Her Archilles Heel

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

Watching Yoon Doojoon and Beast ridicule Yoomi all over again a second didn't make Woohyun feel any better than the first.

Now, he had seen the tears in her eyes more clearly than before. The pain in them, the hurt, the disbelief at his betrayal.

Why had he chosen to ignore her then?

"You were such a jerk, Hyung." Sungyeol commented. "Didn't you realize that she was looking at you the whole time? And you could ignore that look, and walk off just like that. You're amazing."

Woohyun bit his lip. "At that time....it seemed like the right thing to do." he whispered.

Hoya shrugged. "Well," he rolled his eyes. "Turns out you're wrong. And turns out you're her weakness as well."

Woohyun gulped as he continued watching. He didn't like the guilt that was eating him in the tummy, and he kept reminding himself that she was a from what he believed.

If only it were true.

 


 

Hoya cursed under his breath as he took Yoomi's hand and led her out of the school. All the attention was directed at both of them.

Doojoon and the rest of Beast had a great time insulting Yoomi, and watching her bite her lips trying to tolerate. Her suffering was their happiness.

It was plain sick. Hoya couldn't stomach all of it, and what's worse was when he saw his Hyung, Yoomi's dear Oppa, Woohyun walk out of the cafeteria his hand linked with his girlfriend Yoon Soyi.

Did he really not consider saving Yoomi from that mess? Could he really bear to watch her being bullied without battling an eyelid?

Hoya glanced back at Yoomi, whose face was pale and her eyes were unfocused. He sighed and took her bag from her, guiding her out of the school, away from where every ing started.

Yoomi jerked out of her thoughts when she realized that they had left the school compound without waiting for Woohyun. She tugged on Hoya's hand and looked at him worriedly. "We didn't want for Woohyun Oppa." she mumbled.

Hoya controlled the urge to roll his eyes at her. Was she being serious? After how Woohyun had managed to throw her away while she needed his help the most, she still cared of they waited for him or not? Hoya wouldn't have cared less if Woohyun died in a stampede from fangirls.

"We're going home first." Hoya pulled her along with him firmly. He saw her open to protest and shut her up. "No buts." he wagged his finger at her face. "We're not going to wait for him until he gives you a satisfactory explanation for his behavior."

Yoomi had no choice but to follow Hoya back home. When angered, Hoya was actually really similar to a teacher at school. He was strict and had that frightening aura that radiated from him to a ten metro radius.

Yoomi stared out of the window, distracted, as Hoya and her were in her house doing their homework. Yoomi had chosen to do their work on the first level dining room instead of her usual study desk upstairs to enable her a better view when Woohyun returned.

Hoya shook his head to himself when he saw her staring out. *I know we're best friends and all, but she has the right to be angry with Woohyun Hyung for a longer time. She didn't even stay mad at him for more than a second. He's her Archilles' Heel."

Hoya and Yoomi were soon jerked from their thoughts when a ugly Cookie monster puppet suddenly appeared on the window sill. "Hello!" it squeaked in it's awkward strained voice.

Yoomi blinked at it. "Eh?"

The Cookie monster scratched it's head, as it it's bashful. "Hi Yoomi." it waved. "Is Cookie Monster disturbing Woohyun's Bestie from her homework?"

Yoomi smiled a little. *Woohyun Oppa, you're so dorky.* "Not really." she answered truthfully. She wasn't really concentrating on her work anyways.

"Well Miss Yoomi sshi," the Cookie Monster told her. "Woohyun wanted me to tell you that he was really sorry for not standing up for you in the cafeteria today."

Hurt flashed in Yoomi's eyes as she was reminded of the incident. "He really wanted to help, he wanted to punch that stupid Yoon Doojoon in his face for saying those hurtful things, he wanted to-" the Cookie monster continued, only to be cut off by Hoya.

"If so, why didn't you?" He growled.

The cookie monster disappeared out of sight, and instead Woohyun stood up. He leaned against the window still, his ees focused on his hands and avoiding Yoomi's gaze.

"I..." he bit his lip. "Because he's Yoon Doojoon." he looked at Yoomi pleadingly. "I just got together with Soyi not long ago. And you know I like her a lot, Yoomi ah. Yoon Doojoon is Soyi's brother, I can't possibly go against my girlfriend's brother. He'll force her to breakup with me for sure. I'm sure you understand right, Yoomi ah?"

Yoomi looked down. So it's because of Yoon Soyi? *Again.* the nagging voice whined at the back of her mind.

"Please forgive me Yoomi ahhhhh~~~" Woohyun did his aegyo on Yoomi.

Yoomi's heart skipped a beat and her face flushed. What was she thinking. This was Woohyun. Her Nam Woohyun Oppa.

"I forgive you, Oppa." she beamed.

Woohyun yelled happily and hugged her through the window. Hoya on the other hand, just shook his head.

 


 

20 June 2004

 

Dear Diary,

Today Hoya complained to me that I forgave Woohyun Oppa too easily. He said I should have thrown a tantrum and demanded for him to go on his knees.

But how can I?

How can I stay angry at him when just one look at his eyes and I can't think properly anymore?

How can I when he does aegyo on me and the only thing I can do is fight the blush on my face?

How can I, when I'm so horrifyingly, terrifyingly in love with him?