Official

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Several months went by since Woohyun and Jasmine declared their "relationship". Much has toned down by then and soon people didn't think of the incident any longer. It was like Hyun Bin and Song Hye Kyo or Yong Junhyung and Goo Hara. They were big news at first but soon, the fans got used to the fact.

Since the news had already died down, Woohyun didn't have to go on fake dates with Jasmine anymore, to prove their relationship. They were already arranging for the release of their "breakup", which Woohyun could not wait for.

The Infinite members grew more and more popular, especially with the release of the variety show: Sesame Player.

The Infinite boys had much fun running away from their manager hyungs, and had a much needed rest. Some of them earned several titles, like Dongwoo the iest (for his y when he was sleeping) and L the weirdest (Honestly he was a little cranky when the weather was hot).

With their rising popularity, the Infinite boys soon moved on to their next comeback with their full length album and title track, "Be mine". Even though Yoomi wasn't on talking terms with Woohyun since he still thought she was the one who had taken that scandalous photo, she still went to everyone of their performances to give the Infinite boys support.

On September the first, Yoomi was seen at Mnet Countdown's backstage again, with her specially made sandwiches. SHINee had accompanied her for the first few times, cause they wanted to see some female artistes backstage, but soon grew bored of the fangirl chants which they already had to bear with at school.

Onew faithfully accompanied Yoomi whenever she went, since he thought it was rather dangerous for her to be thrown in a sea of enthusiastic fangirls. He was rather good friends with the Infinite members, but he always chose to wait for Yoomi outside of the waiting room cause Woohyun's glares weren't that easy to ignore.

Yoomi bounced into the waiting room and gave her sandwiches to the Infinite boys. "Eat well, oppas! And make the crowd scream!" she pumped her fist in the air.

Hoya chuckled and ruffled her hair. "We will, Yoomi." he assured with a smile. "Thanks for the sandwiches. You don't have to do this everytime."

Yoomi shrugged. "I want to." she said sincerely.

Sungyeol and Dongwoo hugged each other and stuck their cheeks together, facing her. "AWWW Yoomi's so niceeee~" they cooed. "Yoomi will you BE MINEEEE???" they started dancing and singing their title track.

Yoomi laughed as she clutched her tummy, while Hoya gave the two boys a glare. "Yah." he growled. "Yoomi isn't going to be yours. You two aren't good enough. If there's anyone good enough for her, it's got to be the one waiting for her outside now."

Woohyun scowled at what Hoya said, while the other ignorant Infinite members cheered. "AWWW SO CUTEEE!!" Sungjong squealed.

Yoomi turned red and slapped Hoya's arm. "Hoya oppa!" she hissed.

Just at that instant, the door opened to reveal the very guy they were talking about. Yoomi turned redder as Onew smiled awkwardly at the group. He turned to Yoomi and gave her that special sweet, soft smile he reserved only for her. "It's starting soon. We've got to get into the audience seats."

Yoomi nodded and waved to her Infinite oppas, giving them one last cheer. They left, leaving a whole gang of spirited singers. "I always feel like I'm going to perform better when Yoomi comes." Sunggyu muttered.

Woohyun rolled his eyes, while he looked at the sandwich on his hand. He sighed heavily and put it away. *Damn that freaking couple to come every single time to ruin my mood.*




"And the winner for September 1st 2011 Mnet Countdown is...." The MC cheered. "INFINITE'S BE MINE!!!"

The Infinite members gasped and some of them let out a cry of happiness. This was what they were waiting for. They wanted to be international singers who brought glory to South Korea.

This was a recognition of their efforts. A reward for their time. A gift for their passion.

And this was just the first step yet.

There were still so many other awards to be won. But the first award would always remain the freshest in their minds.

Even Sunggyu the normally strict leader let out a cry and tears flooded his eyes. The members were so touched as they received the #1 trophy and hugged together. It was a memorable moment for them and the Inspirits.

Down the stage, Yoomi was also crying. She was so happy that her Infinite oppas had finally received their first win. She knew that although they didn't show it, but they were really wanting a win. They had debuted not so long ago, and the competition in the kpop industry was stiff. New groups were popping out every now and then, and the Infinite members had to train hard so that the public had nothing to say about their skills.

She smiled up at them, proud to witness this moment.

