Time alone

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Yoomi shot a glance at Woohyun the first thing at the breakfast table. His eyes were tired, his face pale, but other than that, he didn't look that traumatised by the breakup.

*I'm glad.* Yoomi thought.

Onew on the other hand had noticed that Yoomi was keeping her gaze fixed on Woohyun. He had stayed up the previous night waiting for Yoomi to return to her room, but she didn't. He was worried for her, because he knew she went to find Woohyun. But Woohyun went back to his room at around 1am, and she didn't return till 3am.

He sat by his bed, listening for the opening of her door that was just beside his room, till he was nodding off. Only till he peeked and saw that she turned off her light, that he was relieved enough to finally rest his eyes.

He wondered what had happened to Woohyun, and what to Yoomi. Whatever happened to Woohyun was also something that happened to Yoomi, in Onew's eyes. He knew she loved him, a little too much if he might say. Especially when Woohyun didn't bother about her a lot.

"Why you two." Mrs Nam frowned at Woohyun and Yoomi. "Both of you have dark rings around your eyes! Did you two sleep at all last night?"

Yoomi bit her lip. "Yes.. Just not much." she admitted.

"Tsk." Mrs Nam shook her head. "I'll let you two off because it's Christmas morning! Don't let that happen again!" she chirped.

Yoomi met Hoya's questioning eyes and she smiled, assuring him that nothing was wrong. Hoya glanced at Woohyun who seemed a little out of it and frowned to himself. *Something must have happened.*

Mrs Shin finally came to the breakfast table and she tutted her lips at Yoomi and Woohyun. "You two~~~" she wagged her finger at them tauntingly. "Where did you two disappear off two yesterday night when we were exchanging presents! I couldn't even give you your gifts!"

She brought out the beautifully wrapped presents and gave them to her daughter and her neighbour's son, both of them thanking her gratefully. Hoya and Onew took the chance to exchange the presents with the missing two, that they hadn't been able to give the previous night.

Mrs Shin bought Yoomi a new pencil case, Hoya gave an unexpectedly cute hair band, complete with matching bracelets and Onew bought her a cute heartshaped handphone keychain. Yoomi smiled at them and hugged each one, not noticing how Onew blushed lightly after she hugged him.

"Thanks for the presents. I really loved them." she beamed. "And sorry for disappearing last night."

"Where were the two of you anyway?" Hoya asked with narrowed eyes. "If you two went to do something fun, I'm not going to let you off. Why didn't you bring me along!" he pouted.

"Err.. you see-" Yoomi played with her fingers. How was she going to tell them that Woohyun got dumped by his girlfriend??!

"We were having some Best friend time together." Woohyun cut in. Yoomi blinked at him in surprise while Onew flinched.

Hoya frowned. "Hey! I'm a part of this best friend team too!" he complained.

"Yeah, but I spend more time with you nowadays." Woohyun slung his arm round Yoomi, making her cheeks flush pink. "I see you everyday because of Infinite practice and all, but I don't see Yoomi that much."

"You don't bother to see her anyway." Hoya rolled his eyes. "You're always with that Yoon Soyi."

Yoomi looked at Woohyun nervously and saw that he flinched. "Yeah so I'm taking time now to spend it with her." he declared. "Just me and Yoomi. Best friend time."

Yoomi's eyes were wide with puzzlement as Woohyun stood up and pulled her along with him. "Hey where are you two going!" Hoya called out.

"Just told you, dimwit." Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Best friend time with Yoomi. You two, don't interrupt." he wagged his finger at Hoya and Onew. With that, he left along with Yoomi.

"I swear, I don't know why he's always suddenly hot and cold to Yoomi." Hoya muttered. He smiled a little. "But at least he's paying her attention now. I kinda had the feeling that he couldn't be bothered with her previously. Guess I'm wrong."

Onew looked in the direction where they left. *I don't really think he's paying her real attention though. It's something like...an excuse? Oh I don't know. I just know I don't like it.* he pouted.




"Why didn't you tell them, Woohyun oppa?" Yoomi sat down beside him on the meadow. "I can understand if you don't want Jinki oppa to know, but Hoya oppa is our best friend. He should know if you broke u-.. I mean.." she faltered.

Woohyun sighed. "I'll tell him soon. Just not now." he assured. "I'm just not ready to face everyone's questions now, you see. I'm just contented with your company. You're comforting and you don't probe any more than you need to. I feel like some of my pain is taken away when you're here." he smiled at her.

Yoomi blushed pink, her heart thumping against her chest. "Ah.." she nodded.

"And besides," Woohyun laid down on the grass, causing Yoomi to follow suit. "Hoya's always telling me to break up with Soyi. Says she's not a good girlfriend, and she's a bad influence."

*I agree with Hoya oppa.* Yoomi thought.

"If he knew we aren't together anymore, I have a feeling he'll really get those party poppers from yesterday night to celebrate my singlehood." Woohyun joked.

Yoomi laughed, enjoying how Woohyun's also chuckling a little. They fell into a peaceful comfortable silence as they watched the clouds drift slowly across the sky. She peeked up him, only to see him with his eyes shut.

*Is he asleep?* she thought curiously.

She sat up quietly and watched as his chest heaved up and down as he breathed slowly, his long lashes extending forever, and his lips looking kissable and y. *Woohyun oppa's really the most gorgeous man on earth.* she thought affectionately. *Even though Myungsoo Oppa is supposed to be the visual, I think Woohyun oppa looks better.*

But then again, Woohyun looks the best no matter compared to who if you asked Shin Yoomi.

She watched him sleep for a few more minutes, when his eyes suddenly burst opened. Yoomi jerked back in shock but Woohyun held her shoulders in place. "Peeking while I'm sleeping...hmm?" he teased.

Yoomi reddened. "Ah. I wasn't!" she denied, but her pink blush gave her off. "I was just... you know..."

"Peeking while I'm sleeping?" Woohyun finished for her.

"NO!" Yoomi blurted, horrified. "I was...I was...I was counting how many hairs you had!" Yoomi nearly slapped her own face at how retarded she sounded. Really, count how many hairs?

"Oh really." Woohyun snorted, trying to contain his laughter. "And how many might that be?"

Yoomi bit her lip. "I lost count?" she replied meekly.

"I didn't know you turned into a liar, Yoomi." Woohyun teased, flipping her over such that he was straddling her. "Liars deserve to be punished!"

Before Yoomi knew what was happening, Woohyun attacked her sides and tickled her to no end. Yoomi was squirming and squealing in laughter, thrashing wildly. "Woohyun oppa!" she complained.

Both of them engaged in a viscious tickling competition, forgetting the time, forgetting his pain.

*If only Woohyun oppa was like this everyday.* Yoomi thought contently, lying down beside him when they finally got too tired. *If only.. he didn't care that I was a nerd and let it go, just more another moment like this.*