Woohyun: the bully

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Woohyun was pleased.

He was pleased that Hoya didn't talk to Yoomi anymore. At least not that he knew of. He didn't know that Hoya went to Yoomi's house in the night and exchanged calls with her everyday, and they were still very much best friends.

But he didn't need to know that. He was pleased.

Woohyun was pleased.

The number of fangirl and love letters were increasing every day.

He even had a special box to keep those admiring letters to him. He read them when he had time, savouring the feeling of being crushed on, of being liked, of being the centre of attention.

Woohyun was pleased.

Not only was he the most soughted guy in school, beating all the Infinite members, his girlfriend was also the most soughted girl in school. Lee Jina, her name was almost as known as Nam Woohyun. Her beauty known far wide and there were always fanboys waiting for her outside the school.

She was a y little thing, seductive, and her figure was something that all men dreamed of.

He loved the envious looks he got when he led Jina out of school everyday, holding her waist close to him and nuzzling her cheek.

But Woohyun could never be pleased for long. He had the fame and attention he wanted, but it wasn't going to last for a long time. Sooner or later, the people would get immuned to the fact that the kingka and queenka are going out. Sooner or later they're going just watch them walk around smooching and not feel anything.

He wanted fame. He loved it. He wanted more attention.

"Woohyun sshi?" a skinny girl with freckles and large glasses came up to him. She smiled shyly. "Hi Woohyun sshi."

Woohyun raised his brows at her. "Do I...know you?" he asked politely.

The girl's smile fell a little. "Ah..I'm in your Math class." she notified. "My name is Park Sujin." She searched his face anxiously to see if he did have any recollection of her.

He had none. He faked a smile however. "Oh Sujin, yes I remember." he pretended to smile. "What's up?"

Sujin seemed to buy that he really knew her. She fiddled with the pink envelope in her hands. "I know you've got Jina unnie already..." her eyes darted to Jina who was resting her chin on Woohyun's shoulder. "But I just want to tell you that your really cool and I admire you a lot. That's all."

Woohyun smiled and took the letter from her. "Thank you." he said politely.

Sujin seemed pleased with his reaction and bounced away.

Woohyun turned and saw Jina looking at him with raised brows. "What's wrong Nana?" he cooed. Jina rolled her eyes. "You're so nice Woohyun." she retorted.

Woohyun looked at her. "Why am I getting the feeling that it's a bad thing you're talking about?"

A few guys came into view. They were Jina's friends, boyfriends of her girl friends. "It isn't a bad thing Woohyun." a guy called Soohyun shrugged. "But it's just not cool."

Woohyun's eyes widened. He hadn't thought of it that way.

"You know," another one of the guys called Kevin continued. "If you were a little...meaner? More evil, more cold, more intimidating, you'll be cooler and more popular than now. People will give way to you when you pass not only because they love you but because they respect you."

Woohyun tapped his chin, contemplating. "What do you want me to do?"

...

"Sujin?" Woohyun approached Sujin with a smile. Sujin's eyes widened, seeing her crush approach her. Her heart thumped loudly and she rubbed her eyes to make sure it really was Woohyun.

"Woohyun sshi?" she gasped.

The other students in the class were surprised to see Woohyun approach a loser like her. "Is something the matter, Woohyun sshi?" Sujin asked in a small voice, not daring to look at her.

"Well.. nothing much, but..." Woohyun smirked.

A familiar pink envelope landed on Sujin's table. Sujin recognized it as the love letter she passed to him in the morning and gasped. "I don't need your love." he declared loudly. "Although, I quote: I've loved you since the first time I saw you Woohyun. You're amazing!" he used his falsetto voice to imitate what she wrote.

"I don't need love from junk like you." Woohyun stated coldly, and strode out of the classroom. Once out, he high-fived with Jina and kissed her in front of Sujin.

Sujin choked and ran out of the class, grabbing the letter with her.

The other students looked at Woohyun in awe. "Wow Woohyun oppa that was soooooo cooollll!!!" the girls screamed. Woohyun smirked smugly. *This attention feels good.*




"What the hell were you doing, Nam Woohyun?" Sunggyu demanded when they went to practice. He made sure the manager wasn't around cause they couldn't afford to let them the management know they had team problems.

"How can you hurt that girl like that?" Sunggyu growled. "You should be indebted to her for her to give her heart to you, and you just embarrassed her in front of everyone. You're a bastard Woohyun."

L nodded. "You're acting like a silly bully, Woohyun hyung. It's disgusting."

"Do I need you to tell me how to act?" Woohyun asked, rolling his eyes. "I do what I want to, you can't make me stop."

"But you're being a jerk now!" Hoya roared. "First you abandon Yoomi. You betrayed her and you suddenly decide she isn't worthy of your friendship. And now, you go around acting like a bully, thinking you're the greatest thing in the world. You're horrible, Nam Woohyun."

"So?" Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Girls like me. They like badass guys like me. The meaner the guy, the more girls he'll attract. You're just jealous."

"Jealous?" Dongwoo snorted. "The guy's gone mad."

Woohyun shrugged. "Aren't you guys going to practice?" he asked like nothing was wrong. "Manager hyung's going to get angry! And hey Sunggyu hyung, aren't you the leader? Start practice now!"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. *Bastard.*




Yoomi couldn't believe her ears when she heard what happened to Sujin. She couldn't imagine Woohyun doing that. Rejecting her in front of everyone? That's...cruel.

She even raced to see Suhin and ask her about it. When Sujin tearfully nodded, Yoomi felt like her heart was ripped into pieces.


13 September 2008

Dear Diary,

I have no idea what is happening to Woohyun oppa anymore. He's becoming scarier and scarier.

I really want to take that bad Woohyun away. I want to find that good Woohyun in him again. I want to make him return, that Woohyun that everyone loved.

Woohyun oppa, I really love you. But why must you change?