Onew, on the other hand, watched her tears with a sinking heart. The joy on her face was unmistakable. Was she really that happy because Infinite won? It wasn't that Onew was a sadist or whatsoever, but the reason for Yoomi's happiness...was it because of Woohyun?

Onew wasn't exactly sure of himself. They weren't officially dating yet, and they were just in a trial relationship. She hasn't given him an answer, though he caught her staring dreamily for a few times. But he knew very well Woohyun had been in her heart for so long, it was difficult to forget.

*Has she not forgotten Woohyun?* he thought sadly. Without letting her know, he slipped out of the crowd to clear his mind. What was he going to do if she rejects him in the end? He couldn't bear it, he loves her so much.

The picture of her smiling face with tears of happiness was imprinted in his mind. *It must be because of Woohyun.* he thought, depressed.

Yoomi on the other hand, suddenly found herself alone in the crowd that was going mad. She looked around and didn't see Onew anywhere, causing a nagging worry to grow at the pits of her stomach. She immediately discarded her lightsticks and ran around the building, looking for him.

After a few minute search, she found him staring blanking out at the night scene, at the corner of the corridor where the vending machine was located. "Jinki oppa?" she approached him slowly.

Onew jumped, startled, He turned to face her with a surprised look, but the sadness in his eyes was so evident. "Yoomi." he nodded. Yoomi frowned at him. "What are you doing here, Jinki oppa? You suddenly disappeared without telling me. Did you know Infinite won today?" she beamed.

"Yeah of course." Onew looked away. "You must be happy."

"Of course I am." Yoomi started frowning when she saw the pained expression on his face. She touched his arm lightly, but Onew jerked away, to her surprise. "Oppa.." she gasped.

Onew swallowed, forcing himself to keep his voice steady. "Of course you're happy, Yoomi." he croaked. "You must be happy Woohyun finally won. He tried so hard, didn't he? You told me you liked him because he was determined in pursuing his dream and you found that charmi-"

"What are you talking about, Jinki oppa?" she blinked, confused. "Why are you talking about Woohyun oppa all of a sudden?"

Onew forced herself to meet her eyes. "Don't you still love him?" he asked. "That's why you were crying for joy, for him then."

Yoomi stared at him for a while before giggling. Onew could only gape at her, bewildered. "I wasn't the only one crying, Jinki oppa. There were many Inspirits crying too, and though they may say they love the Infinite oppas, that love isn't exactly one you feel romantically for someone you date."

"It's not?" Onew found himself taking a step closer to her.

Yoomi giggled lightly. "It's because they were proud that their idol oppas finally accomplished something. And that was why I cried too. Because Infinite oppas finally achieved their first win after so much effort." she whispered. "Not because of Woohyun oppa."

"It's not?" Onew found himself repeated as he leaned nearer to her.

Yoomi met his eyes with a shy smile. "I may have loved Woohyun oppa for a long time, but now it's different." she bit her lips hesitantly, her cheeks growing pink. "I love you, Jinki oppa."

Without warning, Onew tilted her head up, for her to meet his lips. One of his hands caressed her cheek softly while the other rested at the nape of her neck, pushing her nearer to him. There was explosions everywhere, bursting in him, as he felt those soft lips of hers kissing him back timidly.

*She loves me.* he smiled into the kiss. *I love her, and she loves me. SHE LOVES ME!*

He backed her up to the vending machine and continued attacking her lips with soft sweet kisses. There wasn't any need to explain what they were feeling right now. His touches and hers spoke volumes of their love for each other.

Finally, they were officially in love.




While the new found couple was busy immersing themselves in their passionate activity, another guy slowly retreated behind the wall. Woohyun clutched his heart painfully as he closed his eyes, trying to erase what he just saw.

His right hand was across his chest, grabbing his shirt in his fist, while his left was holding the Mnet trophy.

In his happiness for the win, he had forgotten about his hate for her. He had forgotten about her relationship with Onew. He had forgotten about how he was supposed to remain cool and suave.

He grabbed the trophy and ran out to the audience, searching for her. He wanted to take a photo with her with his first accomplishment. He wanted to take the photo with her first, before anyone else. The Infinite members had all been protesting when he snatched the trophy away.

As he retreated back to the Infinite waiting room, an unfamiliar ache attacked his heart. He felt immeasurable pain in his chest, and he desperately wanted to scream it all out.

*Nam Woohyun. What the hell is happening to you.*