We're not bad too!

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

That day was the first day of the many other days that Yoomi has to go to school herself.

To prevent herself from meeting Woohyun and Hoya on the same bus, she woke up earlier and got to school earlier so as to avoid them. She told herself time and again, it was for their good, that's why they mustn't be friends.

But it didn't help with the hurt and loneliness.

She wondered vaguely what she did to make Woohyun detest her so much. Was it just because she was a nerd? Was he that intolerant of things that are not beautiful? Apparently. VERY intolerable.

She scooted down the hallways to her locker, trying to be a wallflower as best as she could. But people still noticed her, not for the good things though.

"Hey. Isn't that Shin Yoomi that always sticks to Hoya?" people whispered. "They always came to school together! She's alone today. I guess Hoya learnt his lesson and chose better friends?"

"Did you hear she was friends with Woohyun too?"

"No way! That nerd?"

"Yeah! Woohyun was wiser, so he broke off the friendship as soon as he knew better. Took Hoya quite a while to realize how nerdy Yoomi is, but at least he saved himself."

Yoomi pretended not to hear anything they said as she took her books and proceeded to class. Fingers were pointing at her wherever she went, and she could hear others laughing at her.

She stiffened a little when she saw Infinite walking down the hallways in the opposite direction. She met eyes with Hoya and he looked sad. He smiled a little and mouthed, "Best friends forever." It warmed Yoomi's heart and she tried to smile back, only to meet Woohyun's glaring ones.

She looked away hurriedly and scrambled to her class.

*I don't understand.* she sighed softly so no one could hear. *Am I that detestable? Am I some sort of disease?*




Lunch was a horrid affair.

Where you sat was of utmost importance in your place in the school. On one side are the kingkas and queenkas, together with their followers. The prettiest girls and the handsomest guys, which are in this case, Infinite. If you're not good-looking enough and you sit there, you're looking for an early death.

In the middle sat people who were average. Who had fun once in a while, who cared about studies, who bothered about the popularity ladder. They were the in-betweens.

At last, there were the nerds and dorks that sat at the corner of the cafeteria. Outcasted. Disliked. Detested.

If you didn't have a friend to sit with, that will be even more pathetic, especially if you're already in the Outcasted zone. Yoomi felt eyes boring into her back as she saw down quietly at the corner of the cafeteria. Other nerds were in groups of twos or threes, enjoying each other's company, but not daring to ask Yoomi to join them for fear that the dislike for Yoomi may get transferred onto themselves.

Yoomi concentrated on her soup and tried to eat her meal deliciously, but if you asked her what the soup tasted like, she couldn't tell you. Pretending that you didn't hear doesn't mean you didn't.

She was a hot topic in school now, and all praised Hoya for ditching her. Hoya watched Yoomi from afar. *I don't know what to do to make the pain go away for her.* he thought desperately.

He saw Woohyun and Jina cuddling at their table and he clenched his fists. They were the cause of Yoomi's misery. He found himself standing up, his jaw clenched tight and his fists shaking with anger. A warm touch on his back pulled him back down on his seat.

"Don't." Sunggyu shook his head at him. "For Infinite alright?" he pleaded. "Don't get into a fight with Woohyun anymore. Yoomi chose to give up the friendship for you, so respect that."

Hoya swallowed and looked down at his spagetti. That darned red thing looked freaking unappetizing.

On the other side of the cafeteria, Yoomi blinked in surprise when five trays placed themselves on the table. She stared at the five dorky but smiling faces, confused.

"Hi noona!" Taemin beamed. He looked over at her noodle and made an "O" shape with his mouth. "Your food looks good, noona!"

Yoomi blinked at him. "You're sitting here?" she blurted without thinking. She looked at all of them. "You're all sitting here?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yup." Key winked and began spreading his bread with raspberry jam skillfully and evenly. "Why, do you not welcome us?" he teased.

Yoomi shook her head. "Nonono!" she denied. "But why would you want to sit with me? I'm...Yoomi." she whispered.

Onew softened and cupped her cheeks. "That's why." he smiled gently. "Because you're Yoomi, we want to sit here. We wouldn't want to sit anywhere else. We don't care what others say about you, Yoomi. You're our friend."

"Jinki oppa..." Yoomi bit her lip, staring at him with watery eyes.

"AWWWW~~~" Jonghyun just HAD to break that moment. "You two are soooooooo cuteeeeee!!!" he grinned at them. "Hyung! Those words that you said! They were sooooo touching!!! Omona you sound like some male lead from a korean drama like My Girl or Full House!"

Onew turned red and looked down at his plate, suddenly interested in his chicken. Oh wait, he's always interested.

Minho gave Jonghyun a look. "It's not like you know what people say in My Girl and Full House." he retorted. "You don't even watch korean dramas!"

Jonghyun grinned sheepishly. "Well...about that..."

"YOU MEAN YOU BETRAYED OUR NERD PLEDGE??" Key roared all of a sudden. "Nerds are supposed to watch documentaries and the news! Not cheesy romantic korean dramas! Kim Jonghyun are you asking to be kicked out of SHINee the nerd gang??!"

"I'm sorry Yeobo I won't do it again!!!" Jonghyun pleaded. "I pledge across my nerdy heart and soul, I won't ever turn out to be hot and y!"

Yoomi couldn't take it and burst out laughing. The SHINee members blinked at her. "That was funny?" Jonghyun blinked.

"YEAH!" Yoomi giggled. "You two sounded like husband and wife!"

Jonghyun and Key looked at each other for a second. Yoomi expected them to pretend to puke or something, but they suddenly hugged each other and faced her. "LOOKS LIKE YOU FOUND OUT OUR SECRET! JONGKEY IS REAL!" they beamed in unison.

It was Yoomi's turn to blink at them, horrified.

"They're just kidding." Onew whispered, making Yoomi finally let out a LARGE sigh of relief.

"HAHAHA you should have seen your face!" Key and Jonghyun high-fived. "It was epic!"

Yoomi stuck out her tongue playfully and giggled. Onew smiled as he watched her. *It's good to see her smile.*

A Banana Milk appeared in front of Yoomi and she looked up at Taemin curiously. "Noona," Taemin smiled. "You should know, Banana Milk is my favouritest favourite lurbliest thingsy in the world right?" he beamed. "But I'm giving this to you, so sit with us from now on! I'll give you my banana milk in exchange! Neh noona???" he pleaded.

Yoomi laughed and nodded. "I guess that's alright with me."

"Told you we're not bad too!" Jonghyun elbowed Key. "We can fight with Infinite!!"

 

 

---
 

Good news and bad news!

Bad news: No updates this coming week because it's going to be my exams.

Good news: New fic! :D

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife [CLICK]

I've managed to cramp this one foreword out before the tests and I hope you guys will check it out while I'm temporarily away! Fighting! <3