On The Way To Gyeongju

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The journey to Gyeongju was long and tiring. It's been hours eversince they set out this morning, and Park Sandara was still bouncing with so much energy.

She's finally going home! Well, that was not really the purpose of the trip but maybe she can ask Kwon Jiyong if she could drop by after the event.

For their convenience and safety, Kwon Jiyong brought along Moo Yeon and a few more guards while Sandara only took Seol with her since she worried the long trip might wear Jo Sanggung out. Of course the old lady put up a good fight for her position but when Kwon Jiyong tasked her to oversee the entire household along with Kang Daesung, she couldn't retort anymore. Moo Yeon and the rest were on their horses while outside the carriage, Seol sat beside the coachman.

Meanwhile, the iceberg was seated comfortably to the other side of the huge carriage that could rival that of the King's. Sandara wondered if the man ever felt his bottom numbed for being seated so long without any body movement except for his long fingers flipping the page of the book and his eyes reading each character with utmost seriousness.

Sandara just shrugged. She was going to be an obedient and good wife today and on the following days so that she could ask her husband about visiting her parents. She moved the curtains aside and stuck her head out a bit, enjoying the cool spring breeze.

"What else did the Queen tell you?"

Kwon Jiyong finally broke his silence. When Sandara turned to him, he was still reading.

Sandara thought for a moment. Should she tell him or not? Well actually, the Queen kept mum till the end about the issue and didn't answer why the Chief State Minister hurt her. Yesterday, Kwon Jiyong could just warn Kim Jisoo that if this happens again, Minister Kim would be punished accordingly for humiliating and hurting a member of the royal family. Of course the King kept silent and followed his uncle's words while Kim Jisoo kept apologizing.

But the truth is, Sandara already know everything after going into Kim Jisoo's thoughts. She hated Minister Kim before for what he did to her during the morning assembly, what more now that she learned about the horrendous things he was making her daughter do? If she was to say it now, how would she explain it? She doesn't even have any evidence to prove her claims. For sure, Kwon Jiyong will not believe her.

"Nothing... The Queen didn't tell me anything," she abruptly looked out of the window again, afraid that Kwon Jiyong might look at her and notice she was lying.

"About Wol..."

Sandara looked at him again when he mentioned the girl. Why suddenly bring her up?

"She was sentenced to death by hanging,"

"Ah..." Sandara's stomach churned. Of course she hated the girl but she felt bad at how a life could suddenly be wasted just like that.

"How did you know she was going to lure you and trap you inside your storage room before setting up the fire?"

Sandara stiffened at the sudden question. Why was he bringing this up now? He didn't question her before!

"She was acting strange that day," Sandara started... Damn it. Then what??? She felt Kwon Jiyong suddenly shift in his seat and fix his gaze at her attentively.

"Then?"

"By afternoon... She told me someone was inside the storage. That there's a thief. But I thought that was impossible so I told my servant to see it for me,"

"Wearing your clothes?"

Sandara bit her lip, running out of excuses to say. "Because I was already suspecting Wol." Sandara said. 

"And?" Kwon Jiyong wasn't going to let her go easily today, she felt it. The iceberg even folded his arms over his chest and watched her with so much interest. Despite her window being open, she felt really suffocated. They were inside a carriage and she has no escape!

"Daegam," She finally was able to come up with something. She even leaned over as if about to whisper a secret. "Do you know that I was born with a talent to read faces? I can see Wol's face was full of hate against me." She said before going back to her seat. 

"So this talent made you rule out your plan perfectly?"

"Of course!" Sandara even slammed the tea table in between them but deep inside she was praying that Kwon Jiyong would drop the topic already.

"Why you really must be so talented for you to even know that that servant was having forbidden emotions for your husband."

Sandara's jaw dropped once more. He knew that too??? "Why...Y-y-es... That's called a woman's instinct!" Sandara shrunk in her seat. Somehow she felt that Kwon Jiyong won't stop interrogating even if she begs on her knees.

"Then what about that day you freaked out telling Jo Sanggung to stop thinking dirty things about us?"

Sandara felt the bones in her jaw were locked after gawking at him with every questions he threw at her. 

"I heard you. I was still outside when you cried out," Kwon Jiyong answered as if hearing her thoughts. But of course what he said wasn't true at all. He read all the letters she wrote, including that part when she said her innocence was gone. Kwon Jiyong fought hard to suppress his grin but it was hard when he was enjoying her discomfort so much.

Blushing all hues of red, Sandara cupped her heated cheeks as the same dirty images she was avoiding suddenly flashed in her head again. She squirmed uncomfortably in her seat.

"It's because... It's because..." Sandara ran out of words to say. Should she tell it to him now? Should she just admit that she was gifted with the ability to read minds? Just when she was about to confess everything to him, Kwon Jiyong spoke once more.

"Don't worry," Kwon Jiyong opened the book he was reading again and turned his focus to it. "I'll tell Jo Sanggung to stop assuming things between us," Kwon Jiyong said, finally confirming his suspicions about her. He would try testing her soon as well, just to be sure, but as for now, he'd let her go. He worried she might catch a fever if her face continued to burn.

But somehow, his words left a pang of hurt in Sandara's heart. He'll tell Jo Sanggung to stop assuming things between them... So does that mean Jo Sanggung was wrong when she said His E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter