Cruel Joke

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"I can't believe he did that." Jonghyun whispered. "That's mean. That's horribly mean."

Key elbowed his Yeobo when he saw Yoomi coming towards them with a sullen face. Yoomi heard what they were saying and she sighed. *Even people of didn't know Woohyun oppa couldn't believe he did that. It must be a mistake.*

"Are you okay?" Onew whispered to Yoomi. He noticed the bags around her eyes and how tired she looked. *She must have been bothered about what Woohyun did.*

Yoomi faked a smile. "I'm fine." she assured. "It's just...I think Woohyun just did it out of a moment of fury or something. He won't do something like that again."

Onew bit his lip, not knowing what to say. He knew it was anything but a moment of fury. He had seen the smug smile on Woohyun's face after the incident and it was anything but regret. But he couldn't possibly say that to her, her vulnerable heart would be crushed.

He couldn't bear to see her happy innocent face be stained with emotions such as sadness and depression. He wanted her happy at all times, even if it meant he had to lie a little.

"I guess." Onew finally responded, taking her books from her and leading her to her class. He watched her from the side of his eye and sighed. *You're only hurting yourself by liking that jerk, Yoomi.*




Yoomi and the rest of the SHINee boys walked down the hallway to the cafeteria during break. They passed by Infinite, and Jina and her friends. Yoomi kept her gaze straight, not even wanting to catch a glimpse of Hoya even though she knew he would be smiling at her, as did the rest of the Infinite members.

But she knew if she allowed her head to turn in that direction for that one moment, she would find her gaze searching that certain guy. That certain guy that stole her heart. She wasn't ready to see him yet, not after what he did.

They went to the cafeteria and bought their lunch, sitting down at the corner and chatting merrily. It was only that few short moments when SHINee was fooling around, that Yoomi could really smile genuinely.

Infinite were talking about practice and gossiping about the female trainees in their company. They were guys no matter what, and unlike Woohyun who had a girlfriend, they were on a lookout for girls whenever the opportunity arises. They didn't notice what Woohyun and Jina, and the bunch of Jina s and their boyfriends, were talking about.

"Hey, that girl..." AJ pointed at Yoomi when she walked past.

Woohyun felt himself involuntarily stiffen when he saw her. "Oh you mean Hoya's EX-friend Shin Yoomi?" Jina answered for her.

"Yeah." AJ nodded. "That loser looking girl. Isn't she your neighbour, Woohyun?"

Woohyun forced himself to nod. "Yeah. She is." a lump appeared in his throat.

Jina smirked as she pecked Woohyun's cheek. "Woohyunnie, don't you think it'd be fun to a little?"




Yoomi blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice.

Was it really Nam Woohyun: Her Woohyun oppa that she loved, that Woohyun, that was really walking towards her table now? Walking across the cafeteria from the "Popular" section to the "Outcasted" section. For her?

She gulped. "Pinch me Taemin." she whispered.

Taemin's eyes grew wide. "Ehhhh noona???" he shrieked. "Are you mad??"

"I think I am." Yoomi rubbed her eyes. "Pinch me! Quick!"

Taemin didn't know what to do but follow what she said. He pinched her lightly on her arm, and she flinched slightly. "It hurts!" Yoomi cheered. Taemin looked at her like she lost her mind completely.

Onew eyed Woohyun who walked over to their table, seemingly oblivious to the curioust looks people were throwing him. Onew had a bad feeling about it, from what Woohyun did to Sujin, he really didn't think he was going to be nice about this now.

"Yoomi." Woohyun stopped in front of their table.

Yoomi blinked at him, agape. *Woohyun oppa, my Woohyun oppa is talking to me!* she blinked again. "Are you there?" Woohyun waved his hand in front of her face.

Yoomi snapped out of her thoughts. "Yeah yeah!" she blurted, red in the face. "Woohyun opp... I mean, Woohyun sshi?"

Woohyun chuckled and ruffled her hair, making everyone gasp. "Call me Woohyun oppa like you always did." he told her. "I like it that way."

Yoomi gulped, her heart thumping. "Neh. Woohyun oppa."

He sat down in the seat opposite to her, ignoring the looks Key gave him when he returned from the rest room and found his seat stolen. "Yoomi ah.." he smiled at her. "I want to tell you something."

"What thing, Woohyun oppa?" Yoomi bit her lip, curious.

Woohyun held her gaze a little longer than necessary, making Yoomi squirm in her seat uncomfortably. "I love you, Yoomi." he said.

Yoomi froze. *What? Love? Woohyun oppa loves...me? ME? MEEE?* she blanked out. Her heart was beating so fast, it was insane. She felt her whole body heat up, a tingling feeling overwhelming her. The happiness that flowed from her was like a volcano eruption.

Was it supposed to feel that way? When someone you love tells you that they love you back? Like you flew to heaven and came back?

Yoomi was jerked out of her thoughts when a soft and warm pair of lips pecked her own. Her eyes widened and she saw Woohyun smiling at her gently. "I love you." he repeated.

Yoomi felt her whole face grow warm, unaware of Onew's agitated face at her side. "Oh Woohyun oppa...I...I also-"

"HAHAHAHA!!!!" Woohyun suddenly burst out laughing. Yoomi faltered, staring at him, shocked.

He turned behind and Jina with her ty friends came over. He high-fived the guys. "Did you see her face? It was Jjang!" he cheered.

One of the guys, Dongho smirked at Yoomi. "Hey you nerdo!" he teased. "Your face was totally epic! You looked like a tomato! In fact, you still look like a tomato!"

Yoomi's face flushed redder. "What's the meaning of this, Woohyun." Onew demanded, his blood boiling.

Woohyun smirked. "What do you think?" he asked. "It's a joke. Can't even take a joke, Yoomi?"

"A joke?" Yoomi swallowed the lump in . She felt like crying.

"Of course it's a joke." Woohyun retorted. "Did you even for a second, think it was real? PUH-LEASE! Why would I like you when I have a gorgeous girlfriend with me, right Nana?" he smirked as he wrapped his arms round Jina and kissed her passionately in front of everyone.

Yoomi bit her lip and looked away. He killed her. Again.


22 October 2008

Dear Diary,

Today I realised that there were a lot of things I didn't know.

When he said he loved me, I really didn't know that there could be happiness this intense. I didn't know that heaven felt like that. I didn't know how satisfied I could be.

And when it turned out to be a joke...

I really didn't know, that Hell was that painful.