The truth

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

It was Paradise's comeback stage on 29 September 2011. The members were excited for the comeback and more fangirls were cheering for Woohyun, now that he had announced his "break up" with Jasmine a few days ago.

He was glad that the scandal ended successfully with not much harm done. He could hear the cheers for Infinite outside, it was deafening and extremely inspirational.

A knock on the door made Woohyun look up without him wanting to. He assumed it would be Yoomi since it was always her who came. Instead, it was his "ex-girlfriend", Jasmine.

"Hey. Can I talk to Woohyun?" she asked.

Woohyun nodded to s and went out, curious. "Is there anything wrong?" he asked.

Jasmine put her hands on her waist. "Well, I know you like that Yoomi girl, for one." she immediately said, making Woohyun's eyes widen. *What the hell was she talking about?!*

"Don't sprout nonsense." he told her fiercely.

Jasmine rolled her eyes. "I've gone on many dates with you and I have no idea why you don't want to make our false relationship into a real one. And I realise, it's all because of Yoomi."

"Number one, I'm NOT going into a real relationship with you because I have no interest in you. Two, I DON'T LIKE YOOMI." he fumed.

"Whatever." Jasmine clearly didn't believe him. "There's something else I want to say. As you know, I was originally the mv lead for Paradise. You know why Director Lee suddenly changed the lead to Yoomi?"

Woohyun shrugged. "He thought her suitable, what else. And she's fitting for the role, beautiful, and she can act well. She did a good job." he found himself saying, surprising himself. *What did you just say, Nam Woohyun?*

"Wrong." Jasmine smirked. "She bedded him."

Woohyun flinched. "What?"

"She bedded Director Lee, Woohyun." Jasmine repeated. "Why else would he change a professional like me to a noob like her all of a sudden. It's because I refused his advances and obviously Yoomi that didn't. She' isn't as pure as you would have liked, Woohyun."

"It's impossible." Woohyun turned away. "She's Yoomi. She wouldn't do that."

"You don't know her well enough then." Jasmine sneered. "She bedded Director Lee, and she's cheating on Onew with Hoya. Why else do you think Hoya stuck up for her all these time? Because they were together secretly. She's a , woohyun."

Woohyun stormed away angrily, his fists clenched. *So that's what she was? She bedded the director? No wonder Hoya's so good to her, because they're together secretly?*

Jasmine smirked as she watched Woohyun walk away. "I'm going to get you to fall for me for real Woohyun. Forget about that Yoomi who stole my job. She got my job, I'm going to get her man." she muttered.

Woohyun's mind was in a whirl of emotions, mostly made up of anger, disbelief, disgust and more anger. He went onto stage and did his part, forgetting those emotions while engrossing himself with the love from the crowd. There were loads of people, screaming his name, and he found subtle comfort in them.

He got off stage, only to see Yoomi enter Infinite's waiting room again. (Chapter 1)




He watched as Yoomi and Onew went off. He was getting angrier watching them together. He saw how Hoya ruffled Yoomi's hair. That usually friendly gesture seemed romantic to him all of a sudden.

Before he knew it, he was insulting Yoomi again. He made her run out into Onew's arms, crying. He made all the Infinite members mad at him.

"Nam Woohyun, you're a jerk." Hoya had told him before he walked out.

He gulped and sat down, staring at his hands. Why the hell did he do that? He didn't mean to insult her that way, but when he thought of how she acted according to Jasmine...he lost it.

"Woohyun." Sunggyu looked at him. "Honestly, just listen to me and don't take anything I'm going to say to heart."

Woohyun grunted in response, signalling for him to continue. Sunggyu sighed. "You look like you're in love with her, Woohyun." Woohyun frowned. "In love with Yoomi." Sunggyu continued.

Woohyun opened his mouth to retort, but Sunggyu cut him off. "Honestly. You don't know what you're doing when she's around. You're especially hostile to Onew. When she's here, you just turn into a bad mood. If I didn't know better, I'd think you love her."

"No." Woohyun spat immediately. "I don't love her. Not a chance." He got up immediately and strode out of the room. The Infinite members sighed. "He's in denial."  Sungyeol shook his head.


THE PRESENT

"Soo..." Hoya looked at Woohyun expectantly. "This is the end of your virtual journey. You were in denial when you had the car crash. Are you still in denial now, Woohyun hyung?"

Woohyun bit his lip.

Everything he had done to her, it was based on his assumptions, his greed for pride and glory. He easily believed when people said she was bad. He easily overlooked her for power and fame.

But he wasn't happy in the end. Because he didn't have her.

There were so many things he had done without thinking. For popularity, he abandoned her. For the surfacing of his new emotions, he went back to her again but still not treating her right. For jealousy, he made her cry again.

But he was hurting inside. Because,

"I love her." Woohyun hung his head as the realization hit him. It had been blatantly screaming at him in the face and he couldn't see it. He couldn't have been more blind. "I love her. Damn it."

Hoya smiled. The Infinite members looked at each other happily. They had done what they meant to do from the beginning, to change the jerk Woohyun. AND help him realize his feelings.

"Now that you know what you feel, are you ready to go back into your body?" Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun nodded eagerly. "I want to go back. I don't mind if she's still with Onew, I want to treat her well. I want to make up for my past mistakes."

"Good." Hoya smiled satisfied. "You're going to have to help Onew in treating her better since she's going to need it more now. Okay guys let's send him ba-"

"What do you mean she's going to need it more now?" Woohyun interrupted, his eyes narrowing. "Need it more." he repeated. "It sounds ..."

The Infinite members looked at each other. "I guess we have to show him what happened to her." L muttered. The scene changed as the last bit of memory played.



Woohyun had walked to the middle of the road, absorbed in his thoughts.

He didn't see the car coming. And when he finally did, it was too late. The car drove towards him at full speed, and his legs were glued to the ground in panic. There were screams from the side as they called for him to move.

His eyes closed, waiting for the impact.

Which was why he didn't see what happened after that.

Yoomi gasped when she saw Woohyun about to get hit. "Jinki oppa!" Yoomi gasped and tugged on his arm. Onew's eyes widened. "!"

Without thinking, Yoomi dashed into the middle of the road. She tried to rush to Woohyun and push him off the road.

But she wasn't fast enough.

"MOVE WOOHYUN OPPA!" she yelled as she tried to push him out of the way. She didn't get there in time, and in turn, both of them got hit. Together.

Her unconscious body landed on his, and she was bleeding and bruised. Onew stood, rooted to the ground in shock. "YOOMI!"


THE PRESENT

Woohyun stared at the screen in shock. She had tried to save him and she failed. That's why she got hurt too. Hurt.

"How is she now?" Woohyun demanded, his face pale.

"She's in the hospital now, Woohyun." Sunggyu muttered regretfully. "She's awake, but...she's blind now. She can't see anymore because those glass shards from the crash cut her eyes."

Woohyun staggered. *She's blind?*

Sungyeol tried to cheer the mood up. "But she's going to be happy if her favorite Woohyun oppa wakes up and becomes her best friend again, right? Come on Woohyun oppa, get back to your body now!"

They tried to tug him along, but he was resistant. Woohyun stopped in his tracks.

"Wait." Woohyun muttered. "Just wait a moment more. Please."