Cold war

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

"Oh wow." Sunggyu gaped. "Okay, I didn't know that happened."

"Me too." Sungjong frowned. He looked at Woohyun accusingly. "Why didn't you tell us you were friends with Yoomi again?"

Woohyun looked a little intimidated. "This is exactly the reason."

Hoya shook his head. "Damn jerk. Seeing this again doesn't make it look any worse."

"You knew he went back to Yoomi?" L asked Hoya. Hoya nodded. "Yeah. I was freaking damn pissed, but you can see that in a while."

Sungyeol looked at Woohyun curiously. "What made you want her back again, Woohyun hyung?" he asked. "You hated her so much before, it was frightening. But now, you suddenly want her back. Just because she became pretty again you want her, hyung?" he asked tauntingly.

Woohyun bit his lip. "I don't think it's that, but when she had that makeover, I think she looks exactly outside as she was inside. For such a long time, I forgot what the real Yoomi inside was like. So when I saw her innocent and pure exterior, I was suddenly reminded of that Yoomi I knew in the past.

"That's why?" Dongwoo shot Woohyun an incredulous look. "It sounds freaking lame to me."

Woohyun groaned. "I'm confused too okay?" he snapped. "I don't know why I did that. It doesn't make sense. None of these make sense. It's maddening."

Hoya patted his shoulder. "It's going to be fine, hyung. You'll understand soon."


 

Yoomi was literally skipping to school the next day.

Her smile was so bright and cheerful, they really didn't need to switch on any of the lights in school, because her smile would just brighten everything up.

The fanboys noticed her difference and even more of them surrounded her that day. It was obvious that she was in a good mood, and they hoped that good mood would land them in a date with her.

However, Yoomi refused them all like she always did. This time, she thought of Woohyun and she giggled to herself.

He had insisted to sleep with her in the same bed till morning, and snuck off before Mrs Shin could realize. He had even ensured her he wouldn't do anything to her, and had held her the whole night.

It felt safe. Warm. Satisfying.

Yoomi felt herself falling for Woohyun all over again. She met his gaze and she saw his lips slightly twitch up in a mirco smile that was exclusively for her. She felt her heart racing and she fought the urge to squeal.

Woohyun turned away as if he loathed her again, and walked off. The Infinite members didn't notice the small exchange and thought Woohyun was hating her just as he did in the past.

Yoomi giggled to herself. *This feels like a dream.*

"What are you laughing to yourself about?"

Yoomi turned behind in surprise. Onew raised a brow amusedly at her. "What are you laughing about, Yoomi?" he chuckled.

The other SHINee members raced past her and waved, dodging from fangirls. Taemin waved cutely at her. "Hi Noona!" he called before running off.

Onew was the only one that wasn't attacked by fangirls. Not because he wasn't good-looking enough. But because the fangirls knew whatever they did, he would never reprociate their feelings. He was hopelessly in love with Yoomi and anyone could see that, except Yoomi herself.

Yoomi bit back a smile. "Something really good." she answered his question.

Onew looked pleased that she was smiling so happily and he laughed along with her. His happiness seemed really genuine, as if he was really happy when she was.

"What is it?" he asked.

Yoomi squealed and leaned closer. "Don't tell anyone alright." she whispered. "Woohyun oppa and I are friends again."

Onew froze. *What? The jerk and her? What the hell is happening?*

"What the ?" Onew cursed without knowing.

Yoomi nodded, ignorant. "I know!" she giggled. "I thought I was dreaming when he climbed through my window into my room and asked to be friends again. He apologized for being such a jerk in the past, you know, Jinki oppa. And we even cuddled each other to sleep!"

All colour was drained from Onew's face. "You what?" his voice became an octave higher.

"It's so sweet right?" Yoomi giggled to herself. "I think I just died and went to heaven. Woohyun Oppa is friends with me again!"

"Then why can't I tell anyone else?" Onew demanded. This sounds really suspicious to him.

"He said that the Infinite members will make fun of him." Yoomi told him. "And other girls might misunderstand since Woohyun doesn't have any friends that are girls. So they might think we're something more and don't approach him anymore."

"And you agreed?" Onew couldn't stop the anger in his voice.

"Yeah!" Yoomi nodded brightly. "What's wrong? Woohyun oppa wants to be friends, isn't that a good thing?"

Onew took a deep breath and held Yoomi by her shoulders. "It is a good thing. It's a great thing. But if he really wants to be friends he shouldn't care about what others think, he shouldn't care about his pride!" he snapped. "He's still a jerk, Yoomi. You're not going to get any happier with him!"

Yoomi's face hardened. "How can you say that Jinki oppa! You don't even know Woohyun oppa!"

"And do you?" Onew snapped. "After so many years, after he changed into such a mean person, can you say that you know him? You don't ! You don't know who the hell is Nam Woohyun anymore! Don't indulge yourself in such nonsense Yoomi."

"You're so mean!" Yoomi cried angrily. "I'm not talking to you again!" she huffed and ran away.

Onew sighed and buried his face in his hands. *What the hell is happening now!*

Yoomi ran away, her heart aching. *I need Woohyun oppa.* she sobbed. *Only when I'm with Woohyun oppa, can I forget the pain Jinki oppa brought me.*

 

 

-------------------

-----------------

Annyeong peeps! I need some help here in deciding the next characters of my next fic.

It's going to feature a sibling pair, an older and younger brother, who will become the main of the fic. I must remind you that the older brother is the main, while the younger brother will become the supporting lead alright?

The first name shown on the poll will be the older brother, while the second name will be the younger brother.

(Perhaps you should base your choices on the OLDER BROTHER because he's going to be main after all.)

http://micropoll.com/t/KEt4cZLYJ9

Please help by going to this site to vote! (:

If this is the first time you're seeing this notice, please read.

I've had someone trying to spam the votes for Jaejoong and Chunji respectively. I can't imagine how someone would just click the same thing for more than 400 to 500 times. It's mad.

I won't tolerate anything like this. Don't you think it's unfair to the others who want someone else? That's the point of the vote isn't it? To get a fairer choice with views from everyone.

I've created a new poll in hope of a better result this time. I can't use the AFF poll since my browser doesn't support it. I will trust you guys once again. Please don't abuse my trust like this. If spamming occurs again, I'll just take my own choice okay?