Sitting by and doing nothing

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

Woohyun stared at the diary in shock. The last line repeated itself in his mind over and over again.

I just realised I'm in love with him. Woohyun Oppa, My Best friend.

*In love? Yoomi?* He gulped. *She was in love with me?*

Hoya watched as Woohyun's face paled and his hand trembled as he held her diary. "You didn't know." it was a statement instead of a question. There was no need to ask, the shock was evident in his face.

"I..I..." Woohyun gulped as he stared at the diary again. "I'm sure it's just a short term crush right?'

Sunggyu smirked. "If only you knew."

Woohyun shot a glare at Hoya. "You knew she had a crush on me and you didn't tell me?" he accused.

Hoya shrugged. "I didn't know till much later. I wasn't the first person who found out, it was someone who cared to pay all his attention on Yoomi, that none of us did." he shot Woohyun a look. "And it isn't a crush either."

Hoya placed his hand on Woohyun's shoulder. "You don't know a lot of things, Woohyun hyung." he whispered. "That's why you're here. To find out."

Woohyun gulped. *How can she like me? But I didn't know...and...I... I'm sure it's just a crush. It can't be anything else. All the things after that-* he squeezed his eyes shut.

"Let's continue." Sungyeol cut them off and the next scene began playing.


"Yoomi.. what's wrong?" Hoya nudged her gently.

Yoomi shook her head, biting her lips. They were in the cafeteria having lunch, the two of them only. Even when Woohyun had been flirting with the other girls in the past, he would walk to school together with them and eat lunch together.

But when he got Soyi as his girlfriend, he didn't meet them in the morning.

The usually lazy Woohyun had actually woken up earlier that morning, in order to walk Soyi to school. He also sat with Soyi and her friends at lunch.

Even though Yoomi told him it was alright, she was hurting inside. How could she not?

She tried to forget the new found pain inside, to forget her feelings, to disregard everything. But how could she forget when everyone around her was talking about it? Woohyun and Yoon Soyi. Woohyun and Yoon Soyi. Woohyun and Yoon Soyi.

The most soughted guy and girl in school. Together. Breaking a thousand hearts at one go. What Yoomi never expected was that her heart was one of those.

How could it not hurt, when she was directly in view while watching them act so lovey dovey?

Hoya rolled his eyes and chucked a large mouth of rice into his mouth. "Woohyun hyung's such an exhibitionist." he commented. "Yoon Soyi has hands herself, he doesn't need to feed her with all those people looking."

Yoomi stared as Woohyun cooed and fed Soyi her rice carefully and tenderly. How she hoped that she was the one in Yoon Soyi's place instead. His smile was so different from the one he had around her. Around her, his smile was bright and happy, around Yoon Soyi, his smile was soft, tender and loving.

The way he stared at her as if she was all he saw. Why must it be someone else? *I thought I was special to him.* Yoomi repeated in her mind. *I'm only a special...friend.*

Hoya and Yoomi got up to put their plates away, Yoomi still in a daze. She tried hard to focus her gaze on the floor, or she'll find herself looking at Woohyun and Yoon Soyi again.

Wrong choice.

Because she wasn't looking at where she was going, she collided with someone and her left over soup from her noodles was split all over him. "YAHHH!" the guy yelled in annoyance.

Yoomi stiffened and looked at him, scared.

It was Yoon Doojoon, one of the senior Kingkas in school. He was 16 and a leader of the senior Kingka gang: Beast. His gang was gathered behind him while he glared visciously at Yoomi. "Do you want to die? Do you know who I am?" he snarled.

"Yes." Yoomi squeaked. "Yoon Doojoon Sunbaenim."

Doojoon smirked. "So you know." he looked at her up and down. "What are you going to do about my ruined shirt?"

"I can...pay for it." Yoomi mumbled while playing with her fingers nervously.

"What fun is it in that?" Doojoon growled. He smirked down at Yoomi. "I want you, to the soup off my shoes." The Beast members behind him howled in laughter.

"Good one hyung!" Junhyung cheered.

Hoya growled and stood protectively in front of Yoomi. "She said she'll pay for the shirt. Let's stop at that, sunbaenim."

Doojoon narrowed his eyes at Hoya. "Lee Howon, Year 1." he read of Hoya's tag. "Do you know who exactly you're going against now?" he snarled. "I'm Yoon Doojoon, Leader of the senior kingka gang, Beast. You do know what I can do to you, right?"

Hoya nodded. He felt Yoomi tremble behind him and he took her hand in assurance. "Yes I know." Hoya told him politely. "That's why I'm suggesting that Yoomi pay for your shirt instead. Don't need to embarrass her right?"

Doojoon smirked. He pushed Hoya away from Yoomi and glared at the girl. "That's the whole thing." Doojoon glared at her. "I want to embarrass you."

He looked Yoomi up and down. "You're such a nerd." he commented. "Who in the world has her skirt below her knees these days?" he asked.

The whole cafeteria burst into laughter.

Yoomi blinked her tears away. Was she that much of a joke? Why was everyone laughing at her?

*Woohyun Oppa.* Yoomi's eyes searched for him throughout the cafeteria, only to find him watching the scene with Soyi laughing beside him. Her eyes looked hurt and pleading.

"Save me from this torture Woohyun Oppa." her eyes screamed at him.

"Or these spectacles!" Kikwang howled in laughter as he whipped her glasses off her face. "Man! These can even enter a museum!" he commented.

Yoomi's bottom lip trembled, her gaze fixed on Woohyun. *Save me, Woohyun Oppa. Save me please.*

Woohyun returned her gaze, pain evident in his eyes. Yoomi looked at him confusedly. Why isn't he doing anything? He's her Woohyun Oppa. Isn't he supposed to save her from this?

Yoomi's heart dropped when Woohyun looked away. He took Soyi's hand and led her away from the scene, despite her complaints.

*He left.* Yoomi turned pale. She couldn't even hear the insults Doojoon and Beast were hurling at her. She didn't even have time to feel grateful for what words Hoya spoke to defend her.

The only thing in her mind was his back view. When he left her when she needed him the most.