The Half Blood Prince

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With hands clutched with each other, two young lovers watched the setting of the sun, their hearts overflowing with hope.

"I will ask father for his blessing as soon as he comes back," the young lad said as he turned to his left where the beautiful young maiden was. "Then we will send your house the marriage proposal. Then we'll get engaged. Then..."

"Please, don't get ahead of yourself so much, Your Highness," the lady smiled timidly. "We both know this is not the best time to get married. The nation is currently dealing with war. The kingdom is not in a very favorable situation either. For the royal family to hold such a celebration..."

"The people will be enraged?"

"Yes," The lady bowed and looked away. When she heard the lad sigh deeply, she turned to him once more, trying to force a smile. "There isn't going to be any problem though, if we wait for a bit longer, Your Highness,"

"I just don't want to put you in a very difficult situation anymore," he breathed. "The moment your father knew about us, your mother as well... Then the whole village where you live in... The moment a few people recognized me whenever we were together, that has put you through a lot already. I just cannot let you go through all the malicious rumors anymore."

"Please do not be burdened by it, Your Highness. Please do not concern yourself over such petty things."

"It concerns you that is why it is not such a petty thing. I am always worried about you,"

"I am fine." She smiled at him assuringly. "You look for me in the crowd whenever you pass by and smile my way. You know that alone is enough for me," she felt him squeeze her hands in his.

"Then for me, it's different," he said, making her bunch her brows in wonder. He squinted his eyes at her before pulling her to him for a hug. "Whenever you give your smile to other people, men or women, or even children... I feel like I am being robbed." 

She chuckled at his words. "I did not know you are this greedy,  Your Highness,"

"I am making you aware now," he retorted. "So be prepared. As soon as father comes back, I will be letting him know about my plans. And I will be asking your hand for marriage."

"Can I ask you a favor, Your Highness?" She asked and he nodded so eagerly without any hesitation.

"I wish to leave this place. I wish we could live away from the capital. I do not want to live under the roof of my clan and be a puppet. My parents have lost everything they worked hard for and it was hard seeing them still trying their best to protect me from being used by them since the political conflict went out of control. I do not want to put their sacrifice to nothing."

The prince touched her face and  eased her scrunched up brows. He smiled afterwards. "Are you going to accept this marriage because you only want to escape from your clan? Are you just using me?"

Her eyes went round like saucers and she immediately bowed down to kneel before him but before she could even bend her knees, he was quick to pull her to him into a warm embrace. "Never kneel before me, nor hide that face from me."

"Forgive me, Your Highness. Please forget those favors I was asking! Forgive me for having the audacity to-"

"We're leaving as soon as I get my father's blessing."

She pulled away and scanned his face. "Your Highness..."

"Your wish is my wish as well. I wish to live in peace... With you."

"Oh, Your Highness!" Overjoyed, she wrapped her hands around his neck and hugged him even tighter.

"Coming from someone who told me not to hurry, don't you think you look too eager to marry me?" the prince chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness," she shyly pulled away but he wrapped an arm around her tiny waist and pulled her to him once more.

"I love you," his voice cracked as he murmured those words. "I will protect you with all my life and make you the happiest woman in the world."


-----------------------

 

"OPEN THE GATES! THE KING AND HIS TROOPS HAVE ARRIVED!"

Rushing down the palace grounds, the queen, accompanied by the crown prince and crown princess, clasped her hands in anxiety. A woman's instinct never goes wrong, and as soon as she caught a glimpse of the man being helped down from the carriage, her heart skipped a beat, and not too long, the crown princess was shouting, calling for the attention of the royal doctors.


"Your majesty!" The queen bawled her hearts out, broken, upon seeing the King in such a state never she had imagined he would be in. "Your majesty!" was her last words before she lost all her energy and fell down the stone cold floor.

"Take my mother to her room!" The crown prince ordered them and soon they were being escorted out of the palace grounds and into their chamber. The crown prince i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter