Young Dreams

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

The choosing of group members dilemma was soon forgotten. Yoomi had buried the hurt she felt when Woohyun chose his girlfriend over her when he apologized to her that night by climbing through her window again.

Hoya was of course displeased, but he didn't want to make a fuss, creating redundant fights amongst them.

Woohyun seemed to be really guilty about choosing Soyi in hos group instead of Yoomi, and he had actually tried to make ip for it by organizing some event for the three best friends again. No Yoon Soyi. No other distractions.

Hoya was glad that his Hyung was back with them again, while Yoomi's happiness or rather, her estatic expression could not be described by mere words. The thought of spending tome with her favourite Woohyun Oppa again brought more than just a smile to her face.

It brought anticipation. Excitement. Desire. And any other feeling a girl in love could have.

"So where should we go?" Woohyun asked, scratching his head while smiling at Yoomi. "Since this is planned for me to apologize to Yoomi, our dear Yoomi will choose the destination!"

Yoomi grinned happily, her cheeks flushed. "I don't mind anything." she said honestly. "As long as we can spend time together."

Hoya gave her a look. Sometimes she found her easy-going ways endearing, but sometimes he felt she should just have an opinion of her own.

"Come on Yoomi!" Woohyun nudged her playfully. "Just choose a destination! It's for you!" he tapped her nose, sending shivers throughout her body unknowingly.

"Hmm, how about the movies?" he asked. "Or arcade? Or the beach?" he furrowed his brows thoughtfully. "I know!" his face lit up. "Let's go to the noraebang!"

He beamed at Yoomi. "Where do you want to go Yoomi ah?"

"Would you like to go to the noraebang, Woohyun Oppa?" Yoomi asked, noting how excited he was when he suggested that option.

Woohyun grinned, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm fine with anything." he smiled. "But noraebang is seriously a JJANG choice!" he said seriously.

His face was so easy to read. It was obvious that he really wanted to go to noraebang, but since the event wasn't planned for him, he didn't dare decide things.

But to Yoomi, it didn't matter where they went. As long as he was there. "Let's go to the noraebang then." she decided.

Woohyun punched the air in delight. "Awesome!" he cheered. "Great minds think alike Yoomi ah! I was thinking of noraebang too!" he pulled Yoomi along excitedly.

Hoya trailed behind, shaking his head amused. *Great minds don't think alike. It's just Yoomi's mind will think what Woohyun wants.*

 



"Once I say I love you I think you would be gone, oh baby~" Woohyun sang. (DBSK-Hug. Figured it'd be out by then)

Yoomi cheered excitedly, happy to see her love of her life enjoying himself. Woohyun had an exceptional voice, and it was just so soothing and soulful even for his age.

He finished the song and beamed at the both of them. "How was it how was it?"

Yoomi put both her thumbs up. "JJANG!" she praised. Hoya nodded in agreement. "Your voice is really good, Hyung. I didn't know you sang that well."

"I remember you singing lullabies to me when we were young Woohyun Oppa." Yoomi beamed. "I slept well because of your awesome voice!"

Woohyun smiled. He was enjoying singing, he couldn't lie that using his voice not for talking, but as a musical instrument proved to have caught his interest.

"Why not let Yoomi sing?" Hoya asked. "This is planned for her anyway. She should have a chance at the mike."

Yoomi shook her head. She could see that Woohyun enjoyed singing, and she didn't want to steal the chance from him. Times at noraebangs were precious since it wasn't that cheap.

"It's okay." she smiled assuringly. "I enjoy listening to Woohyun Oppa sing. Oppa, sing another song!" she urged.

Woohyun grinned. "Well since the crowd has requested-"

"What crowd? Is Hyung mad?" Hoya commented.

"I shall grant your request," Woohyun continued, completely ignoring Hoya. "And bring another sensational hit to this universe!!"

"Oh man. Hyung's mad," Hoya muttered.

Yoomi clapped her hands happily as Woohyun climbed onto the couch. He began singing dbsk's "Rising sun," his voice easily hitting Changmin's high notes.

Soon, a small crowd was gathered outside their room, watching while Woohyun sang. The walls were thin, and the other customers in other rooms had heard this beautiful young voice, and came to listen for more.

Woohyun noticed a crowd gathering and listening to him, and he smiled at them, waving while singing, as if he was an idol. He sent a wink, and the other adults who came to listen laughed heartily.

When he finished, he ended it with a bow. Cheers erupted and praises rained on him.

"You sing well, young man." an Ahjusshi patted Woohyun's shoulder before leaving.

When everyone has left, the look on Woohyun's face was one that Yoomi has never seen before. Excitement. Exhilaration. Anticipation.

"I know what I want to be when I grow up now." Woohyun gushed, his eyes shining. "You don't understand. Even though it was a small crowd there, but when all of their attention was on me, listening, I felt so powerful."

He took a deep breath. "I want to be a singer." he said firmly.

Yoomi could see the passion and desire burning in his eyes. Instead of laughing at him like what other children would have done, she smiled.

"You can do it, Woohyun Oppa."

 


THE PRESENT

"So that's how you knew you wanted to be a singer, Hyung?" Sungjong asked interested.

Woohyun nodded. "The feeling on having people's eyes focused on me, it felt so powerful." he recalled.

Hoya chuckled to himself. "Now that I think of it, isn't Yoomi the reason why you wanted to be a singer?" he asked. "Because you wanted to apologize, we went to the noraebang. If not, you'll just be Nam Woohyun who no one knows."

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "It's not the same." he defended. "I would have debuted just fine even without Yoomi on my life."

Hoya gave him a look. "Looks like you forgot, Nam Woohyun." he hissed. "Yoomi was the reason why you got onto Woolim Entertainment. She isn't only the reason for your newfound passion at that time, she was the reason for your determination."

"Looks like we have to refresh your memories again." he sighed as the next memory began playing.