A Help From A Stranger

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Your Majesty, Lady Park is here,"


The King, Hyuk, grinned from ear to ear as he drank the wine in his cup. He didn't have to give his permission, he didn't even wait for the servants awaiting by the door to open it for the lady. He only waved his hand and soon, the doors flung open revealing the lady whom his brother loved so well.


"Come in," he calmly ordered and the lady stepped in, guided by two maidservants. "Leave us alone. And don't let anyone come near my palace until I order so."


The sound of the door closing behind startled Ara and the silence that separated her and the King chilled her to the bone. She kept her head bowed, her hands clasped together as she stood frozen to her spot.


"Come,"


The king said. It was brief and restrained yet it sounded more than a command. It was more of a threat to her. She mustered up her courage and spoke. "Greetings, Your Majesty. Please forgive my insolence but as far as I know, I have no reason to be here."


The King nodded as he put the teacup back on the table. "You might not have a reason yet, but I believe you'll soon have one."


"I have not committed any mistake worthy for me to be abducted by the royal guards."


"Abducted? Hahahaha!" Hyuk's laughter enveloped the whole room. "But you have, woman. You have committed a very big mistake."


Ara slowly raised her head and saw the King was already sauntering towards her, his gaze piercing into her. She bowed her head once more and shut her eyes to avoid his gaze. The King just smirked as he lowered himself so he could see her, as if her fear was entertaining him.


"And you will stay here until you find that out and make it up to me,"


Ara slowly opened her eyes when she sensed the King was not in front of her anymore. She saw him retreat to his seat and pick up his spoon.


"Come and eat with me." Hyuk told her without even looking at her.


"I'm still full, Your Majesty."


"Then just sit here with me while I finish my meal."


"Why are you doing this—"


"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST FOLLOW WHAT I AM TELLING YOU TO DO???!!!"


Ara was beyond horrified when Hyuk shouted at her in a booming voice that rivaled the rolling thunder outside. Her body trembled in fear as her eyes met Hyuk's fierce glare. She stiffened, her body not even cooperating while her mind was telling her to drop down to her knees and ask for forgiveness.


Hyuk must have sensed her fear. He quickly stood up and Ara, finally, was able to kneel down.


"F-f-orgive me, Your M-m-ajesty!" she stuttered as she apologized while the king lowered himself before her and slowly lifted her chin up so that they're face to face.


"Don't be afraid of me," The King told her but that just even made her more frightened. "Look at that. Such beauty..." Hyuk said as he marvelled at her face. "But you're willing to dedicate your life to my useless brother. What a waste,"


Ara tried to move away and avoid the King but the latter even held her face tightly. "I can give you more than what Young could offer."


"I don't need anything else, Your Majesty," she answered, firm to her resolve. The king tilted his head in disapproval.


"I'll still accept you if you change your mind,"


"Why are you doing this, Your Majesty?"


"Because I can. I'm the King now, remember?"


"Is that why you want to become the King? To make your brother's life miserable?"


Hyuk smirked. "Hmm... That and, perhaps, a little bit more. I told you, there's a reason why you're here. I'm glad you really caught up quickly."


"How could you do that to your own brother? His Highness has always been so kind-hearted. He didn't even dream for the throne."


"That's where you got it all wrong, woman. Because as long as he's alive, he's bound to take what's mine. But I will not let that happen. Before he could even claim everything, I'm going to claim his everything first,"


"Your Majesty..." Ara tried to pull away but the King was effortlessly strong. "Please don't be like this. Please..."


"I believe we're on the same page now. And you will have to stay here so I can show you off as my new concubine when my dear brother comes back from the war. That is, if he'll still make it back alive."


"No, please! Let me go! Let me go!" Ara was trying to fight back but to no avail. Hyuk was impossibly strong and there is no way she could escape from him. Tears started to prick her eyes as she uttered for Young's name in her head over and over again, calling for him and asking for help.


The King succeeded in pushing her onto the bed and Ara just shut her eyes and crossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter