His mistake

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Yoomi and Onew sat on the bench in her front yard garden. The sky was beginning to turn dark, and there were pink and orange patches in the sky as the sun set.

Yoomi glanced at her watch. It was already 7:30pm. And Woohyun wasn't there yet.

"Jinki oppa." Yoomi nudged him. Onew looked at her questioningly. "If you have something on, you can go first. You don't need to accompany me."

"And let the birthday girl wait alone?" Onew teased. He smiled assuringly. "Don't worry. I want to wait with you." *At least I get to spend more time with you. If I'm that lucky Woohyun, I'd be early for every date.*

He noticed Yoomi shivering slightly as the evening turned cold. He automatically took off his jacket and put it on her shoulders. "Can't let the birthday girl catch a cold." he chuckled.

Yoomi beamed at him, her cheeks and nose slightly pink from the cold. "But what about you, Jinki oppa?" she asked, gesturing to the T-shirt he was wearing.

Onew shook his head. "It's okay. All the chicken I've eaten gave me lots of fat. Need to burn them off." he joked. Yoomi giggled heartily, shaking her head in amusement. Onew watched her with love in his eyes. Her laughter was like music to him, and her smile the most beautiful scene ever.

Why did she have to love Woohyun anyway?

"Can I ask you something, Yoomi?" Onew asked in a soft, cautious voice. She looked at him curiously as she nodded. "I wanted to ask," he bit his lip. "Why do you love Woohyun so much anyway?"

Yoomi lowered her gaze to the ground. She pondered a while in silence, leaving Onew to wait anxiously for her answer. "In the past, I would have told you that I loved him because he was kind and caring. Because he had the smile that lit the whole world, because he was the only one who could make me smile genuinely." she said honestly.

"But now it's not true." Yoomi continued, making Onew raise his brows. "He isn't exactly kind and caring to me. Only when we're alone. When there are other people, he still treats me like scum. He doesn't smile at me anymore. And I feel like I'm not at all important to him, before he came back to be my friend."

She smiled at Onew. "And besides, now there are so many people who can make me smile. Especially you, Jinki oppa."

Onew chuckled softly as he wrapped an arm round her shoulder and brought her to rest her head on the crook of his neck. "So why do you love him now?" he asked softly.

Yoomi took a deep breath. "I don't know."

Onew looked at her. Yoomi bit her lip, embarrassed. "Honestly, I don't know anymore. I've already lost the reason why I love Woohyun oppa. All I know is that I do, and I continue loving him." she muttered. "Sometimes I really wonder if I should continue loving him, but he just occupied this large part of my heart for no apparent reason and I can't just forget him."

Onew sighed softly as he her hair. *When will you realize, Yoomi, that there are many other people who can bring you happiness? And that what you feel for him, perhaps it's not love anymore, perhaps it's just out of habit? But I can't say that to you, not on your birthday.*




Woohyun had been waiting excitedly for 7pm. He was going to bring Yoomi out to one of the tallest buildings in Seoul, and they were going to have a romantic dinner. He even paid for a short show of fireworks, that had wiped his wallet clean.

With no schedules for the day, Woohyun visited a pub at around 6pm to waste his time till it was 7. He ordered an orange juice since he didn't want to be drunk before he even met Yoomi.

A y girl dressed in a dress that covered nothing, slinked over to him. Woohyun's playboy eyes fixed on her body and he let out a low breath. That girl was one y cat.

She caught Woohyun looking and she smiled at him flirtatiously. "Hi handsome." she cooed.

Woohyun gave her one of his signature smirks. "Hey beautiful." he responded.

She walked over to him, her hips swaying like a tree in a typhoon, and settled down beside him. Her brows raised in interest when he caught what he was drinking. "Orange juice?" she smirked.

Woohyun bit his lip. He didn't want to appear like a loser in front of such a gorgeous woman. He shrugged. "Don't want to be drunk before I bag a y lady." he said smugly. "Like you."

The girl giggled in her extra high voice. "You're a good one." she battled her eyelids. "What's your name, handsome?" she asked, as she drew slow circles on his chest.

Woohyun gave her a charming smile. "Nam Woohyun."

The girl froze for a moment and her smile turned wider. "Nam Woohyun of Infinite? No wonder I thought you looked familiar." she cooed. "I'm Jasmine. Nice to meet you, Namstar~"

The way Namstar rolled off her tongue in that slow manner was awfully y in the male's eyes. Woohyun shifted uncomfortably when he felt his bulge grow slightly. *Damn.* He tried to stay calm as he ordered a shot, trying to look cool.

"You're drinking alcohol now." Jasmine noticed.

Woohyun gave her a smirk as he touched her cheek in a tentalizingly slow y move. "I can get drunk now, since I met a y lady like you."

Jasmine and Woohyun chatted and played games where the loser had to down a shot. They were up to 3-3 when Woohyun glanced at his watch. His eyes widened. *! It's already 7:15pm! Yoomi!*

"I have to go." Woohyun stood up abruptly. Jasmine pouted as she let her hand move from his shoulders down to his chest in a slow seductive manner. "So soon?" she asked, pouting. "We're still a draw. Another five rounds."

Woohyun glanced at his watch again. *I'm sure Yoomi can wait a little longer. Anyway I don't think SHINee will send her back to her house punctually at 7pm.*

He sat back down and continued that little game with her. He lost four rounds and had to drink four shots. His vision was getting blurry, and his head felt heavy as the alcohol began to kick in. He recalled he had an important appointment that he HAD to go to, but what?

"Let's dance, Woohyun." Jasmine pulled Woohyun by his collar as they grinded each other on the dance floor.




"I don't think he's coming, Yoomi." Onew said quietly.

Yoomi was in Onew's arms as he held her, trying to transfer some warmth over to her. Since they only had one jacket, they had to share. Yoomi looked at her watch and her face fell.

11:47pm. 13 minutes till her birthday was over.

"He'll come." Yoomi insisted.

Onew sighed softly as he caressed her cheek. Yoomi looked up at him with worried eyes. "Do you think Woohyun oppa met with some trouble? Why hasn't he called? Why didn't he pick up?"

"I'm sure he's fine." Onew assured. He was cursing Woohyun madly in his mind. *That idiot. Of all days, he decided not to turn up on her birthday.*

They waited some more, till there was only a minute till midnight. A minute till her birthday was over.

At that instant, a cab rolled in front of them and stopped at Woohyun's house. Yoomi brightened. "He came in time!"

The happiness in her eyes dimmed when she saw him stagger out...with a girl behind him. She flinched. *What?*

Woohyun laughed drunkenly as he wrapped his arms around the girl, who clung onto his arm shamelessly. "Tell you what Jasmine, you can scream as loud as you want tonight. My parents aren't home so it's just you..." he pointed to her while touching her lips. "And me." he smirked.

"You ert." Jasmine giggled and hit his chest.

"The ert's going to make you scream my name." Woohyun smirked as he crashed his lips on Jasmine's. His hands d her body desperately as they stumbled towards his door. Their lips were locked in a passionate battle that wasn't going to stop anytime.

They were so engrossed that they didn't notice the two figures that were watching them from the lawn beside theirs.

Two warm hands covered Yoomi's eyes, stopping the tears from continuing with their path down to her chin. Onew spun her around to face him and buried her face in his chest.

"Don't look."


 

16 May 2011

Dear Diary,

I've never felt so broken in my life.

Not even when Woohyun oppa decided not to befriend me anymore.

To watch as he kissed another woman, when he was supposed to be with me, on my birthday...

 

It hurts. Bad.