ryung started getting seasick. By afternoon, the boy was already lying limply in Kwon Jiyong's arms, the latter looking very much displeased and annoyed.

Since he told the boy to come to him instead of his wife, the boy naturally ran to his arms when he was about to throw up, and retch he did on the iceberg's pristine white robes.

Meanwhile, Doctor Lee Donghae and Sandara started decocting medicine for the boy. Fuming on the side, Kwon Jiyong could only protest inwardly until his knuckles turned white, his body as stiff as a log. He sat there like an exquisite jade statue with Ryung lying dazed with a ghastly complexion in his arms.

"Manim, Daegam seems to have been holding back his temper for quite a while now." Doctor Lee faced Sandara with an anxious expression. "I think Manim should stay by his side and ease his anger."

"Let him be," Sandara looked back to see the discomfort on Kwon Jiyong's face. "He brought it upon himself,"

The doctor's delicate brows creased but soon his lips curved to an innocent, amused smile. "I didn't know Manim could be this heartless as well,"

Sandara turned to the doctor with a scowl. "Heartless? Who's heartless?"

Lee Donghae immediately shifted back to his formal and professional tone. "Forgive this one for crossing the line, Manim," The doctor bowed, his face etched with worry and regret.

But Sandara only started laughing, clutching her stomach as she watched the doctor's anxious expression.

"Doctor Lee, I didn't know you easily get scared!"

Lee Donghae could only gawk at Sandara in disbelief. Just when he was afraid he'd offended her, here she was laughing her heart out at his stupefied expression.

All the while Kwon Jiyong was watching on the sidelines with keen, hawk-like eyes. Why does seeing somebody else making that foolish woman laugh make him feel very infuriated?

How very annoying!

"Park Sandara!" he called her, his name slipping out of his lips for the first time in their married life, leaving the laughing duo dumbstruck, most especially Sandara.

Kwon Jiyong stood up and handed Ryung to doctor Lee, and when he was facing his wife, he glared at her and spoke in a clear tone, "Your servant soiled this Lord's clothes. You must take responsibility,"

And then he was gone. With his hands clasped behind him, he walked down the lower deck of the boat and went straight to the small bathroom. 

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter