Woohyun's first girlfriend

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Yoomi stayed up late at night in her bed, her gaze never leaving her window.

 

*Maybe Woohyun Oppa will climb in here and we'll have a midnight chat.* she thought. She realised that Woohyun didn't climb through her window to talk to her that often now.

In fact, he never did these days.

She couldn't help it, but the fact that Woohyun was spending a lot of time with Yoon Soyi bugged her a lot. She took her phone from her bedside table and sent him a simple message.

To: Woohyun Oppa

Oppa are you asleep?

His reply came almost immediately.

To: Yoomi Bestie

Why aren't you asleep yet Yoomi ah? I thought you weren't a late sleeper?
Oppa's still awake. I'm texting Soyi at the moment.

Yoomi flinched. *Yoon Soyi again?*

To: Woohyun Oppa

Yoon Soyi? You and her seem close nowadays, Oppa.

To: Yoomi Bestie

We're just friends.
It's late already Yoomi ah. Go to sleep.

*They're just friends.* Yoomi kept repeating to herself, till she finally fell asleep. She didn't know why but that few words was able to comfort her heart greatly, even though deep inside, she really doubted the truth in them.




A few weeks later, and Woohyun was still spending more time with Yoon Soyi than with his best friends. Hoya comforted Yoomi that it was just a stage Woohyun had to get through. He would return to them soon.

Yoomi on the other hand, missed her Woohyun oppa greatly, and those short walking to school trips weren't enough for her. For someone who had nearly spent every single minute with Woohyun since she was seven, she was clearly deprived of the Namstar presence.

"Hoya Oppa. I think I'd like to hold a movie night." Yoomi told him.

Hoya smiled. "Movie night? That's great!" he exclaimed. "We haven't had one of those in ages. You get the drinks and I'll buy the chips. We can stay up late since it's the weekends tomorrow!"

"Tell Woohyun Oppa too okay?" Yoomi added. "Then we can spend our time, us three again."

Later that evening, Hoya went into Yoomi's house with bags of chips and snacks. He smiled half-heartedly when he saw Yoomi, knowing how depressed she'll be when she hears. "Where's Woohyun Oppa?" she asked.

*There's the question.* Hoya told himself. He faked a smile and plopped onto the couch. "Woohyun hyung says he isn't free today. He'll join us if he gets home early though.*

"Oh." Yoomi's face fell.

Hoya sighed and pinched both her cheeks. "Although Woohyun hyung isn't here, you still have me right?" he beamed. Yoomi nodded, a small smile on her lips. "Then go get those drinks. Let's watch those movies."

The two of them went all the way through Finding Nemo, Toy Story I & II, and Titanic. (A/N: It's 2004 and they're 13. I guess these are the shows they'll watch?? hehe)

It was already 11pm, going to midnight when the last movie ended.

Hoya stretched and yawned. He looked over to Yoomi who was rubbing her eyes furiously. "Aren't you going to sleep already, Yoomi ah?" he asked, tiredly.

Yoomi shook her head. "Maybe Woohyun Oppa will come?"

Hoya frowned. "It's late, Yoomi ah." he persuaded. "Even if he reached home already, he wouldn't want to watch movies anymore. He'll want to sleep."

"But..." Yoomi started.

"Go to sleep." Hoya pushed her gently, guiding her up to her room. He tucked her into her covers and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight, Yoomi."

"Goodnight Hoya Oppa." she whispered.

Hoya smiled a little, before yawning and going downstairs to clear up the mess they created, and going to sleep.

Yoomi felt her tired eyes giving way, her determination to stay awake slowly being eaten up by fatigue. She was vaguely aware that she still had that hope that Woohyun would turn up at her door and they'd watch the movies together.

She glanced over at the window, over to Woohyun's house. His room was on the second floor, and one of his lamps was on. It was the same lamp he had to keep on to fall asleep.

*I guess Woohyun Oppa is home, and is sleeping already.* she comforted herself, though she was dying of curiosity where he was until now.

She fell asleep soon after, dreaming of the times when Woohyun and her fooled around.

...

A knock on her window pane made Yoomi wake up again. Her eyes widened as she saw a silhouette outside her window. "Woohyun Oppa?" she gasped.

She quickly ran to the window and let him in. Woohyun was shivering a little from the cold and his cheeks and nose were red. He was smiling so happily, Yoomi had to smile. "Did I wake you up, Yoomi ah?" Woohyun asked.

Yoomi smiled a little. "Not really." Her mind was squealing in happiness. *Woohyun Oppa came to look for me again!*

She eyed him carefully. "What's up, Woohyun Oppa?" she asked as she patted the space beside her on the bed. "Why do you look so happy?"

Woohyun bit his lip to hide his smile. "Yoomi ah." he took both her hands in his. At that instant, a shock jolted through Yoomi's body and she became intensely aware of how he was touching her.

"I'm sorry to wake you up." he started. "But you're my favorite Bestie, and I figured I'd tell you first. And I guess I was too happy to wait till tomorrow morning to break the news to you."

"What happened?" Yoomi asked half-heartedly, her gaze still set on her hand that was enveloped in his.

Woohyun took a deep breath. "Today I asked Soyi to be my girlfriend."

...

"What?" Yoomi whispered breathlessly. The pain in her chest was intensifying by the milli-second. She couldn't understand why it hurt so much, but prayed for it to get over soon.

"I asked Soyi to be my girlfriend." Woohyun repeated, his smile still on his face. "And she agreed!!!" he flung his arms round Yoomi in a tight hug. "I'm so happy Yoomi ah! I like Soyi so much!"

An unknown tear slipped down Yoomi's cheek as she stared at the wall in shock.

Her Woohyun Oppa had a girlfriend. His first girlfriend.

Shouldn't she be happy for him? Then why is her heart aching like that? Why does she feel like hurling things at Yoon Soyi? WHY?

Woohyun was too caught up in his own little happy bubble, to not realise that Yoomi hasn't said a single thing since he broke the news to her. Not even a word of congrats.


3rd June 2004

Dear Diary,

Good news and Bad news.

Good news is, Woohyun Oppa has a girlfriend now. Her name is Yoon Soyi and she's the prettiest girl in school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bad news: I just realised I'm in love with him. Woohyun Oppa, My Best friend.