Hoya

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

PRESENT

Sunggyu nudged Woohyun who had been watching the happenings of his life when he was seven. "Why? Finally remember how you two met?"

Woohyun shot a glare at the leader. "I never forgot alright?"

Sungyeol twisted his lips wistfully. "I like seeing Hyung when he's young. He's so cute and innocent! Makes me want to pinch his cheeks!!" he cooed and tried to pinch Woohyun's cheeks.

"Yah want to die?" Woohyun asked.

"You were such a great friend to Yoomi in the past." Sungjong commented.

Woohyun shrugged. "That was before she changed." Dongwoo gave him a look. "Is she the one who changed or are you the one?" he asked.

Woohyun opened his mouth to speak but Hoya cut him off. "Yah pay attention!" he chided. "I'm appearing next! All of you will be blown away by how cute the young Hoya looks!"

The rest of Infinite rolled their eyes and waited for the next memory to start playing.


 

 

Two years passed in a blink of an eye. Yoomi and Woohyun soon established that they were best friends and went everywhere together, doing everything together.

They were now in the third year of elementary school. They were at an age where school was all fun with friends and homework didn't matter. (sighs when I think of those days)

Woohyun and Yoomi were walking home together one day, when they stopped outside their house. The house beside Yoomi's was originally occupied by a single working woman, but she recently got married and moved in with her husband.

Now, there was a moving truck parked in the driveway and workers were unloading stuff into the house. "New neighbors!" Woohyun exclaimed. "We have new neighbors Yoomi ah!"

Yoomi nodded and stared into the house curiously, her large brown orbs shining. "Do you think our new neighbors have children?" Yoomi asked. "Children our age?"

Woohyun rubbed his neck. "I hope?" he responded. "I hope they'll have a son the same age as us that can play battlefield with me."

"I can play with you too Woohyun Oppa!" Yoomi huffed.

Woohyun tapped her nose, a habit that formed throughout the two years. "Yea yea. You always lose, it's no fun playing with you when I know I'll win."

"Hey!" Yoomi pouted.

Woohyun laughed and pinched her cheek. "Arraso arraso." he peeked into the house. "But I still wonder what are new neighbors are like."

Their questions were soon answered when a boy that looked their age came out of the house. "Appa where did you put my skateboar-" he faltered when he saw the two of them gazing into his house curiously.

Yoomi reddened while Woohyun waved. "Hi!"

The boy approached them cautiously. "Yes?"

"We're your new neighbors!" Woohyun beamed. "I'm Woohyun and this is Yoomi. She stays next to you while I stay next to her."

"Oh." a hesitant smile appeared on the boy's face. "I'm Lee Howon. You can call me Hoya."

"Ho. Ya?" Yoomi blinked.

Hoya rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. "My parents just called me that from young." he shrugged. "You can call me that, I guess."

"How old are you?" Woohyun narrowed his eyes and scrutinized Hoya from top to toe. He looked a little too serious to be nine years old, a little too cool and a little too emotionless.

"And do you play battlefield?" he added.

"I'm nine." Hoya told him. "And yes I play a little."

"Oh really?" Woohyun's face lit up. "We're nine too! So let's be friends!!!!"

"O-Kay?" Hoya answered hesitantly, a little astounded by Woohyun's chirpiness.

"So." an air of cockiness suddenly surrounded Woohyun. "What level are you on battle field?" he asked.

"Sixty seven." Hoya replied.

"Damn!" Woohyun frowned. "I'm on sixty six!" he looked at Hoya. "I challenge you to a battle someday!"

(A/N: I have no idea how battlefield works so.. Yea. I made things up)

He glanced over at Yoomi. "It's no fun playing with Yoomi since I know I'll win anyway." he teased.

Yoomi reddened. "Hey." she puffed her cheeks. Woohyun raised a brow at her. "You're being weird." he commented. "You're not punching my arm for teasing you? Are you shy because Hoya's here? Awww Yoomi's shy!"

Yoomi turned red. "NAM WOOHYUN!!!!" she yelled.

Woohyun chuckled and ran while Yoomi chased after him. The guy was faster without doubt, and Yoomi was having a tough time closing the distance.

All of a sudden, Yoomi tripped over her laces and fell on the soft grass. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt.

A hand appeared in front of her and she looked up curiously. Hoya was looking down at her with a half amused half concerned expression.

Yoomi smiled a little and took his hand while he helped her up. Woohyun ran over. "Ohmygahd Yoomi ah are you okay?" he cooed.

Yoomi laughed and nodded. "I'm fine Woohyun Oppa." she glanced at Hoya. "And thanks. Hoya."

Hoya broke into a small smile as he nodded.


 

29 June 2000

Dear Diary,

We have a new neighbor. He's called Hoya. But I think his name is really weird, isn't it a flower? A guy named after a flower is...weird.

I think Woohyun oppa and him seem to click quite well. But I'm not really sure if I can trust him. I mean, we just met.

But he seems nice. Nice enough for me to give him a chance.

I guess I can try being friends with him. Besides Woohyun Oppa, he's the second nicest guy I've met.

Woohyun Oppa will forever be my number one!