Her influence

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

"I never understood what was going through your damned mind when you said that." Hoya crossed his arms dimly.

Woohyun swallowed. He felt like he killed himself too, when he saw that scene again. Seriously, what was he thinking!!! "Well," Woohyun bit his lip. "I wanted to impress Jina, so I couldn't possibly say that Yoomi was my friend-"

L cut him off. "Why?" he challenged. "Because you found her disgraceful to you?"

Woohyun remained silent. *Yes. I was ashamed. I can't believe I even thought that.*

"You're such a bastard, you know that Woohyun?" Sunggyu shook his head. "I was so surprised when you said that as well. I couldn't believe my ears. I thought I remembered wrongly, that in reality you're only Yoomi's neighbour. But when I recalled, no. You were her best friend. BEST FRIEND." he emphasized.

Woohyun buried his face in his hands. *Damn.* he thought. *Why didn't I think before I said that in the past?*

Hoya frowned. "Let's continue." he ordered. "You've got more bastard moments, hyung."

Woohyun could remember what happened, and he dreaded watching it all over again.


 

"Why did you say Yoomi was Hoya's friend and not yours?" Sunggyu demanded. "She's your best friend if I'm not wrong!"

Woohyun remained silent. Yoomi had run off, hurt, when he had said that. She looked like he just shot an arrow through her heart or something. She looked so disappointed.

*But I can't let Jina know she's my friend, best friend at that.* he thought. *She would think I'm a loser!*

"Just a slip of tongue." Woohyun covered up.

"Slip of tongue my foot." Hoya growled. "You damn idiot. You hurt her so much you know that? I saw her crying in Onew's arms just few minutes ago. Is that what best friends do? Aren't you her best friend? Why can't you admit it to that girl? If she can't accept Yoomi's your best friend, then ask her to stop hitting on you!" he roared.

Woohyun rolled his eyes and stood up. "I can't be bothered explaining." he left.

Hoya shook his head. *I don't know Woohyun hyung anymore. What happened to the Woohyun hyung who cared and made sure Yoomi's happiness was top of his list?*




"Oh god Yoomi ah." Onew softened and took her in his arms as she sobbed uncontrollably. He really couldn't imagine her pain. After crushing on her best friend for such a long time and he didn't know, he actually denied their friendship in front of a hot girl.

That got to hurt. Bad. Really bad.

"I can't believe he said that, Jinki oppa." Yoomi cried. "Is he that ashamed of me? Why can't he be best friends with a nerd like he has always done? I don't understand. Why is he changing?"

Onew rubbed her back in a soothing fashion and patted her head. "I don't know as well." he admitted. "But if he treats you like trash, I don't think it's worth crying over it. It's not worth it, Yoomi."

"It's worth it." Yoomi said firmly. "Woohyun oppa is worth everything." she insisted.

Onew's heart cringed and he closed his eyes, patting her back. "Fine. It's worth it." he whispered. "Just...don't be sad anymore." *I can't take your tears, Yoomi. They're killing me.* he thought sadly.




It didn't take long for Woohyun and Jina to hook up.

Precisely three weeks, two days, seven hours, fifty six minutes and thirty seconds. Jina was established the Queenka of the school in no time, since she was pretty and popular. They made the perfect pair. AGAIN.

The Kingka and Queenka, what better couple is there?

That day when Woohyun denied Yoomi as her friend, she sat up awake till late at night, waiting. She thought maybe, just maybe he would climb through her window and apologize for his acts.

No matter how hurtful his reasons were, if he just appeared and said a single sorry, she would forgive him. No doubt.

But he didn't appear.

In fact, he avoided her as much as possible. Initially, he avoided her because he was ashamed of what he had blurted in that instant. He felt like he betrayed her deeply, that he wasn't worthy to talk to her.

So he seeked comfort in Jina. Jina was a miss popular from young, she just couldn't stand nerds and dorks, specifically people like Yoomi. She insulted her time and time again.

Initially, Woohyun was irritated by what she said about his best friend. But because he wanted to get into her good books, he agreed with what she said.

As time passed, he began pondering on what she said. It seemed like there really was truth in them. I mean, who looks so dorky and nerdy nowadays except losers? She's not sociable with other people besides SHINee and Infinite as well, what a unfriendly person.

BRAINWASHED.

That's what he was. He began to see Yoomi in a new light. From his best friend to someone he hated meeting in the corridors between classes.

Three weeks was all it took to erase all friendship from his mind.

"Yoomi?" Woohyun echoed. "She's a loser really. I saw her today with that Onew guy. He was eating chicken as usual, and he dropped his chicken. He stepped on his chicken, oh god how stupid can he get, and he fell down! Can you believe it? And Yoomi fell with him too! HAHAHA it was the funniest thing I've seen in my life!"

Jina laughed along with him, enjoying herself. Woohyun smiled to himself, seeing that he was able to make her laugh.

"Hey Woohyunnie." Jina smirked as she settled herself on his lap. "That Yoomi girl, why do you come to school with her if you don't like her as well? She's Hoya's friend right, not yours."

Woohyun bit his lip. "We...we've just been going to school together since we were kids." he responded.

Jina made a face. "Eww so many years with that piece of crap?" she retorted. "I don't understand why Hoya mixes with her too. He should know better."

Woohyun nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

On the other hand, at the other side of the school, Yoomi was waiting at the gates. Hoya tugged at her, wanting her to go with him. "Don't bother, Yoomi. Woohyun isn't going to come with us. Let's just go without him." he convinced.

With tears in her eyes, Yoomi left. She glanced at the school, biting her lips. *Woohyun oppa. Why... Why did you have to change?*