Double celebration

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"So..." the judge tapped his pen and adjusted the large glasses on his face. "Nam Woohyun right?"

Woohyun nodded nervously. "Yes sir."

"So, sing an excerpt of a song you prepared for, and dance a little of whatever dance you know." the judge told him.

Woohyun took a deep breath and began singing. In his mind, he was grateful for Yoomi for pushing him into this.

Opening his mouth to sing for an audience, even though it just consisted of four judges, it was gratifying for that inner celebrity of his. He rediscovered that passion he had forgot about, and he began to get more into the song.

The judges looked rather impressed by that soulful voice a fifteen year old like him possessed and nodded to each other.

When it was Woohyun's time to dance, they recognized that he may not be the lead dancer of a group, but that didn't mean he couldn't be the centre man. Because the charm he gave off when he was focused was what drew people in, instead of the technical abilities.

Yoomi attacked Woohyun excitedly when the older came out of the room. "How was it Woohyun Oppa!!" she shrieked.

Woohyun gave her a small nervous smile. "I'm not sure." he confessed. "I didn't get rejected right away like at SM and YG. They said they wanted to go through the whole list of people who were auditioning today before making the choice. They said if I got in, they'll call me tonight."

Yoomi softened and rubbed his arms comfortingly. "Don't worry Oppa." she beamed. "I'm sure they'll appreciate that inner superstar in you!"

Woohyun smiled, a real genuine smile. His smiles with Soyo were of love and affection, while with Yoomi they were teasing and friendly.

This time, his smile was something deeper than what he usually gave anyone. He was indeed grateful for what she did for him, what she believed in him, even when he didn't believe in himself any longer.

"If I don't get in-" Woohyun started, earning a reprimanding look from Yoomi.

"I'm just being realistic Yoomi." Woohyun shrugged. "There is such a possibility. And if I don't, I promise, that I'll try again. For my bestest best friend Shin Yoomi." he smiled at her sincerely.

A warm feeling rushed through Yoomi's body and her face grew hot. *Try again. For me?* she swallowed.

That was the sweetest thing she ever heard him say to her, and it sent her heart racing insanely, even though the context was more of friendly than romantically.

Both of them took the bus back home and tried to get their minds off the auditions, though both of them found themselves always trailing nearer and nearer to the telephone.

 


Yoomi looked around and frowned. *Where's Hoya Oppa? I was too focused on bringing Woohyun Oppa to the audition that now I realized, I haven't seen Hoya Oppa all morning!*

She ran to Woohyun who was currently trying to distract himself by playing battlefield. (Which was an obvious fail since he kept losing even at level one)

"Woohyun Oppa, have you seen Hoya Oppa?" She asked. Woohyun looked relieved to take his mind off the auditions for a moment. "Hoya?" he looked around. "Now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen him since morning!"

Both of them were surprised. Hoya rarely went out without them. He didn't like socializing with others he wasn't familiar with. He was more like Yoomi than Woohyun.

He couldn't have gone out himself with other friends...

Hoya finally came back an hour later, looking a little restless. "Where had you been Hoya oppa?" Yoomi bounded up to him.

He was dressed exceptionally nice today rather than his usual slacks. "Uh." he reddened. "Just...out."

Both Woohyun and Yoomi looked at him suspiciously until their mothers called them for dinner. The three of them scattered back to their own houses for dinner, a little more jittery.

Woohyun and Yoomi rushed through dinner and rushed to the garden, staring at Woohyun's handphone with great intensity. They were surprised to find Hoya out in his garden with his own blackberry, staring at it and getting lost in his thoughts.

"Don't you think Hoya is behaving oddly today?" Woohyun whispered as they spied on their fellow Bestie.

Yoomi nodded. "He's behaving as if he just went for an audi-"

RINGGGG!! RINGGGG!!

Woohyun and Yoomi stared at each other, red in their faces. They slowly shifted their gazes to the phone in Woohyun's hand, and saw the screen blinking a call from an unknown number.

Yoomi gave Woohyun an encouraging nod, and he took a deep breath, before answering in his most steady voice. "Hello?"

"... Yes I am Nam Woohyun." Woohyun muttered. "Yes... Yes.. Huh what? ...."

Yoomi looked at him nervously. Woohyun had frozen after he hung up with whoever it was on the call. "Oppa?" Yoomi probed.

A smile slowly imprinted itself on Woohyun's face. His face suddenly lit and he threw his arms round Yoomi as they hopped together. "I GOT IN!!! I AM A WOOLIM TRAINEE NOW!!!" he yelled.

Yoomi cheered along with him, with ecstasy matching to his. They were lost in their little happy world until another yell of happiness was heard. They turned and saw Hoya bounding towards them with his happy expression.

"I GOT IN TOO!!" Hoya yelled. "I'm a trainee at Woolim now too!!"

Woohyun and Yoomi stared at him. "You auditioned?" both of them said at the same time.

Hoya rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. "Hehe today afternoon."

"I didn't know you wanted to be a singer Hoya Oppa!" Yoomi's eyes shone.

Hoya beamed. "Not a singer. A rapper." he grinned. "I got kinda addicted after I listened to Big Bang. And I dance too."

"YOU DO??" both Woohyun and Yoomi burst out in surprise. Hoya turned red. "Yah don't look at me like that."

"KYAAAHHHH HOYA AND WOOHYUN OPPA ARE GOING TO BE SUPERSTARS!!!" Yoomi suddenly burst out.

A few seconds of silence came there after, only to be broken by three insane teenagers screaming their heads off.

 


 


5 April 2005

Dear Diary,

Today both Woohyun and Hoya Oppa got into Woolim entertainment as trainees! I'm so happy for them!

I'm so happy that Woohyun Oppa got in. I'm glad he didn't abandon his dream, because he would regret it in the future.

I don't want him to regret anything.

And I'm so surprised Hoya Oppa went for the audition as well. I knew he danced a little, but when he showed us his moves earlier, I was shocked that he danced so well!

I feel a little guilty that I didn't even know my best friend Hoya Oppa was interested in dancing and rapping. I didn't even realize.

But how can I take notice of other things, when all my attention is constantly focused on Woohyun Oppa only?