Ryung Spills The Beans

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Late at night, Moo Yeon came back after staying at Doctor Lee's clinic the whole day to see if the doctor would come home but unfortunately, there was no sign of his arrival. Ryung still hadn't woke up yet and Kwon Jiyong was starting to worry already.

He only intended to introduce the boy to Choi Seunghyun and make the general take him for some observations but who would have thought something like this would happen? If Dong Youngbae was here, he could have been a great help but unfortunately, the elder had just arrived in the Dragon Realm and it would take him about a week to come back.

"What are you planning?" Choi Seunghyun asked Kwon Jiyong who had been eyeing the unconscious form of the boy intently. "Should we just kill him?"

Kwon Jiyong threw the general a deathly glare making him raise his hands in surrender. "I'm just kidding!"

Kwon Jiyong ignored Choi Seunghyun and called Moo Yeon. "Immediately, find another doctor!"

Moo Yeon immediately left and searched for a doctor. Meanwhile, Kwon Jiyong kept studying the little boy's features. Now that he finally had a proper look at him, why does he resemble someone so much? Unfortunately, he couldn't remember who particularly that someone was.

"Any news about the Dark Den members?" Kwon Jiyong asked Choi Seunghyun but the latter only shook his head.

"You almost killed Lee Chaerin. Do you think if someone from the Dark Den is still alive, they would allow you to harm her? Before you could have found her, they would have found her first. Besides, the few remaining members died centuries ago after they joined the Goryeo- Ming war. Are you still thinking this boy could be part of them?"

Kwon Jiyong nodded. "That seemed unlikely. The Dark Den had been cursed as well. You'd seen how they looked like during that war. Lee Chaerin looked cursed as well. Even if one of the clan members had survived, once they had offsprings, none of them would look like human. They should all be imoogans."

"You're right." Choi Seunghyun agreed. "Young-ah, what if you were just overthinking? What if the boy just came from a clan who has knowledge about dragon healing? What if the triggers on his memory were all coincidence? Besides, what could a this little boy do to harm you?"

Kwon Jiyong wanted to take the possibility into consideration. But why was Lee Donghae seemed so worried about the boy? Kwon Jiyong sighed in frustration. Just when he needed that damn doctor, that doctor wouldn't come!

"Young-ah... If I were you, I would just focus more on keeping a safe distance from Park Sandara." Choi Seunghyun laughed. "What to do? Summer has just started. You still have to count about two more months before autumn and you're obviously already having a hard time controlling yourself when you're with her. Let me remind you in case you forgot, you said the white celestial dragon told you that if you consummate the marriage a little too early, you might do more harm than good to her. Well... thinking about it... You might really just endanger her overall. Poor woman would have to take all your pent up desires."

Kwon Jiyong almost cursed at Choi Seunghyun but had to suppress himself. If he finds out the general was spying on them, then that would be another matter. What's with all these reminders? He was being careful as far as he knew!

"Aigoo... Even doing public display of affection..." Choi Seunghyun ticker his tongue and his words only confirmed Kwon Jiyong's suspicion. The general laughed a bit more at the latter's darkened mood but it wasn't for too long. If not for his alertness, he could have been bald by now.

Meanwhile Kwon Jiyong's whole body was still emitting smoke. He had just thrown off a huge ball of fire over the general's head and too bad he failed at aiming it perfectly.

"Whoa! Easy!" Choi Seunghyun exclaimed. He enveloped Kwon Jiyong in a brotherly hug and patted the younger imoogi on his back. Kwon Jiyong remained sullen and was about to storm out of the room when they heard the boy groan and mumble something.

"W-w-ater..."

Kwon Jiyong immediately took a cup of water and fed the boy. When Ryung finished three cups, that was the only time he looked at Kwon Jiyong.

"Y-y-our... Highness," he bowed politely, his chubby hands on his stomach. "Where are we? What are we doing here?" He asked as he looked around.

Kwon Jiyong looked at Choi Seunghyun, and when he turned to the boy, he decided to fabricate another lie.

"You fell unconscious last night. We were waiting for Doctor Lee to come back because he said he will find you a good medicine. But he hasn't come back yet."

Ryung only nodded, but his eyes lacked the interest it used to have. He looked around and bowed at General Choi. Unlike last night, surprisingly, the boy wasn't afraid of him anymore. Instead, he pointed at him and asked Kwon Jiyong.

"Your Highness, who is that annoying giant? He looks like a bully,"

Kwon Jiyong's eyes widened at the boy's words. He heard from Jo Sanggung, Kang Daesung and Moo Yeon before that this boy had a big mouth but they didn't tell him he could speak such foul words!

"Why you!" Choi Seunghyun snarled at the boy. While he was thinking of just letting the boy go earlier, he wanted ko silence him forever now. He was surprised though how easy the little rascal could make his blood boil. He was about to give the boy a good smack on the head when Kwon Jiyong wrapped Ryung up in his cloak from head to toe before carrying him in his arms.

Since the boy was already awake, he needed to take him out of the dungeon. He made sure to cover his view until they reached Jo Sanggung's room where the boy sleeps as well. It was fortunate enough he seemed to have forgotten what happened that night.

"The boy seems hungry. Make sure to give him something to eat." Kwon Jiyong ordered Jo Sanggung and the latter obeyed immediately. Soon he was feeding Ryung his meal but unlike before, it seems the boy doesn't have the appetite at all. He only kept silent and looked as if he was in deep thoughts.

The next day, Sandara was surprised to see Ryung when she stepped out of her chamber.

"Good morning, Mama!" The boy bowed deeply and Sandara immediately rushed to see him closely.

"How do you feel now? Are you alright?"

"Mhm! His Highness took care of me!"

"He did?"

"Yes, Mama. And a taller general too. Perhaps he's friends with him. I saw them when I woke up."

Sandara wondered who Ryung was pertaining to. She hadn't really seen anyone Jiyong usually talks to except for Moo Yeon or Hong. Ah! She suddenly remembered the two men she saw at Kwon Jiyong's residence before. Somehow she was sure Ryung was pertaining to the taller guy who took a closer look at her. Kwon Jiyong was still a bit more aloof and overbearing to her during that time, and perhaps that was why he didn't formally introduce them to her.

"How about Doctor Lee? I didn't know he was back from Busan already."

"I actually didn't see Doctor Lee, Mama. His Excellency only told me he went out to get me some medicine but thankfully I woke up already."

Sandara furrowed her brows. The doctor always comes prepared unless the medicine needed was something rare and hard to find. Just how difficult it is to cure a child's headache?

Just whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter