Her new look

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"Yes sir." Yoomi and the SHINee boys bowed respectfully.

The manager smiled at them, pleased. "Okay. Now go to work." he shooed them off. He watched the six temporary workers and smiled. They were really a good looking bunch of people, and there wasn't a doubt that they'd attract a whole lot more customers.

Yoomi and the SHINee boys flitted off to do their respective tasks. They had graduated from High School and they had some time before university. They decided to take a summer job for the time being to earn extra money, and they found part time job at a five star cafe.

The manager had at first been rather put off that teenagers that were only nineteen were wanting to work with them. But when he saw the "kids", he changed his mind immediately.

After the makeover, SHINee and Yoomi looked good enough to be some sort of Kpop star. There was definitely going to be a sharp increase of customers coming just for these cute waiters and waitress.

"Hi, one cheesecake and a latte." a young looking business man in his early twenties ordered. Yoomi nodded and bowed. "Neh. The order will becoming right up." she smiled.

The man seemed momentarily blinded by her beauty and he blinked. His gaze landed on her name tag. *Shin Yoomi.* before he knew it, his newspaper was laid forgotten on the table while he was staring blatantly at her while she got his order ready.

Minjo nudged Onew who had been brewing coffee. "Hey. Some young boss got his eyes on Yoomi." he whispered.

Onew turned and his blood boiled. That man was seeking death!! How dare he stare and drool at (Onew's) Yoomi!!! Onew flexed his muscles and prepared to storm over.

"Hey Yoomi ah. I'll serve that guy." he took the orders without waiting for Yoomi's response and stormed over to the still blatantly staring guy.

"Your order. Sir." he slammed the tray on the table. The man jumped in shock. "Eh? Isn't that cute girl going to serve me?" he blurted.

Onew flashed his death glare that he didn't even know his face could conjure into. "No. I'm not going to let her get eaten by a lecher like you." he stated, before striding off, leaving the poor man speechless.

Yoomi blinked at the exchange. *Eh? Is that the Jinki Oppa I know. Jinki Oppa never gets angry.* she scratched her bead confusedly.

Onew came back and stared seriously at her. "You're not allowed to attend to any customer that's male. Okay??" he demanded.

Yoomi nodded, not wanting to be on the wrong side of Onew's wrath. She nudged Taemin who was rearranging the tarts on the display softly. "Hey. Why is Jinki Oppa so mad? I couldn't hear what he said to the man, but now that man doesn't even dare to lift his head from the newspaper."

Taemin gave Yoomi a cute grin. "There's a lot of things you don't know, Noona. Especially regarding Onew Hyung's feelings."

Yoomi blinked. She just got more confused than ever.

True to his word, Onew really never let Yoomi attend to any male customers. They were all drooling at her though, and knew cursed Key in his mind for doing such a great job at beautifying the already beautiful Yoomi.

There came an instant when he was suddenly needed in the kitchen. The cooks spilt the stew and needed help in clearing up, so the three older SHINee boys went to help.

It was just so that it was the cafe's peak period and there came a large influx of customers. Taemin and Minho couldn't manage with all the male customers themselves. There was a lone man at the corner of the cafe wearing sunglasses that was tapping his fingers irritably waiting to be served.

Yoomi saw that the others were busy, so she took the initiative to approach the customer. "Good Afternoon. Sorry for the delay. May I have your order?"

The man tutted his lips. "Your service is terrible. I've been waiting for a full minute since I've been seated."

Yoomi bowed. "Jeongmal Jwesonghabnida." she bowed.

"Oh yeah you better-" The man faltered when he looked up at her. His eyes searched her face and his lips twitched upwards. "Wow." he muttered.

Yoomi on the other hand, also froze up. Even with the sunglasses, she recognized him. She recognized him anywhere. Of course she would, she had been loving him since forever. *Woohyun Oppa?*

Woohyun whipped off his sunglasses and threw her his eye smile. "Hey beautiful." he winked. "Sorry for my bad display of mannerism. I started off the wrong way. I would never treat a beautiful lady that way."

Yoomi blinked. "Eh?" *Beautiful? Did Woohyun Oppa just call me....beautiful?*

The waitress's innocent puzzled face drew Woohyun more. He bit his lip. *I've never seen such a girl so pretty and innocent looking at the same time. She gives off this pure aura that's ...a little similar to Yoomi.*

Woohyun shook his head. *Darn nerd. Even intruding my thoughts when I'm trying to bag a girl.*

"What time do you get off?" Woohyun inquired. "Oppa wants to send you home, can't let a beautiful lady go home herself."

"I....I.." Yoomi stuttered. She never expected Woohyun to flirt with her!!! Not even in her dreams!

"Don't be shy." Woohyun cooed, taking her hand in his. "Oppa doesn't bite. Oppa will treat you well-" he glanced at her nametag. "Yoomi."

Woohyun froze while Yoomi gulped. His brows furrowed slightly. "Shin...Yoomi." he repeated.

Confusion flashed in his face and he stared at her in disbelief. "You can't be-" he gasped.

"Yah Yoomi didn't I tell you not to attend to any male customers???" Onew appeared out of nowhere. He grabbed Yoomi's hand from Woohyun's grip.

"Jinki Oppa..." Yoomi bit her lip.

Onew turned to glare at the customer who dared touch Yoomi, and his eyes widened. "Nam Woohyun? What are you doing here?"

Woohyun's eyes were opened so wide, they got to hurt. His gaze darted between Yoomi and Onew. "What the happened to both of you?" he blurted.

Ones shrugged. "Key made us undergo a makeover." he told him. He stood in front of Yoomi. "But don't think you can get in Yoomi's pants just because she's beautiful now."

"Like hell I would." Woohyun spat. "I wouldn't want her even if she's the last female on earth."

*Lies.* Woohyun peeked at Yoomi from the corner of his eye. *She's so blindingly beautiful now. Why didn't I see it before?*

Yoomi looked away, hurt. Woohyun stood up abruptly and glared at the both of them. "I don't want to eat in a cafe where they employ people like this." he spat, before striding out.

His mind was in a whirl. He didn't know what to think. There's this gush of emotions that just hit him without warning and he didn't know what to do.

Once he stepped outside the cafe, he whipped out his phone.

"Hello? Yoona right?" he said in a husky voice. "I'm free tonight. I need distraction. Get a hotel room and wait for me there."

He cursed under his breath and drove off.


 

12 July 2010

Dear Diary,

It seems that there really isn't any possibility of Woohyun Oppa falling for me.

Even when I'm like this, when I'm not a nerd, when at least fifteen guys ask for my number each day...

He doesn't want me.

Is it a signal that I should give up?