One Step Closer

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sandara was ecstatic at the news. Kwon Jiyong explained later on that he learned from Kang Daesung that Head Mistress sent a letter for him when the carriage returned from Busan. Kang Daesung tried to find him at the Hidden Seclusion but after learning he was away, he decided to keep the letter. When Sandara asked him where the Hidden Seclusion is, Kwon Jiyong realized he talked too comfortably that he had a slip of tongue.

But Sandara knew that Kwon Jiyong wasn't ready to reveal everything to her in one go. She knew what he showed him was only a small fraction of the entire piece, and the remaining parts could be harder to explain. When Kwon Jiyong didn't answer her question about the Hidden Seclusion, Sandara decided not to pry anymore.

Meanwhile, a report came in informing Kwon Jiyong that elder Dong wasn't able to come to Hwanghae because of the situation at the Hidden Seclusion. The imoogi they have saved before and taken care of was attacked by an imoogan who was able to break free from its cell. Close to a dozen guards died at the encounter, and while the imoogi seemed to be in a critical condition, the imoogan was able to escape.

Kwon Jiyong immediately sent more of his men to aid elder Dong. Since Choi Seunghyun was also away, he also wrote a message to him and asked him to immediately go back and stay by elder Dong's side.

While they can exterminate these wild imoogans, imoogis on the other hand had to be taken back to the realm alive. They only kept a few imoogans for observation and study purposes. As time goes by, their numbers had been decreasing while lately, the savage imoogans had been multiplying in numbers and behaving even wilder than before.

Wasting no time the next daybreak, Kwon Jiyong, Sandara and Doctor Lee Donghae and Ryung traveled down South. Kang Daesung was ordered to go back to the estate in Hanyang while Moo Yeon and Hong hadn't been seen since the day Kwon Jiyong rose from his bed. 

Sandara still felt remorseful towards Moo Yeon and unfamiliar towards Hong but she still couldn't help but wonder about them. When they left the estate and the two still didn't show up, a terrifying hunch crossed her mind.

Kwon Jiyong didn't murder them, didn't he?

While she didn't know why Lee Donghae and Ryung were allowed by Kwon Jiyong to tag along, she was somehow sure Kwon Jiyong's mood was so much better today. He sat up straight on the other side of the carriage since he couldn't lean back yet because of his wounds, while he would glance at her from time to time while reading reports. 

Kwon Jiyong seemed to be satisfied with what Sandara was wearing. Since he ruined her hanbok, he went downtown with Kang Daesung when Sandara was having her afternoon nap yesterday. He bought her two sets and much to Sandara's surprise, it fit her really well.

Kwon Jiyong was very proud of himself. He didn't need a measuring tool when he ordered for alterations. After holding her in his arms for a few times now, it was enough for him to memorize her curves.

Noticing his arrogant smirk, Sandara eyed him as she shifted on her seat. What was this iceberg thinking?

"Uncomfortable?" Kwon Jiyong asked as he flipped another scroll open. He must have felt Sandara's unease.

"No! Not at all!" Sandara waved her hand dismissively. But actually, she had been waiting for him to speak to her again about his thoughts and how he knew she could read minds. And more than that, she was wondering if he was some sort of a deity or a a superhuman blessed with amazing strength and healing power.

But she was too embarrassed to ask. Whenever she would try to yesterday, scenes of how he healed her bare body that night in Andong would made her blush profusely, just like now.

Still preoccupied with her thoughts, Sandara didn't notice Kwon Jiyong had already set the reports aside and scooted closer to her. When she lifted her head to look his way once more, she was surprised to see he was already seated in the middle couch, only an arm away from her. 

"Come," he said, inviting her to sit beside him and she willingly obliged.

"What's troubling you?" Kwon Jiyong asked when she was already beside him.

Sandara hesitated for a moment but after a deep sigh, she spoke to him honestly. "Daegam... I... I was wondering how you knew I can read minds."

Kwon Jiyong raised his brows with an arrogant air. "I've long suspected your ability, and yesterday I just tried to see if my hunch was right,"

Sandara glared at him. What if she didn't have that special ability? Would he still reveal those things to her? She doubted it. This trickster!

"What's with that look?"

"What if your hunch was wrong? What if I couldn't hear your thoughts or read what's in your mind? Would you still try to talk and explain things to me?"

Kwon Jiyong pondered for a while, his eyes squinting at her while his handsome brows furrowed. "I was planning on telling you when we're back home but since you can't wait..." Kwon Jiyong took a deep breath before going on, "I'll explain it to you, one at a time as we travel."

Sandara nodded, satisfied at his answer. "Then can I ask you a question now?"

"Hmm."

"Are you a deity?" Sandara blurted out making Kwon Jiyong laugh.

"No, silly." Kwon Jiyong tapped the tip of her nose but Sandara only gazed at him with a foolish, dazed expression. Somehow, she felt that after the recent series of events, she became one step closer to him. How many more steps does she need to take?

Ah, it doesn't matter right now, she foolishly thought. Kwon Jiyong just laughed and remained smiling at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter