Coincidence

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

They arrived at the farm after a few hours ride, with Woohyun complaining non stop about the trees and plants.

It was a beautiful place, where there wasn't much human interference with the way nature worked. Of course, there were the farms. Cows, sheeps, horses were idling around in the afternoon. There was also certain farms growing certain types of vegetation, which they had to find out for themselves.

They got loaded into a resort, that was the only existence of tourists there, because everything else seemed so much like a natural village.

The resort was split into three large halls. Each hall had eight rooms, and a hot spring that was shared.

"You will be staying in the South Hall." The receptionist passed them the keys. "You will take up six rooms, but the last two rooms will be occupied by another family. Is that okay if the whole hall isn't occupied by you?"

"That's fine." Mr Lee smiled. "Thank you very much."

Woohyun looked around the resort in disgust. To suit the nature theme, the walls were all made of wooden logs, looking like a olden day cottage. It was really pleasant looking if you loved nature. Which Woohyun didn't.

He didn't like it one bit. What he was concerned about was if the resort had Wifi and telephone service.

They each explored their rooms excitedly, even the parents. The parents stayed one couple a room, except for Mrs Shin who stayed by herself. The kids each got a room each.

Yoomi's room was beside Woohyun's. She skipped into her room happily, only to hear Woohyun cursing from the other side of the wall about the resort not having internet connection.

She marveled at the room's cosy interior and the intricate designs carved on the wall. It wasn't really elaborate or rich looking, but it was cosy and homely and that's what made it beautiful.

She put her bags down and began unpacking her things. She didn't bring much and had those packed in the wardrobe in a flash, only to lay on the bed. She was surprised at it's softness and figured it wouldn't hurt to sleep on such a comfortable bed for the rest of her life.

A knock came on her door. "Yoomi ah!" Hoya's voice came. "When you're done with your things, can you come to my room? And bring your needle set! My jeans split and I need some female help!"

"Okay oppa!" She called out, laughing along the way. *Hoya oppa's so epic.* she thought to herself.

She found her needle set in a flash, and rushed out of her room. She looked around the corridor and cocker her head to the side thoughtfully. *Which one is Hoya oppa's room?* she thought.

"Nevermind. I'll just knock on each one." she shrugged.

She started with the one left to her room, where Woohyun's room was right to hers. She knocked on the door and heard someone fumble inside, knocking down some things.

She giggled to herself. *That doesn't sound like Hoya oppa nor any of the parents. Hoya oppa isn't that clumsy. That reminds me somewhat of...*

"Jinki sshi?" Yoomi's eyes widened when the door opened to reveal it's guest.

Onew was equally surprised to see her. "Yoomi?" he gasped. He blinked several times and rubbed his eyes. He looked up at her again and his mouth fell open. "I wasn't dreaming. It's really you!" he exclaimed.

Yoomi couldn't help but let out a giggle. "What are you doing here, Jinki sshi?" she asked.

"On a holiday with my family." Onew still looked at her like he couldn't believe she was in front of him. "You? On a holiday too?"

Yoomi nodded. "Yea. I'm here with Hoya and Woohyun oppas. I was looking for Hoya oppa's room cause he needed my help in sewing one of his jeans that split."

Onew laughed at that thought. He didn't stop to think and poked her cheek affectionately. "And you knock on every door? What if I was an old Ahjusshi who wasn't wearing a shirt and in the middle of picking my nose?" he joked.

"Ewww!" Yoomi whined, laughing along with him. "You're so gross Jinki sshi!" she giggled.

Onew smiled and watched as she laughed. *She's so cute when she smiles.* he thought. When Yoomi finally cooled down, she saw Onew watching her and she grew conscious.

"Anything on my face?" she patted her cheeks.

Onew reddened when she caught him staring. He peeked at her meaningfully. "Isn't Woohyun here?" he asked. "Is it okay for you to talk to me?"

Yoomi froze. Guilt that she had almost forgotten about surfaced once again. About how she had just unfriended them all of a sudden because Woohyun asked her to.

Now she knew, not everything Woohyun said or did was right. His choice in Yoon Soyi had told her so.

"I.." she bit her lip, her tears threatening to fall.

Onew saw that and he panicked, obviously not used to crying girls. "Oh my god don't cry!" he exclaimed. He grabbed her wrist and dragged her into his room and fumbled around his room.

Yoomi sniffed and peered at him. "What are you looking for, Jinki sshi?" she asked.

Onew looked over his shoulder at her. "Chicken." he answered immediately. "I don't want you to cry. Chicken will cheer you up."

At that declaration, Yoomi laughed again. Onew was seriously a chicken addict, even at the most awful timings.

"I'm sorry."

Onew stiffened. *Did I imagine that?*

"I'm sorry, Jinki sshi." Yoomi mumled softly.

Onew stood up slowly and turned to look at her, only to see her avoiding his intense gaze. "I..." Yoomi her lips. "I chose to follow what Woohyun oppa told me to do in the past. I was having a great time being friends with you and SHINee, and I just gave the friendship up. I regretted it. I'm sorry."

Onew softened and walked towards her. "Don't be." he muttered.

Yoomi sniffed as she recalled her doings. "I regretted for a year, Jinki." she whispered. "When I thought of how disappointed Taemin's face was, how curious Key was, and how you kept smiling at me every morning even though I didn't want to have anything to do with you. I'm sorry. I really am."

"If there's something I really don't want you to be, that's being sorry." Onew cupped her cheeks softly and wiped the tears with his thumb. "I understand. Woohyun's closer to you than we are, of course you would choose him instead of us. I understand if you don't want anything to do with us."

Yoomi looked up at him with watery eyes. "I want to be your friend, Jinki." she blurted.

Onew looked surprised. "But Woohyun-"

Yoomi shook her head. "Woohyun oppa's important to me, but I don't want to regret anything anymore." she mumbled. "I regretted for a year, and I'm not going to continue with that. I like your company, and I'm going to be your friend. That's that, Jinki oppa!" she pumped her fists in the air.

Onew gaped at her with his mouth opened. *Jinki...oppa?*

"Jinki oppa?" another voice voiced out Onew's inner thoughts.

Yoomi and Onew blinked and turned, only to find Woohyun glaring at the both of them. "What are you doing in another guy's room, Yoomi?" he snarled. "Especially one that I told you not to befriend."

Yoomi bit her lip. "He's my friend Woohyun oppa." she said in a small but firm voice. "I have the right to choose my friends, and I choose Jinki oppa. And the rest of SHINee. They're my friends now."

Woohyun looked pissed off. "Your choice, Yoomi." he spat. "Don't say I didn't tell you about ruining your reputation." he growled as he stalked out.

Yoomi let out a huge breath when he left. "That's the first time I went against Woohyun oppa." she muttered in disbelief.

Onew smiled inwardly as he peeked at her. *I'm glad the first time you did that, it was because of me. ... or us.*

...

"Yah Yoomi where are you! I can't go out with my jeans split!" Hoya hollered.