Valentines day

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

It was that time of the year again.

The pink and fluffy time, where roses were seen everywhere, and hearts were the most popular shape.

It was several days after Woohyun's birthday, which was a few days after Yoomi had gotten bullied by those girls in her class.

Yoomi had forgiven Woohyun when he found out that she was bullied and he wasn't there to protect her. He was so guilty about it, he climbed into her room late at night and crawled into bed with her, asking for forgiveness. And at the same time scaring the wits out of her.

He felt guilty for not being there for his best friend when she needed him. It was a sweet apology really, except it had been rather difficult to explain the next morning when Mrs Shin found both Woohyun and Yoomi asleep on the same bed.

When they were eight, Woohyun had asked her why she didn't give him anything on Valentines day. Yoomi blinked at him, answering that it was a day for lovers.

Woohyun told her that he was really disappointed that he got those chocolates from the other girls but none from his best friend.

So since they were nine and Hoya entered their lives, Yoomi had baked cookies for both of her bestest best friends on earth.

She didn't really know the concept of romanticism at that point of time, but she liked seeing the smile on both of their faces when they received it.

February Fourteen found Yoomi in the kitchen again, baking away. She delicately put smiley faces on each of the cookies and some letters.

"Best frens 4eva" they read.

She put them into red and pink boxes respectively, tying the top with a cute white ribbon. She beamed happily at them, satisfied. *I hope Woohyun Oppa will like them. Chocolate is his favorite.*

She placed both boxes in her bag secretly, only to empty all her books because her bag wasn't big enough. She walked exceptionally carefully, afraid for her cookies.

When she reached school, she wasn't surprised to see balloons and flowers everywhere. The girls were all in groups, as they supported each other when they went to confess.

"Hoya Oppa! Please accept my confession!" a cute girl from Hoya's class, called Tiffany squeaked. She looked really nervous and her gaze never left the ground.

Yoomi giggled and walked away, not before putting the boxes of cookies in Hoya's and Woohyun's locker.  *Someone has a crush on Hoya Oppa!*

Hoya looked uncomfortable and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh." he blurted. "I...I'm not looking for a girlfriend now, I'm sorry."

Tiffany looked hurt but she kept her tears in. She bowed quickly and ran off. Yoomi made a face at Hoya. *Heartbreaker Oppa.*

 


The day went by quickly, and Yoomi didn't even catch a glimpse of Woohyun anywhere. She wondered if he was beig attacked by those girls right now.

She was already used to his attention amongst the girls, but it didn't really bother her since he was nice to them but they were only friends.

After class, Yoomi went straight to Woohyun's class to look for him. She was surprised to find the whole class empty except for Woohyun and a beautiful girl.

*Yoon Soyi. That beautiful girl from Woohyun Oppa's class.* she thought.

Yoomi didn't know what she was doing, and soon, she was outside the classroom, eavesdropping on what they were saying.

"Erm.. Woohyun oppa." Soyi blushed prettily. "These are some cupcakes I made myself. I want to thank you for coaching me in math."

Woohyun smiled widely and took the box from her. "Thank you Soyi ah. I'll eat them well."

Soyi blushed even redder. Woohyun curled a lock of her hair and tucked it behind her ear. "You look pretty when you blush, Soyi ah."

This caused Soyi to turn even redder. Yoomi looked away and ran to where Hoya was waiting for her. She didn't know why, but she didn't like that exchange.

*Stop it Yoomi.* she told herself. *Yoon Soyi is just a friend to Woohyun Oppa. And you're Oppa's best friend. You're more important to him.*

Hoya saw Yoomi and ruffled her hair. "Yah you ran away when you saw Tiffany confessing to me! Couldnt you have come saved me or something?"

Yoomi grinned. "You need to do these sort of things yourself, Hoya Oppa."

"Yeah yeah." Hoya shrugged. He smiled softly. "And thanks for the cookies. They're the best out of all the gifts I received today."

"Of course! Cause I made them!" Yoomi announced playfully. Hoya just laughed and poked her forehead.

Woohyun arrived soon after, smiling dreamily. "Hey." he was still holding that box of cupcakes Yoon Soyi had made him. He looked at Yoomi and smiled. "I received your cookies Yoomi ah. I was looking for them."

Yoomi brightened. "You were?"

"Of course!" he grinned. "You're my best friend! I won't forgive you if you didn't give me anything on valentines day!"

Yoomi smiled widely. "Your present is one of the most important one I received today!" Woohyun beamed.

Yoomi giggled, and blushed. She didn't realize how Woohyun said "One of the most important" and how he didn't say she was pretty when she blushed, unlike with Yoon Soyi.

"Aish you sweet talker." Hoya punched Woohyun's arm lightly. "Made my thanks look insignificant now."

Woohyun stuck out his tongue and swung his arm round Yoomi's neck. "Of course! Yoomi's the special person in my life!"

Yoomi smiled even wider, not even realizing why she was so happy.