His Favourite Bestie

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Yoomi stepped out of her house and blinked in surprise. Hoya wasn't there waiting for her.

Hoya was normally earlier than her, and it was rare that he was late.

Yoomi checked the time and frowned. *I'm not early. Why isn't Hoya Oppa out yet?* she thought curiously. She shrugged, thinking that it may just be because he took longer tying his shoelaces today.

It was until Lazy Bum Woohyun came down in his uniform did it seem weird to her. "Woohyun Oppa.." Yoomi frowned. "Even you're down already, and Hoya Oppa isn't. Do you think something is wrong?"

Woohyun nodded thoughtfully. "Hmm it seems so- HEY! What did you mean by that!" he pouted. Yoomi stuck her tongue out playfully. "You're the latest out of us three, don't you dare deny it."

"Yeah yeah. I plead guilty." Woohyun put his hands up. He grabbed Yoomi's wrist naturally and pulled her with him. "Let's ask Mrs Lee where Hoya is."




Yoomi puffed her cheeks as she twirled her pen with her fingers. It was the last period of the day, and Yoomi was still worried about Hoya's health. He had skipped school that day because he was down with fever and flu. He looked pale and drowsy when Yoomi and Woohyun went into his room to see him earlier that morning, but he assured them he was fine.

*Fine my foot.* Yoomi thought as the bell rang. *I think he looks rather weak. Too bad Hoya Oppa's sick. We can't go to the movies today then.*

She packed her stuff, preparing to go, when a shadow was casted above her. Yoomi blinked up in surprise, only to find Woohyun grinning down at her. "Ready to go?" he asked cheekily.

Yoomi's eyes rounded. "Wow you're fast today, Woohyun Oppa." she teased. "I thought I had to wait for you, never thought you'd be faster than me."

Woohyun poked her forehead. "Yah yah is that the way you're supposed to talk to your Oppa? Hmm?" he chided gently. He took her hand and led her out, ignoring the jealous gazes of the other girls around them.

"Let's have some best friend bonding time today." Woohyun announced happily. "The two of us!"

Yoomi looked at him curiously. "But what about Hoya Oppa? He's our best friend too.." she started.

"He'll survive with Battlefield at home." Woohyun waved her concerns away. He eyed her. "Why? Do you prefer spending time with Hoya more than me?"

"NOO!!" Yoomi waved her hands about frantically. "Of course not!"

Woohyun grinned satisfied. "I thought so." he took her hand again and led her out of the school. "It's been a long time since we spent time together, just the two of us. Since Hoya can't join us today, let's forget him for the moment and just enjoy ourselves!"

The nagging feeling of abandoning Hoya at home by himself soon disappeared when Woohyun smiled brightly at her. Yoomi nodded and tagged along while he brought her to the arcade near their school.

Woohyun paid for the both of them and they had a basketball competition. Yoomi puffed her cheeks in concentration and closed one eye for better aiming. She used all her strength and threw the basketball at the net...

Only to have it hit the ring and bounce off.

Yoomi pouted. "Why doesn't my ball go into the ring at all?" she whined cutely.

Woohyun looked over at her score and over to his own, and laughed. "Seriously Yoomi? 37-3?" he asked. "It's a miracle how you got those 3 points in the first place." he teased.

"Yah meanie!" Yoomi hit his arm lightly. "It's not me! It's just that the balls.. don't like me." she finished lamely.

Woohyun shook his head in amusement. "You're such a dork Yoomi ah." he poked her forehead. He went behind her and grabbed both of her hands, guiding her to grab another ball.

Yoomi's eyes widened in surprise. "What are you doing, Woohyun Oppa?" it came out as a squeak as she felt Woohyun's chest on her back.

"Teaching you how to shoot a basketball, duh." Woohyun smirked. "I can't have my best friend embarrassing me with those skills of hers during Physical Education lessons."

Yoomi her lips nervously as Woohyun instructed her on how to get the ball in. She found herself unable to concentrate and his words seemed like greek to her. She swallowed. *What's happening to me? Why am I feeling like this when Woohyun Oppa is close to me?*

"So, one, two, three! And you shoot!" Woohyun guided Yoomi's hands and threw the ball. It went into the loop easily, scoring three points.

Yoomi whooped and cheered. "Yay!!! It went in!" she celebrated.

Woohyun laughed and ruffled her hair. "Now your turn to do it yourself." he gave her another ball. "Remember what I told you."

Yoomi stared at the ball in her hands. *What he told me? But I didn't hear anything at all!* she puffed her cheeks and threw the ball, hoping miraculously, it would get in. Which of course it didn't.

Woohyun was laughing at her again when it happening. "Aigoo Yoomi what am I going to do with you?" he asked affectionately. "You're such a fail at basketball!"

Yoomi sulked as she played with her fingers. She just wasn't very well equiped with the sporty genes and she knew it very well.

Woohyun saw her cute pouting face and pinched her cheek. He bent down to her eye level and made an aegyo face. "Awww is my favorite bestie angry now?" he cooed.

Yoomi blinked at him. "Favorite...bestie?" she echoed.

Woohyun nodded and gave her a wink. "Don't tell Hoya." he whispered. "But out of you two, you're my favorite Bestie."

Yoomi blushed pink while Woohyun went on to the next machine to play racing cars. A smile was definitely imprinted on her face.

 


28 February 2002

Today was a happy day.

I know I'm being bad here, because Hoya Oppa was sick. But because he was sick, Woohyun Oppa and i had some times to ourselves, just like when we were seven.

I didn't know, but I missed being with Woohyun Oppa. I like how he pays attention to me only, and not tease me in front of Hoya Oppa.

He told me that I was his favorite Bestie today.

I don't know why I'm this happy, but I just know that he's my favorite Bestie too.

 

 

THE PRESENT

"Yah. I shouldn't have seen this scene." Hoya covered his eyes.

Dongwoo patted his dear rapper husband's head. "Awww now you know you're neither of their favourite besties?"

"Hey they knew each other before I came alright!" Hoya defended.

The rest of them kept teasing Hoya about not being the favorite bestie. Hoya shrugged and glanced at Woohyun. "Well at least now I'm her favourite Bestie." he announced proudly.

Woohyun's eyes flickered with irritation. "What?"

"Of course I am." Hoya smirked. "You can't be her favourite bestie after being so mean to her!"

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Who cares. I don't want to be her favorite bestie anyway." he muttered.

The rest of Infinite just looked at each other. *It seems he still needs some reminders on how a jerk he is becoming.* Hoya thought.

 

---

Hi people! I'm here with a new fic again!

Junhyung's Model = DEVIL'S SLAVE

I'll start it after My Boyfriend's IQ < 50 is finished. See you there!