MV female lead

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

"So that's where you went with the trophy?" Sunggyu asked with raised brows, his expression curious but somewhat teasing. "We haven't even gotten our group photo and you run off with the trophy...to take a photo with Yoomi?"

Woohyun looked away, red in the face.

"Okay. I so didn't expect that." Sunggyu fanned himself. "You. Yoomi. You. YOU!" he looked Woohyun up and down like he was some sort of specimen that obviously disgusted the hell out of the choding.

"Why did you do that?" L probed. "I can't even count the number of times you told us you hated her. And when we have our first memorable win, the first person in your mind to share the joy with was her."

Woohyun bit his lip, his eyes blur. "I..have no idea what I was doing."

"Aww come on! That excuse is outdated already!" Sungjong blew on his bangs, irritated. "Can't you find some other reasons except that one? Damn... It must be true when they say your imagination deteriorates when you grow old."

"I'm not old!" Woohyun snapped, annoyed. He looked around at their curious faces. "I really don't know. I didn't even know what I was thinking. When we had that win, the first thing that came into my mine when I was one stage was her. I swear I can't even control my mind! My eyes were just searching for her in the crowd involuntarily! I must have been possessed!"

Hoya smirked. "You sound....like some lovestruck fool in a fanfic."

"What the hell is a fanfic?" Woohyun rolled his eyes. "And no. It's just a spur of the moment. I don't love her. It's ridiculous."

"Oh really?" Hoya continued, completely enjoying the confused look on Woohyun's face. "You said you hated her, but from the very beginning, you already developed feelings for Yoomi. You were just blinded by fame and glory to realize it. No wonder you hated Onew so much even when we were in Middle School. It's because you were J.E.A.L.O.U.S!"

Woohyun growled, his face red. "I WASN'T!" the Infinite members rolled their eyes at him. "I SWEAR! I'm NOT in love with Yoomi!"

"NANANANA we can't hear you~~~" they started covering their ears with their hands in an irritating manner. Woohyun let out a frustrated sigh. *I don't love her! ... right?*

 




The "Be Mine" promotions were coming to an end. Infinite's full length album was a success and they were currently actively preparing for their repackaged track, "Paradise."

The dance and lyrics were all done, and the members had already done their part practicing for the big thing. They had recorded the song and the costumes were already designed. They just needed to film the music video and they were done.

But one thing was missing....the music video's female lead.

The director couldn't find anyone that fit. The company initially asked Jasmine Lee, Woohyun's "girlfriend' for the role. But the director didn't like her.

He wanted someone who was innocent looking, pure, but at the same time, could depict deep emotions of sadness. After all, the song was one of leaving someone you loved, and you couldn't have those cute bubbly SNSD girls coming onto set. Not like Woollim could afford them anyway.

He already held two rounds of auditions, but none of the girls fitted with what he wanted. If this goes on, the repackaged album release date would have to be postponed.

The Infinite members were worried, but all they could do was just keep practicing their dance till it was perfect for the comeback. They were honestly a little irritated with the picky director, but the CEO had already told them that the filming couldn't be delayed, and if the director still didn't choose, it was going to be Jasmine Lee.

Yoomi was there in the Woollim's practice room once again, with food and encouragement. The Infinite members brightened up when they saw her, more because of food then her presence nowadays. She hadn't the time to make them dishes because of school, so she bought them sushi from the nearby supermarket.

The hungry members attacked the food ravenously, like they hadn't eaten in days. Yoomi giggled at their hungry faces, giving them tissues to wipe their mouths. Hoya looked at her curiously. "Is Onew outside? He can come in, you know. He doesn't have to wait outside everytime."

"Really?" Yoomi asked slowly, glancing unsurely at Woohyun. Hoya gave her an encouraging nod, and Yoomi bounced off to ask Onew in.

To her surprise, she saw Onew talking to an Ahjusshi. "Yoomi!" Onew smiled and waved her over. He beamed at the Ahjusshi as he brought Yoomi closer. "This is my girlfriend I was talking about. Yoomi, this is Director Lee."

"Annyeonghaseyo." Yoomi bowed. She looked curiously at them.

"Director Lee is the director for Infinite's newest music video. He was saying he was still in search of a female lead. And I told him if it were up to me, my girlfriend should be the female lead in every mv, except she would have to face so many boybands." Onew made a face.

Yoomi giggled and hit his arm. She smiled at the director. "I'm sure  you'll find your female lead soon." she encouraged. The Director looked at her with interest, and nodded, the sides of his lips twitching up in a smile.

"Oh, why did you come to find me?" Onew asked her. Yoomi blinked. "Oh! Hoya oppa said you can come in too. He doesn't want you to wait outside everytime."

"You two are going to the Infinite's practice room too?" the Director suddenly spoke. "Good. Let's go there together. I have to tell them about the mv's storyline."

The trio walked into the practice room and the Infinite members immediately rose to greet the director respectfully. The director nodded sternly at them, gesturing to continue with their break.

Yoomi beamed at Onew and fed him one sushi, and Onew laughed, taking it in his mouth. He smiled fondly at Yoomi, fixing her bangs. Woohyun, who was sitting at the other end of the room, glared at them fiercely. *What public display of affections. Don't they know to be shameful?* he thought.

Yoomi felt an intense glare and turned to look at Woohyun. Her face fell when she saw how he loathed her, and she lowered her gaze to the floor. Memories of his betrayal and how he treated her surfaced in her mind, and a tear involuntarily leaked.

She wiped it away quickly before Onew could notice, and beamed at him when he fed her a piece of sashimi. Onew missed the short display of sadness, but Director Lee didn't.

At first, he was attracted to how pretty and innocent Yoomi was. But he wasn't sure he this happy girl could portray a heartbrokened woman, until he saw that sadness in her face. Clearly, her happiness wasn't all that she felt. This girl had gone through a lot in the past, and this deep mysterious sadness was just what he was looking for.

Director Lee stood up abruptly and pointed to Yoomi. "You, You're going to be the female lead in Paradise MV."


 

10 September 2011

Dear Diary,

I think I'm dreaming! Director Lee asked me to be the female lead of Infinite's Paradise MV!

I'm not even pretty and I can't act, but he insisted that I be the one. I'm so shocked, honestly! I pinched my cheeks a dozen times to make sure I wasn't dreaming! Jinki oppa had to hold my hands back to prevent me from abusing my cheeks.

Jinki oppa encouraged me to go. He said even though I wasn't a nerd now, I still didn't mix around much and kept to myself except for with SHINee and Infinite. He said this was a great chance for me to get exposed to more people and more things.

I think I shall go for it. But will Woohyun oppa like it? I don't think I like him that way anymore,  but he had been one of my bestest friends ever. I still want his support if I'm going to do this.

I hope one day, Woohyun oppa and I can still be friends.