Petty and Unpredictable

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wasn't sure if Kwon Jiyong decided not to take her with him because of his somewhat irritable mood yesterday, or simply because he really was not going to make her come with him to meet with the two princes to begin with. Still, Sandara could not help but wonder what the three would talk about so seriously that Kwon Jiyong had to leave so early.

When breakfast was being served, Sandara continued to observe the servants inside the estate. Head Mistress sat beside her while she confirmed what her husband said that these people were all spies when she purposely touched one lady. Heck she even discovered the woman mistreated Ryung yesterday while they were away. Sandara scoffed as the lady served her some tea. She had the audacity to act proper in front of her after she refused to give Ryung some food yesterday!

When Seol took her spoon to check the tea and dishes on the table for poison, Sandara stopped her.

"Put it down." Sandara coldly said as she motioned her hand and Seol immediately obeyed. Eyeing the Ming servant, Sandara glared at her before gesturing to her the food on the table.

"Go ahead. Try it."

"Y-y-our Highness…"

"What are you so afraid of? It's not like there's poison in these, right?"

The servant could only do as she was told and tasted the food one by one. "Your Highness, everything's alright. You may have your meal now."

"Really? Why thank you for checking my people's food!" Sandara's tone was full of sarcasm. Before the Ming servant understood what she meant, Sandara already called Ryung, Seol, and Byeol to eat with her and Head Mistress.

"Come all of you! Eat with me. Who knows if you are being properly fed and treated while I'm away?" Sandara's voice was loud and clear which made the Ming maid servants look at each other. How could she care so much for that little servant boy? And why does it seem as if she knew what happened while she was away?

Meanwhile Ryung walked by the Ming ladies with a loud 'hmp!' while crossing his arms. Sandara couldn't help but adore his cute little ways so she carried him and made him sit on her lap. "Don't worry, Ryung-ah. I'm going to feed you so well!"

"Mama… You shouldn't spoil the kid too much." Head Mistress suddenly interrupted. "Please let him eat on his own."

"It's alright, Head Mistress. Don't worry." Sandara smiled at him before feeding Ryung some more.

"Mama, who is that ahjumma?" Ryung whispered while glaring at the lady whose face was hidden behind her huge hat covered with a dark veil. "How could she eat like that? How insolent!"

Sandara chuckled and pinched the little boy's cheek as if scolding him. "Yah… That's my mentor! You have to be good to her alright? She's kind of strict, but I owe her a lot of things."

Ryung eyed the woman from head to toe before scrunching his face. "If you say so."

 

When Kwon Jiyong came back, they all immediately boarded the carriages. While she stayed with her husband, Head Mistress bade goodbye for a personal trip leaving Seol and Byeol in her care. The two young servants boarded another carriage with Ryung. While Hong and Moo Yeon were on their horses followed by a few guards. Kwon Jiyong was confident they would be safe on their way home since he received Choi Seunghyun's message a few days ago that he will be waiting for them at the borders so there was no need for him to shift and fly back to Joseon.

Inside the carriage, Kwon Jiyong silently sat on the side while reading some books. Sandara on the other hand fumbled into her small bag and handed her husband a piece of note.

"Here…" She said in a small voice, afraid she might disturb him. "I wrote down everything I saw and heard when we went downtown. I also wrote down everything I found out in your estate in the Imperial City."

Kwon Jiyong lowered his book and read Sandara's note carefully. While he was quite aware of the people and places they've encountered during their brief outing downtown, Kwon Jiyong was surprised that Sandara had been observing everyone inside his estate while he was away.

The servants had been mistreating Ryung? Kwon Jiyong scoffed in amusement but his smirk slowly faded as he read on.

Sandara recorded a lot of the servants' names whom she found out had gone out of the estate from time to time. She also found one who rummaged through her things and exceptionally returned everything in its place. One even inspected their carriage. Had she not gone around pretending to accidentally touch everyone, she wouldn't have found out as much!

However, Kwon Jiyong's face only turned as dark and grim as a brewing storm. If Sandara found out so much, did she eventually touch every single Ming person at his estate? Kwon Jiyong mentally counted just how many male and female servants there were and checked the names on the paper.

Meanwhile Sandara's brows were arched confidently, while her lips flashed a smug grin. Hah! She's accomplished so much in just a day. He should be proud of her!

"Tell me you didn't touch any of those male servants back there!"

Sandara almost jumped out of the carriage in surprise. Just what is this imoogi so mad about now! When she only kept looking back at him with a confused expression, Kwon Jiyong's lips thinned as he scowled at her in displease. "Answer me!"

"If I didn't do that, do you think I would be able to find out all these things? Your Highness, you better send that to Zhu Yunwei now so he can observe these people. That way, you both can have a picture of what's really going on inside the emperor's mind"

"I said my support goes to Yunqi!"

"Then why are you working with Yunwei too?"

"You're calling that person on a first name basis?"

"I am. Why not? You're secret allies. Your friends are my friends too—"

"NO!"

Sandara was taken aback at Kwon Jiyong's outburst. When was the last time he shouted at her like that?

Huffing like a spoiled child, Sandara crossed her arms and opened the window on her side. She felt like she was going to pass out from anger anytime soon. How dare he shout at her!

"Close that window! You'll be cold!" Kwon Jiyong ordered but Sandara only glared at him before shouting at the coachmen.

"Halt! I'm going to the other carriage!" Before Kwon Jiyong could even process what she said, Sandara had long fled out of their carriage and boarded the other behind theirs where Ryung, Seol, and Byeol were.

Meanwhile, Moo Yeon was about to rush to Kwon Jiyong to check the matter when Hong stopped him with a smile as calm as ever.

"Don't." He told the man while shaking his head. "If you don't want to suffer, stay quiet and let them be."

"But His Highness—"

"Aigoo, hyungnim… You really have no knowledge about marital matters. I pity you. I might get married before you do." Hong sighed as he patted Moo Yeon's shoulder before kicking his horse and going ahead.

Moo Yeon could only stare at nothingness. Does Hong have someone he fancies already? Why didn't he know about it?

"Yah! You little dimwit! Come here! How dare you keep a secret from me!"

 

____________________

 

"Jeonha," Park Wonhee arrived with a report from the North. "Daewongun Mama and his troops crossed the borders safely. General Choi was there to assist them."

"Very well." Yi Sung was relieved to have heard about the news. However, what he saw a few nights ago kept bothering him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter