Something more

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

"Seriously? A friendly kiss?" Hoya roared. He didn't know of this part till now. "What the hell is that? It's a freaking kiss!"

Woohyun turned red. "Well, there are different types of kisses."

"But friends don't kiss." Sunggyu protested. "At least not in that romantic way which you did."

"Honestly, what made you kiss her again?" L asked, interested. "What made you befriend her again?"

Woohyun bit his lip. "I really don't know. That moment, she looked so pretty and stunningly beautiful, and her lips were like drawing me closer. I didn't think, I just did it."

"True words of a player." Dongwoo shook his head. "You're an airhead, Woohyun."

Woohyun lowered his gaze. He didn't know. He hadn't felt that feeling before. At that instant, nothing felt more right to him than to kiss her.

*Why did I do that?* Woohyun frowned.

 



The Infinite members were practicing in their practice rooms. It was becoming a little boring, since they practiced the same routine over and over again.

But bring professionals, they didn't complain and instead aimed to perfect every single step.

They were resting, taking a break when Sungjong asked Woohyun," Hyung, where did you go last night?"

Woohyun stiffened. "What?"

"It was your birthday yesterday, we thought we were going to celebrate it with you by going to have a feast like the other years, but you disappeared after the recording."

"Yeah." Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Woohyun. "Where did you go?"

"Ah haha." Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck. "Just out. Dinner. And stuff."

"With a girl?" Sungyeol wriggled his brows in a teasing manner that made Woohyun turn slightly red.

"Yeah." Woohyun nodded, trying to look nonchalant, but his pink cheeks betrayed him.

Hoya was looking at Woohyun, curious. Their playboy Hyung actually spent his birthday with a girl, and he's getting embarrassed about it.

Woohyun had always spent important occasions like his birthday with the Infinite members. Even if he had a girl, he would bring the girl with him to join the members. And not have a separate celebration alone with her.

*This girl must be special.* Hoya thought to himself. *I wonder who it is.*

Woohyun managed to change the topic by diverting it to the latest comeback of the SNSD girls. The other Infinite member's began drooling when thinking of the girl's long legs and they were envious of Woohyun who had all the SNSD girl's contacts.

Woohyun shrugged instead of proudly bragging about his celebrity contact list, which was indeed weird. He seemed to have a lot on his mind, or rather someone on his mind, constantly.

He went out to get a drink from the vending machine. He pulled his phone out and twirled it in his fingers thoughtfully before deciding to call.

"Hey Yoomi." Woohyun smiled when she picked up.

Yoomi sounded surprised that he called. "Woohyun Oppa? What's up?"

"Nothing much." Woohyun admitted. *I don't even know what made me call.* "Ah...this is lame. I must be disturbing your study time."

"Not really." Yoomi answered cheerfully. "You must be practicing right, Woohyun Oppa? Fighting!" she exclaimed cutely.

Woohyun chuckled. "Alright. Go back to your books. Fighting too, Shin Yoomi." he got off the phone with a large smile on his face.

He got his drink and turned around, only to find Hoya staring at him. Hoya had gone for a drink too, only to hear Woohyun laughing on the phone. He looked so happy and sweet.

*Almost like he's in love.* Hoya thought. *It must be the girl that he spent time with yesterday.*

Hoya crept closer to listen for more, only to her Yoomi's name. His blood turned cold. "Yoomi?" he repeated.

Woohyun gulped at Hoya, his face equally pale. "Hey." he tried to act naturally. Hoya strode towards Woohyun and glared at him. "You're in contact with Yoomi now?" he demanded.

Woohyun nodded slowly. He didn't want any one to know. What would people think? He pushed her away and now he wants her back. It's embarrassing.

"Why don't we know of it?" Hoya demanded. "Is she the girl you spent your birthday with?"

Woohyun nodded again. "I...told her not to tell anyone. It's kind of a secret friendship now."

"And why?" Hoya asked, completely baffled.

"It's embarrassing." Woohyun shrugged. "To push her away and want her back. And other girls won't approach me if they saw her by my side."

Hoya's face turned dark. "So it's for your personal gain once again." he snarled. "Why don't you listen to your heart, Hyung. It's so freaking obvious to me what's happening but you don't know!"

"What is?" Woohyun asked, frowning.

Hoya sighed. "It isn't fair to Yoomi if you keep the friendship a secret, Hyung." he advised. "Yoomi may not show it, but I'm sure it hurts. And it isn't being fair to yourself either, since what you feel for her is clearly something more."

Hoya patted Woohyun's shoulder and strode off, leaving the latter to ponder in his own thoughts.

 


Yoomi was surprised to find Onew waiting for her outside the school. She approached him cautiously, since they were still having their cold war.

"Isn't the rest of SHINee around?" She asked, looking behind him.

Onew shook his head. "I told them to go home first." he took her bag from her. "Come on. I'll send you home."

Yoomi blinked at him.

Onew raised a brow amusedly. "Your parents went for a trip with Hoya and Woohyun's parents for two months right?" he asked. "I'm worried that you're staying in an empty house surrounded by more empty one's. I'll send you home from now."

Yoomi walked beside him, biting her lips. "Aren't you...mad at me? Jinki Oppa?" she squeaked.

Onew turned to her with an unreadable expression. "I can never get mad at you, Yoomi." he said softly.

Yoomi missed the underlying meaning and hugged his arm. "You're the best Jinki Oppa! I hope my favorite Oppa and Woohyun Oppa will be good friends too! You're the best!"

Onew smiled bitterly. *Friends. When will that turn to something more?*

 

----

KYAAA I finally have a solution for the spamming of votes! I'm sorry if it's becoming a chore to you guys to have to continue voting so many times, but even after the rant, the second poll's result seemed rather ... suspicious. I mean, Jjong was third with 24% one night and the next morning he was first with 39%?

I can't be actually sure if there was spamming the second time round, but I'm still highly suspicious. Perhaps there was none and Jjong was just THAT charming (can't deny), but I really want a fair result.

So, here's the link to the AFF poll. Since I can't copy the poll here, I ask that you guys go vote for it manually. Can you guys please do that for me?

REMINDER: I WILL NOT take the other polls I've posted till now, into consideration because I think the AFF poll is the fairest.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/20203

I'm really sorry for the bother but I really want the result to be fair and a good representative of what everyone wants.