Last Farewell

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hyungnim..." Young bowed before his brother. "I'm here."

"Always too eager, my dear brother." The crown prince sat down down their father's throne, a place he had long been wanting to claim even when the king was still alive. He was the rightful heir anyway, and while he and his supporters have been eyeing his younger brother a threat to the throne, Young has no interest in it. Not a tiny bit.

"I want to see father," Young announced.

"Name at least one valid reason for me to let you in,"

"I am his son too"

"Invalid."

"Hyungnim..."

"Another."

Young hesitated a bit, something held him back to state it but after gathering his courage, he went on. He wanted to be honest and perhaps, he thought, if the crown prince sees his good intention, he might get rewarded to meet his father.

"I wanted to leave this place." He said, earning his brother's interest. "I want to get married and live somewhere far from here. I want to ask for His Majesty's permission."

"Ha!" The crown prince scoffed at him. "Ha ha ha!"

"Hyungnim,"

"You are quite clever, brother. You wanted to ask for a favor while our father is in his sick bed. You want him to easily agree with you, do you not?"

"That's not what I want! I just—"

"May I know who the woman is?" The crown prince asked. Young lowered his head and let her name slip off his tongue.

"Park Ara."

"Park Ara..." The Crown Prince's face turned stern and dark. He straightened up and leaned back on the throne. "I see. I guess the rumors going around were true then. You have been meeting her for a while."

"Yes."

"I am not sure if father would allow your marriage though. The Park's clan fell down from nobility. I hope you remember why and how his family suffered after her father betrayed His Majesty.The only thing that keeps her and the few remining members here in the capital is that they were still true bones after all ."

"I still believe the former adviser was not guilty,"
The crown prince shrugged. "Well, what do you expect from a half breed? I am quite disappointed. You seem to lean more to your human side."

"Hyungnim..."

"You are marrying a human who is not even in a noble class. Do you know the harm you're bringing to her?"

"I am aware of what her family had to go through because of us and I will not let her go through any pain anymore. That's why I'm taking her with me. I might not be as much powerful as you are, but I will be responsible for her."

"So easy for you to say that." The crown prince scoffed and looked away, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth. "I see, everyone must be on your side then. General Choi. The elders. Envoy Dong. Even the clan who is now our enemy, entrusted their lady to you. It must feel good to have everyone's approval."

"I only need His Majesty's consent."

"Is that so? But to get that, you have to get mine first, don't you think so?"

"If that's the only way to for me to be able to meet His Majesty then tell me what to do, hyungnim."

"You see," the crown prince walked down the throne. "Father told me to teach you well and I am more than willing to oblige," he smiled as he went closer to him. "And I will teach you how to be strong. To be tough. This world is a very dangerous place for us, Young-ah, especially for a half blood like you."

Young swallowed hard at his older brother's words. Not that he couldn't take the insult, instead he was thankful his mother's name wasn't mentioned. Not that he was scared for himself, but he was scared for the Park's welfare. If his insistence to marry Ara would bring another devastation the said family, he will never be able to forgive himself. "What do you want me to do, hyungnim?"

The crown prince smirked at his innocence. "Show me your loyalty to our kingdom before I give you my permission to see His Majesty. Drive away the Northern force and protect our territory. Lead the war, and come home to show our father your victory."

 

----------------------

 

"You're leaving?" His lover asked him in so much worry. They met at their usual spot on the hill, a place that gives them a good view of the capital.

"That... That was too sudden..."

"Yes," Young pursed his lips and looked ahead. "Goguryeo is strong and our troops are having a hard time driving them away. Look at what happened to His Majesty."

"Were you able to see him?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter