A new beginning

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

"Honestly, I was really curious." Sungjong nudged Woohyun. "Did you manage to get laid that night?"

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Of course. I'm Nam Woohyun. I can get in any girl's pants."

The Infinite guys rolled their eyes in unison. "I heard from those at the Prom that Lee Jina was all over you that night." Sungyeol asked, interested.

Woohyun nodded. "I guess she got a little regretful when she saw the amount of girls chanting my name." he tapped his chin. "They were screaming and tugging on my tuxedo, trying to get my attention."

Hoya bit his lip. "Honestly, I doesn't sound like an enjoyable prom."

Woohyun opened his mouth to defend himself, but found he couldn't say anything. It was true. Beneath the fame, beneath the glory, beneath the sea of girls, he wasn't happy.

He didn't enjoy himself even though he was the star of the ball. He didn't like it even though he was smiling. He felt empty even though he made the girl scream his name in his bedroom.

"Yeah. My prom ." Woohyun admitted.

The Infinite member's were surprised. They had thought Woohyun would be proud of what he did, but him admitting that he was in a way wrong... It was shocking.

Hoya kept mum. *Perhaps. Perhaps Woohyun Hyung may really be changing.*

Woohyun sighed to himself. *Come to think of it, I think my prom would be more memorable, if I went with Yoomi.*

 


 


Yoomi had been wasting her time at home, feeling really bored, when suddenly there fame a knock on the door. Yoomi blinked. She wasn't expecting anyone.

She opened the door and her jaw nearly dropped onto the floor. There were five gorgeous men smiling down at her.

Correction: Five GORGEOUS, HOT, Y, HANDSOME -BEYOND-BELIEF guys.

Yoomi felt her cheeks flush despite not being a boy crazy girl. "H-Hi." Yoomi stuttered. She slapped herself mentally, why was she stuttering now!! She had much training talking to handsome guys with training from Infinite.

The brown haired guy that looked like a girl beamed at her. "YOOMI NOONAAAAA!!!"

Yoomi froze. Only two people called her Noona. One was Sungjong from Infinite. Yoomi eyed him up and down. Nah, Sungjong doesn't look like that.

Yoomi's eyes widened. *If it isn't Sungjong...then it's TAEMIN???* "TAEMIN?" Yoomi gasped.

The brown haired guy pumped his fists in the air. "Yes!!! Noona recognized me!"

Another guy behind Taemin rolled his eyes. "I think you gave it away by calling her Noona, Taemin."

"Key Umma!" Taemin whined.

Yoomi gasped. "Key??" she pointed at him. She scrutinized the guys one by one, her jaw dropping. "SHINEE????" she shrieked. "What happened??! You guys look...look..."

"Hot, y, gorgeous?" The Dino looking handsome cute guy suggested instead of the dino looking dork.

"...Yeah!" Yoomi gulped. She looked at them in awe. "You guys look...you guys look good enough to be a Kpop boy band!"

Onew chuckled, pleased. It seems his makeover wasn't for nothing. He ruffled her hair affectionately and pulled her out of the comfort of her house.

"Even SHINee can turn from dorks to hot guys," Onew told her. "You can turn into a glamourous beauty too, Yoomi."

"Not that you aren't now." he hurriedly added.

Yoomi looked hesitant. She isn't really for changing her look, since she had a bad experience with Yoon Soyi when she was in middle school. She didn't know how she's turn out.

"Trust us, Yoomi." Onew convinced. "We're going to the university soon and we figured we're going to start it new. It can't go wrong, especially when we have Key here with us."

Yoomi glanced at Key who smiled encouragingly. "I'll turn you into a gorgeous beauty little one. Just wait for Key's magic." he winked.

 


"CURSE YOUR STUPID MAGIC, KEY!" Yoomi shrieked in agony.

Onew paced in front of the beauty parlor worriedly. He shot Key an accusing look. "Yah Key. Are you sure waxing is safe?" he demanded.

Key rolled his eyes. "Relax Hyung." he told Onew in a relaxed manner. "Your girl isn't going to die just because we pluck a few hairs out of her leg. You don't want others picking on Yoomi just because she's a nerd, you've got to give and take."

Onew grumbled under his breath. *But I don't want her to suffer, however small it is.*

"And she isn't my girl." Onew corrected.

Jonghyun laughed. "But you want her to be, Hyung. Don't lie~~" he sang. Onew made a face. "But she only wants Woohyun." he said sadly.

Minho patted the Leader's shoulder. "It's okay Hyung. Now that you look good enough to kill, you can defeat that idiot Woohyun completely!!!"

...

"Kim Kibum just how many dresses are you making me try?" Yoomi demanded as she glanced at the high mountain of dresses she had already gone through.

Key looked at her. "Not that much. Just another hundred perhaps."

"A HUNDRED??!!!"

"Yah Key just let her out already!!!" Jonghyun yelled to his Yeobo. "Onew Hyung is driving us crazy pacing around like a father waiting for his wife outside the delivery room!!!"

"Hey!" Onew protested.

"I agree Key Hyung!" Taemin whined. "Onew Hyung even strangled my banana milk and it spilt! Come save me!!"

Hearing Taemin's plea, Key's inner father (or should I say mother's) instinct acted on impulse. He looked Yoomi up and down and decided she looked not THAT bad, just wasn't as perfect as his perfectionist mind wanted.

"Fine fine." Key told the shop keeper. "Just wrap those I chose and the rest we don't want them. She'll wear this out." Yoomi's eyes widened. "Key! But that's a lot-"

"Not enough." Key clicked his tongue. "But all of us SHINee chipped in for your makeover. Shin Yoomi, we're going to turn you into a babe that'll make everyone fall for you."

The other SHINee boys were waiting excitedly outside. When Yoomi finally came out and stood before them, they didn't have any reaction. Key frowned. "Yah! Arent you going say something?" he demanded.

Taemin blinked. "Say what? Noona isn't even out yet."

Key rolled his eyes. "Dumbos. She's here." he pushed Yoomi in front of him.

201105242138311001_1.jpg

Four jaws dropped and eight eyes widened double their size. Onew couldn't keep his eyes off Yoomi for an Instant. He always thought Yoomi was cute, but he didn't think she'd look this...this...

"Beautiful." Onew gasped.

Yoomi blushed prettily. Key grinned smugly, obviously happy with his masterpiece. "What do I say, I wasted so much time being a nerd."

Jonghyun was gaping at Yoomi. "Seriously. She looks freaking amazing. She wins SNSD. Hands down." he said seriously.

Yoomi blushed redder. "Don't say that! I'm not-"

"You are." Onew took a step nearer to her. "You're beautiful Yoomi, don't doubt that. You're beautiful inside out, that's what makes your beauty even more alluring." he searched her eyes.

Yoomi felt her heart skip a beat at his intense gaze. *What's this I'm feeling again?*

"You're going to make all the guys fall for you, Yoomi." Minho praised.

Jonghyun snickered. "You already made one guy go crazy over you." he eyed Onew.

Yoomi bit her lip and stared at her own reflection.

Perhaps. Perhaps this change was a good one after all.

Perhaps this new beginning will allow her to live her life again.

Perhaps....

*Woohyun Oppa will fall for me?* she thought to herself. She shook her head. *Don't think too much Shin Yoomi."