His absence

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"Good Morning Yoomi!" Hoya beamed.

Yoomi grinned and skipped towards him. "Good morning Hoya Oppa." she looked around and frowned. "Woohyun isn't ready yet?" she puffed her cheeks.

Hoya scoffed. "I bet he's still sleeping!" he frowned. He met Yoomi's eyes and grinned slyly. "Want to wake the almighty Nam Woohyun up?" he suggested.

...

Just as they expected, Woohyun was still snoring loudly on bed. His alarm went off for the nth time and he just slept through the noise. Amazing, really.

Hoya smirked and gestured for Yoomi to follow behind him. He switched the alarm off and watched Woohyun for a while. Good, he was still deeply DEEPLYYYYYY asleep.

"Do it." Hoya whispered.

Yoomi stiffled a giggle and brought out her megaphone. She took a deep breath, and..

"OH MY GOSH!!! It's SNSD! KYAAAHHH!!! I can't believe it! Hi Jessica! Hi Taeyeon! Seohyun Saranghaeyo! And oh my god it's Secret and T-ara and 2NE1 too! KYAAAAA~~~~" she screamed.

Woohyun immediately bolted upright. "SNSD? Secret? 2NE1?" he looked around and rubbed his eyes.

Hoya and Yoomi burst into laughter, clutching their tummies. "HAHAHA Woohyun Hyung you're such a fail! Why would SNSD come here?"

Woohyun puffed his cheeks and sent them a glare. "Yah both of you are ganging up on me!" he whined. "I shouldn't have let you two become friends two years ago!"

Yoomi giggled and pulled him off the bed. "We're still best friends Woohyun Oppa." she beamed sweetly. "Get up soon or we'll be late for school!"

Muttering about cheating his feelings and his ideal girl types, Woohyun trudged into the bathroom to get freshened up for school.




As they started to grow up, the students became more and more aware of how important physical appearances were. Yoomi was a rare one that didn't. She kept her nerdy specs and didn't bother to dress up. Not that it bothered, Woohyun and Hoya though. They still treated her as a great friend.

However, other girls in school didn't think so.

That day after school, Yoomi was going off to find Woohyun and Hoya as usual. She stopped in surprise when five girls appeared in front of her, blocking her way.

Yoomi blinked. It was seven of the girls in her class that liked Woohyun and Hoya a lot. "Hey you." Joyi narrowed her eyes at Yoomi. "Stop. We have some things to say."

Yoomi swallowed. "What things?"

"You." Riko growled. "You're the that keeps bothering Hoya and Woohyun Oppa!"

"But they're my best frie-" Yoomi started.

"Shut up!" Joy snapped. "Why would Woohyun Oppa and Hoya Oppa be best friends with you? You're such a dork and nerd! They're too good to be your friends! You're not worthy of them!"

Yoomi bit her lip. "But-"

"No buts." Xia snarled and pushed Yoomi on the ground. Yoomi screamed in pain when Xia stepped on her ankle hard. "This is a warning, Shin Yoomi. Don't stay too close to our Oppas. You're a disgrace."

"STOP IT!" Yoomi screamed, tears trickling down her face. "You don't have the right to tell me to do anything!"

Di and Saem met eyes. "She doesn't get it, does she?" Di smirked.

She bent down till she was eye level with Yoomi. "." she whispered dangerously. "You're going to pay."

Yoomi's eyes rounded as her head was whipped to the side with the sudden slap. Her cheeks were tingling in pain and her vision blurred with the tears that clouded her eyes.

*Why are they targeting me?* she thought. *Just because I'm friends with Woohyun Oppa and Hoya Oppa? But they choose to be friends with me, not like I forced them or anything!*

Another slap hit her and she bit her lips in pain. "Woohyun Oppa." she whispered.

Jooyi cackled. "Did you hear what she said?" she asked. "She obviously hasn't learnt her lesson girls. What did you think, that Woohyun Oppa will come and save you?"

Yoomi squeezed her eyes shut, hoping for someone to save her from this mess. Particularly a certain Oppa she was so attached to.

She bit her lips till they bled, keeping her screams in. "Woohyun Oppa..." she cried.

"!" slaps and kicks rained on her, while Yoomi crouched down on the floor trying to shield herself frfom the attacks.

*If only...if only Woohyun Oppa would come and save me from this.* she thought bitterly.

...

The doors burst opened, revealing a utterly furious Hoya. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" he roared.

The girls looked horrified. "We weren't doing anything, Hoya Oppa!" Saem shrieked.

Hoya growled and pushed his way through to Yoomi. He tilted her face up and inspected her face. He flinched when he saw her red swollen cheeks from the numerous slaps. "." he cursed.

He glared at the rest of the girls. "Because I go by that rule of not hitting girls, I'm letting you off today." he snarled. "But if you do anything to Yoomi again, I'll see to it personally that you don't dare to step out of your house without a mask to cover your face."

The girls shuddered in fear and ran out of the classroom.

Hoya looked down at Yoomi and softened. He crouched infront of her. "Get on." he told her gently. "Oppa will carry you home. We have to get you fixed."

Yoomi climbed onto his back and cried on his shoulder. She noted that his back wasn't as warm and comforting as Woohyun's. "Thanks for coming to save me, Hoya Oppa." she mumbled softly.

Hoya smiled softly. "Anything for my bestie."

Yoomi bit her lip as her eyes darted around. "Hoya Oppa..."

"Hmm?" Hoya responded.

"Where..." Yoomi pursed her lips. "Where's Woohyun Oppa?"

Hoya's eyes flickered with something Yoomi wasn't able to identify. "He..." he answered slowly. "He said he's going to be staying back to coach Soyi in studying."

"Soyi?" Yoomi blinked.

Hoya nodded. "Yoon Soyi from his class."

"Oh. Yoon Soyi." Yoomi didn't know why her heart sank when she heard the name of the most beautiful girl in school.


2 February 2002

Dear Diary,

Today the girls in my class hit me because I'm best friends with Woohyun and Hoya Oppa. It was terrible. I felt like I was so vulnerable in front of them, like they could do absolutely anything to me.

I was so afraid.

And then Hoya Oppa turned up to save me. Thank God for him, I'm so glad he came in time.

I know it's a little ungrateful for me to say this. But at that moment when those doors burst opened to reveal Hoya Oppa, I hoped it was Woohyun Oppa.

Yoon Soyi must be so lucky to have Woohyun Oppa coach her math. Even if it was only for an hour.