Yoomi? She's his friend

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! We're going to be late!" Yoomi squealed, running out of her house. Hoya was already waiting for her, but Woohyun was nowhere to be found.

"Woohyun Oppa!!! Come out now!" she yelled. "We're going to be late!!"

The said guy ran out of his house, grumbling while fixing his tie. "Yeah yeah will you relax, Yoomi?" he hissed. "We're not going to be dead if we're late."

"You're not but by my morals, I am!" Yoomi shrieked. "And it's the first day of high school! We can't be late! Let's run!!" the three of them ran like a bunch of crazy dogs to the bus stop, just catching the bus.

The bus was already rather full and they didn't have any seats. They stood at the side while other students and working people came on board. "I'm so excited! We're already in high school!" Yoomi whispered enthusiastically. "And what's best is that SHINee is going to the same school as well!!"

"Pffft. SHINee." Woohyun scoffed.

Hoya ignored his hyung. "Don't be over excited Yoomi. It's just high school. The people are meaner and it's more difficult to get along with them. The line between the popular and unpopular will be drawn even more clearly than before."

"Which is why I asked you to change your look." Woohyun pursed his lips and looked at Yoomi irritably. "You've been stuck in this nerd form for so many years, Yoomi. Aren't you going to change it?"

"Change?" Yoomi echoed. "But...I feel comfortble like this now. I don't want to change." *And I'm afraid to change.* she thought, remembering how she tried to change in the past with Soyi's "help" only to have it backfire.

Woohyun threw her an exasperated look while Hoya elbowed him. "Don't worry." Hoya beamed. "You're still cute and adorable as a nerd." he assured. He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I wonder if the rest of Infinite have already reached school now."

"Infinite?" Yoomi's eyes grew wide. Through the years, she only met them once in a while when they went to Woohyun or Hoya's house. "They're going to the same high school as us?"

"Yeah." Hoya smiled. "Awesome right?"   (A/N: Just take it that all the Infinite members are the same age, k?)

"It's great." Woohyun nodded. "But it'd be even better if the girls in our school are hot babes." he smirked.

Hoya rolled his eyes while Yoomi looked away, disappointed. *Were looks that important?* she thought. Hoya punched Woohyun's arm. "You haven't learnt your lesson with Yoon Soyi? Pretty girls aren't all they look."

Woohyun snorted. "Yoon Soyi was a mistake." he told them. "That doesn't mean other girls that are pretty are mistakes too. Just as Yoomi had said, the one I've been looking for may just well be around the corner." he grinned.

Yoomi felt her heart drop. He didn't consider her as one of the girls he was looking for at all. When she meant just around the corner, she was hinting abour herself, not other people! *Why can't Woohyun oppa think of me that way?* she sighed to herself.

The bus came to a stop at a bus stop, and a few students boarded the bus. Woohyun's eyes shined as he fixed his gaze on one of the girls that came onto the bus. She was wearing the same uniform as the trio, and she too met Woohyun's eyes. She winked at him seductively, pursing her lips ever so slightly, creating a y effect.

Woohyun smirked back at her, looking insanely hot and charming. He let out a low whistle as that girl looked away. "That one's hot." he whispered to Hoya and Yoomi.

Both of them looked at the girl and frowned. *She looks like a .* Hoya thought in disapproval. *Even worse than Yoon Soyi.*

Yoomi's heart dropped even more at his comment. *Why does Woohyun oppa keep going for new girls? Other girls? Aren't I a girl?* she sighed. *At least I'm his best friend.*




"YO MAN!!!" Sungyeol shrieked as Hoya and Woohyun came into view. "I can't believe we're all in the same school! OH YEAH BABYYYY~~~"

L whacked Sungyeol's head. "You're embarrassing us even before the debut."

"Yoomi noona!" Sungjong beamed at Yoomi. "It's been ages since we saw you!" Yoomi smiled shyly at them. Even though they were considered accquainted, they weren't close and Yoomi was still a little awkward with them.

"Hi." Yoomi waved.

They chatted as they moved into the halls and collected keys for their lockers. Yoomi just got to her locker when she saw five familiar people. "Jinki oppa!" Yoomi burst out. "Hi!!!"

SHINee brightened when they saw her. Yoomi waved at Infinite and ran over to where SHINee was. Woohyun shook his head, embarrassed. "She's ruining herself on the first day by acknowlegding to everyone that she knows those dorks." he muttered.

Sunggyu raised his brows. "What's wrong with them." he blinked. "They look okay. Just a little nerdy yeah, but we shouldn't judge people based on their appearances, Woohyun."

Woohyun just rolled his eyes in response.

Yoomi on the other hand approached SHINee shyly. She knew Onew had forgiven her for stopping their friendship in the past, but she wasn't sure if the others were the same with regards to her ignoring them. "Hi." she mumbled.

She was startled when she was attacked to the locker with a powerful hug. "NOONA!!!!" Taemin squealed. "I heard from Onew hyung that you're finally going to be friends with us again! Is it true? Is it true? KKYAAAHHH NOONA I MISSED YOUUUU!!!"

Yoomi blinked and smiled. She looked at the rest of SHINee and all of them were looking at her kindly, as if they had forgotten what she had done.

"Yah yah." Onew plucked Taemin off her. "Don't be touchy." he grumbled.

Yoomi looked at them guiltily. "I'm sorry guys." she lowered her gaze. "I'm sorry for ignoring you guys. I'm sorry. I wanted to be friends with you guys, but..." she bit her lips. "I'm really sorry about it, and I hope you guys will stil want me as a friend."

"OF COURSE WE DO!" They chorused.

"It isn't often we have a female friend." Jonghyun mumbled.

Key elbowed Jonghyun. "Not so loud you idiot." he hissed.

Yoomi giggled happily. "I'm glad." she beamed. "I'm so happy that we're all in the same school SHINee oppas and Taemin!!!"

They got into a warm group hug.

...

"Hey! What's with the AND TAEMIN! Can't you just pretend I was your oppa???!"




Yoomi was sitting with Infinite at lunch. She felt rather awkward since other students were looking at her and pointing fingers again. "Why was such dork sitting with the new kingkas?"

And yes, Infinite had become kingkas of the school, in a matter of hours. Amazing really.

Yoomi lowered her head, ashamed. Hoya patted her head. "Don't mind them." he whispered.

A shadow was casted on the table while they ate. They looked up in surprise, only to find a pretty and y girl looking down at them. "Hi." she smiled charmingly. "I'm Lee Jina." She smiled at Woohyun. "We met."

Woohyun smirked. "We did."

Yoomi frowned. *They did?* She squinted at the girl for a few more moments and realised she was the girl they saw on the bus in the morning. The one that Woohyun said was hot.

"So..." Jina sat down without anyone asking her to. "What's your name, hottie?" she asked Woohyun.

"Nam Woohyun, at your service." Woohyun grinned, saluting charmingly. He looked happy that he earned a giggle from her. Jina looked at the others. "And you guys are?"

"Infinite." Sunggyu told her politely, but not warmly. "We're going to debut as a kpop group."

"Oh really?" Jina's eyes lit up. "Impressive." she looked back at Woohyun, who shrugged like it was nothing. She glanced at Yoomi in disgust. "So Woohyunnie..." she said in a sweet voice, making Yoomi flinch. "Is this...girl...your friend? I saw you taking the bus with her this morning."

Woohyun looked at Yoomi and back at Jina. He gulped.

"Oh Yoomi?" he smiled at her steadily. "No. She's just my neighbour. She's friends with Hoya, not me."

Yoomi felt like he killed her right then.