3 minus 1

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"Noona." Taemin nudged Yoomi, breaking her out of her thoughts. "What are you thinking about again? You're always blanking out!" he pouted.

Yoomi bit her lip, embarrassed. "I'm sorry. I was just thinking."

"Of Woohyun again?" Key asked, rolling his eyes. "Don't think about that jerk, Yoomi. He chose to abandon your friendship, not you."

Onew shook his head at Key, frowning. "Yoomi ah." he settled beside her. "Although what Key said was rather crude, but it makes sense. Don't think about it."

Yoomi shook her head. "How can I not think about it?" she asked. "We were best friends! Then he had a girlfriend and I turned from his number one to number two. Then he started to think badly of me. And now, he ignores me totally! I..."

Onew patted her head. His heart was aching seeing how she was hurting. Why did that darn Woohyun have to be such a jerk to her?

Yoomi sighed and bade them goodbye when the class ended.

*If only you didn't fall for him, Yoomi.* Onew thought.




"Do you think he'll come? Don't you think it's a great idea?" Yoomi tugged on Hoya's arm.

Hoya sighed as he turned to face Yoomi. "What makes you think he'll come, Yoomi?" he asked, painfully. He didn't want to hurt her, but the reality was shouting at them in their faces. Woohyun was different, that Woohyun they knew was never going to come back.

"When we were in middle school and you organized a movie night, he didn't turn up because he had Yoon Soyi." he recalled. "Then, he was still your best friend. Maybe he didn't pay you as much attention, but he was still your friend. Now, he totally ignores you and sees you as dirt. Do you think he'll come?"

Yoomi flinched. "Aww come on Hoya oppa." she pretended to smile. "Just...help me will you?" she pleaded. "Just ask him to come. I want to see him, even if he doesn't want to talk to me." she whispered.

Hoya sighed and hugged her painfully. *I really don't want to do this, Yoomi. If your hopes get up, you'll be even more disappointed.*

"Please, Hoya oppa?"

*That darned pleading voice again.* Hoya sighed inwardly. "Fine." he finally agreed. "I'll talk to him during practice later."




"Hey Woohyun hyung." Hoya tossed Woohyun a bottle when they were taking a break during dances. "Thanks." Woohyun wiped his perspiration with a towel and messaged Jina.

Hoya bit his lip and glanced at the members for help. Dongwoo made a fighting sign while Sungyeol wriggled his eyebrows to urge him to continue.

"Erm Woohyun hyung." Hoya started again. "Are you free tonight? Want to go for a movie night?" he suggested in an innocent tone.

Woohyun looked up, smiling. "Sure, why not?" he beamed. "Can I bring Jina too? And make sure there's some spare room at the back for us to make out in the middle!" he joked.

The rest of Infinite flinched. *EWWWW.* their minds were thinking of the same thing. They're a team alright.

"So," Woohyun looked at Hoya again. "Who's going? The rest of the members?"

Hoya his lips nervously. "Erm...no." he coughed awkwardly. "Just me...and Yoomi."

Woohyun stiffened at the last name. He hasn't said Yoomi's name unless he was talking bad about her with Jina. It sounded so foreign now that her name was in a sentence that wasn't talking about something negative.

"Yoomi?" he raised his brows. "You're still friends with that girl?"

"That girl?" Hoya repeated, growling softly. "That girl's our friend!"

"Not anymore." Woohyun tutted. "I've set my sights on better things. Yoomi's pulling me back. She's a loser, why can't you see it? Don't be friends with her anymore, Hoya. She isn't worth your time."

"Isn't worth my time?" He snarled. "If anyone's wasting my time, it's you. I can't believe how you've changed, hyung. It's just a little more than a month since you've known Jina. That brainwashed you that much? I can't believe you actually described her as scum the other day. Yoomi is our friend Nam Woohyun!"

"She's not!" Woohyun snapped. "She's a loser! A BIG FAT LOS-" Before he could complete that sentence, a fist came flying Woohyun's face. He held his jaw and glared at Hoya. "You hit me?" he asked in disbelief. "You hit me because of that loser?"

"She's not a loser." Hoya snarled. "She's a precious girl that even bothered to organise this movie night in hope of seeing you again. She's wasting her time. A bastard like you won't turn up."

"You got that right." Woohyun smirked. "I won't go, because it isn't worth my time. I might as well spend it with Jina. I'm telling you, Hoya, as your hyung. Stop being friends with Yoomi. You're degrading yourself and Infinite."

"No." Hoya hissed dangerously. "I'm not a jerk like you that can forget our friendship. I'm going to stick with Yoomi till-"

A punch flew to Hoya's face. Soon, Woohyun and Hoya were punching and kicking each other in a viscious fight. It wasn't until the manager came that they stopped.




"He isn't coming, Yoomi. Don't wait anymore." Hoya pleaded.

She didn't notice his wounds on his face because he begged Epik High's makeup artist that was in the same company to help him cover up. It was late, too late for another movie. Too late to try to gain that friendship back.

"He might come, Hoya oppa." Yoomi whispered.

"HE WON'T!" Hoya roared angrily. "I don't know how many times I must say this, but don't place hopes on Woohyun anymore, Yoomi! He isn't the same Nam Woohyun we befriended in the past!"


3 March 2007

Dear Diary,

He didn't come.