Facing Her Wrath

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the entire course of their discussion, Hong felt really sorry for his Lady despite the resolute and dignified stance she was showing them. Hong was even sure Doctor Lee found it strange to see her stutter every now and then, and at times space out and then look confused.

Hong started guarding Sandara just recently yet he really liked her for his Lord. For him, Sandara had the charm and elegance of a royalty, a sense of compassion for the commoners, and the sharp mind of a wiseman. Well, her tongue was just as sharp but wasn't it her smart mouth that made her defeat His Highness a couple of times before? For a guard like Hong, and he knew, for Han Sanggung and everyone else in the household, their Manim's arrival was a blessing. It was as if Kwon Jiyong's power was split into two, making their stay with the man more bearable.

But how come their Lord had done such a terrible thing? Even Hong was convinced Kwon Jiyong insensitively broke their Lady's heart that he felt really disappointed with him.

So despite Lee Donghae's strong refusal and reminders, Hong finally agreed with Sandara that they should have a drink. Curse that lofty iceberg and his arrogance! How could he hurt their Manim? If he would be asked, he would never ever want the lady of the house of Kwon to be replaced by that Ming princess, even if that meant he would lose his high-paying job!

Meanwhile, it was already past midnight when Kwon Jiyong finally finished his tasks. He was someone who never looked forward to having some rest but at the moment, his footsteps were rushed towards his chambers. Probably, because he was aware there was someone waiting for him inside. But just as he arrived at his residence, he realized Hong wasn't at his post. Anxious that something wrong might have happened, Kwon Jiyong quickly went up and searched for Sandara only to find his bedchamber empty. Rushing out to find her, Kwon Jiyong's anger flared at the sight that greeted him.

Out there, walking leisurely in between two men while laughing her heart out, Sandara was having the time of her life. While Hong already forgot where and who he was and treated Sandara like an older sister, Lee Donghae was sober and kept guiding the two, even swatting Hong's hand away everytime the guard would put it around Sandara's shoulders.

"Impudence! Who do you think you're touching?" Kwon Jiyong immediately attacked Hong as he took Sandara into his arms, sending the poor guard flying across the courtyard. The force was so great that even Lee Donghae who was only standing close by stumbled and fell.

"Uh? Hong dongsaeng! Are you that drunk? Yah, Lee Donghae? I didn't see you drink even one sip. How could you be more drunk than I am?" Sandara, who was obviously under the effect of alcohol pointed and laughed at the two.

"Daewongun Mama, please forgive us. I tried to stop them but—" Lee Donghae's attempt to explain was silenced when Kwon Jiyong's voice erupted.

"Foolish woman! Who gave you the permission to drink???" Kwon Jiyong angrily growled making Sandara turn around to look up at him.

"Your Highness?" Sandara touched his face but soon laughed at her own silliness. "Pfft! How could that be possible? I forgot, Kwon Jiyong, that bastard, was still probably at Yunhe gongju's chamber."

Kwon Jiyong was at a loss for words upon hearing Sandara curse at him loud and clear. When he finally regained his wits and was about to scold her, Sandara squinted her eyes on him and inched closer. "You look familiar though. Why do you look like my cold and overbearing husband? Do you know Daewongun? Like His Majesty's uncle? He's just as good looking as you but he's very insensitive."

"Park Sandara, I'm your husband! At least show some propriety!"

"I hate you," Sandara retorted, making Kwon Jiyong and everyone else stiff. "Scram!" Sandara pushed him away before turning once more to Lee Donghae. "Doctor, why must you kick me out of your room. Now the fun's all gone! Come, let's have some more wine!"

"Mama, please calm down. You're already very drunk." Lee Donghae said but Hong was also too drunk to even find his sense of reason.

"Come, Mama! Let's drink some more!"

"Someone!" Kwon Jiyong's voice filled the entire estate that soon, a flock of soldiers arrived out of nowhere. "Take Hong to prison and lock him up!"

"Then we'll drink in the prison. Lee Donghae, you come with us too!" Sandara grabbed Lee Donghae's arm and was about to follow Hong but Kwon Jiyong was quick to pull her back to him once more.

"Don't touch me!" Sandara struggled to break free but Kwon Jiyong was effortlessly stronger. Just as he was about to carry Sandara, Zhu Yunhe suddenly appeared behind them.

"So this was what the commotion was all about. Your official consort seems to be enjoying throwing a fit like a little spoiled brat." Zhu Yunhe said as he walked towards Kwon Jiyong.

"Go back to your room," Kwon Jiyong coldly retorted and Sandara used this chance to break free from Kwon Jiyong's grip.

"Come with me, orabeoni. I need to talk to you,"

Sandara scoffed and looked away. Talk? Really? What's there to talk about at this time of the night? Sandara felt her skin prickle in irritation. She had been trying to keep her cool for so long but ever since this woman arrived, she had been ridiculing her all along. How dare she seduce her husband in front of her?

"It's late. I'll see you tomorrow." Kwon Jiyong retorted, making Sandara even more furious. How dare these two speak of such things in front of her? Do they think she was an idiot?<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter