Girls

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

As time passed, people matured.

The three of them entered middle school together, three thirteen year olds acting like three years old as they skipped hand in hand together to school.

Hoya and Woohyun turned even more handsome, looking absolutely charming even though they were just thirteen year old boys.

Yoomi still looked dorky and nerdy since she still didn't bother with her looks. Her hair was an untidy ahjuma hairstyle and she still wore those ancient looking glasses.

The other girls in school however, already started to doll themselves up. The normal school uniform given to students were a no-no. Certain measures HAD to be done before they were able to get to school.

1. Get a cute stylish haircut and cute school bag.

2. Get equipped with information on all new "IN" trends.

3. Know how to giggle like a cause that's how you attract the guys.

4. Personalize your uniform. Unsually by a cute pink bow, or shortening your skirt to above your thighs.

Yoomi didn't do a single of those, and she couldn't click with any of the girls at all. When they saw her coming, they snorted and laughed at her like she was some sort of clown.

Even though that smile still remained on her face, she was actually bothered by what they said.

Because no matter how thick that wall was around her heart, she was still human.

"Eotteohke? Hoya Oppa?" Yoomi pouted as they waited together for Woohyun to get off school to go home together. "I don't know anything the other girls are talking about at all. I can't click with them at all."

Yoomi leaned against the wall sadly while Hoya watched her in amusement. "What happened to you again?"

"Today the girls were talking about kpop idols." Yoomi puffed her cheeks defiantly. "They were talking about BoA, ShinHwa, H.O.T., DBSK and all. I wanted to join in the conversation too, so I added some facts about BoA... but it turns out the BoA they were talking about was a person BoA and not that snake Boa constrictor."

(A/N: You must understand, it's 2004 and all the bands we know now hasn't debuted yet except for DBSK who debuted the day after christmas in 2003.)

"What?" Hoya couldn't help himself and burst into laughter. "Oh my god Yoomi ah. Didn't you know BoA? She's so famous!"

Yoomi pouted and turned to face the wall. "I didn't know that's why I said what I said!" she whined. "I'm so ashamed Hoya Oppa! I'm a frog in a well, I don't know anything at all..."

Hoya just ruffled her hair and turned her to face him. "What others think don't matter Yoomi ah." he said sincerely. "Don't change yourself for those shallow people. Woohyun hyung and I like you for who you are, that's why we are best friends, right?"

A genuine smile appeared on Yoomi's face. "Thank you Hoya Oppa." she whispered.

 


Woohyun was getting more and more popular amongst the girls. He was good at entertaining them with his gentlemanly acts, and fan service.

Hoya was pretty popular with the girls too but since he ignored them all the way, they didn't dare to approach him, compared to how they clung on incessantly to Woohyun.

When Woohyun went to meet Hoya and Yoomi, he didn't come alone. A whole group...uh no, stampede of girls followed behind him. Yoomi was still uncomfortable with the amoung of attention he was getting from those girls.

She didn't mind them before because Woohyun didn't pay them much attention, like Hoya. But now, Woohyun suddenly turned into a fan service prince.

He paid attention to them and replied to all their incessant questions.

It made him even more popular, because all of his female fans had this wrong impression that he MIGHT just ask them out. He gave them hope, which made them attach themselves firmly by his side.

"Woohyun Oppa.. you're late again." Yoomi noted, a little displeased.

Woohyun shrugged. "I had to answer questions from the ladies." he winked at them, sending a wave of giddiness. Yoomi looked away, irritated.

"Bye girls! If you have any questions, ask Woohyun Oppa tomorrow!" he waved. The girls shrieked and squealed in delight. "BYE WOOHYUN OPPAAAAA~~~"

The three of them walked out of school together, one scowling (Yoomi), one rolling his eyes (Hoya) and one with a foolish stupid smile plastered on his face (Woohyun).

"I didn't know... you were THAT popular with girls, Woohyun Oppa." Yoomi muttered.

Woohyun grinned and poked her forehead. "Yah is my bestie jealous?" he teased, causing Yoomi to turn red. She slapped his hand away and felt her cheeks grow hot.

He swung his arms round Hoya and Yoomi and tugged them along as they walked. "Don't worry my two besties! You two will forever be my number one!" he cheered.

Hoya just scoffed while a sweet smile appeared on Yoomi's face. She was just that gullible. One sentence, and she'll believe you with her life.

"How you're able to stand those fan girls is beyond me." Hoya shook his head. "In Elementary School, it wasn't that bad. Now all of them look like they're turning into plastic barbie dolls and never letting their bare skin see light, by burying it in tons of makeup. It's horrifying."

"It's a process of growing up!" Woohyun exclaimed wisely, as if he was some sort of professor who studied on child behavioral characteristics, when he was just a child himself.

"Everyone becomes like that Hoya, it's no big deal." Woohyun shrugged. "Besides, they give me a lot of gifts, and I see no reason to say no to treats like chocolate and cookies."

"I don't know.." Hoya shrugged. "If there are fangirls squealing for me, I don't want it to be only because of my looks. I want it to be because of some talent of mine."

"Suit yourself." Woohyun made a face and pulled Yoomi with him, sharing the chocolates he got from his fangirls.

Yoomi smiled while savouring the sweetness in , but couldn't tell why through the sweetness, her heart was bitter.