Trying again

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Yoomi had lived till her not old, but not so tender age of fifteen, and had known Woohyun since she was seven.

But throughout these eight years of friendship, she had never seen Woohyun so serious about anything.

Since the day at the noraebang, Woohyun, who had never really bothered about it when talent agencies held auditons, began searching online for their audition dates. He printed out application forms himself and sent them to the agencies.

He practiced singing at home when he had time and when he wasn't on dates with Soyi. He watched DBSK or Shinhwa, learning their dances and the way they charm the audience.

He was a little upset over the fact that Soyi was irritated with him for not spending as much time as he did before, but he managed to pacify her.Yoomi wasn't really pleased about Soyi's tantrums since she thought if Woohyun had a dream, it was his girlfriend's responsibility to support him.

Throughout the days, Yoomi fell in love more and more with Woohyun each day. The way he was determined and the way he focused when he was passionate about something, it was absolutely charming and alluring. She saw a new side of Woohyun she never saw before, a side that made her fall deeper.

Just a few days after the noraebang incident, Woohyun went to an SM and YG audition that was held on the same day at locations that were near to each other. Yoomi and Hoya waited at home for his news.

Hoya just watched the television coolly, waiting for the news, while Yoomi paced around the house restless. Her face was pale and she glanced at the clock every few minutes, or seconds even, annoying the hell out of Hoya and her mother.

"Yoomi ah." Mrs Shin sighed. "Stop panicking. It's like you're the one going to the audition rather than Woohyun. If he can make it, he will. Just wait for it."

Yoomi nodded, but Mrs Shin was really doubtful about whether her daughter even heard a single thing she said, since she immediately resumed her annoying session of pacing around.

After a gruelling wait of several hours, Woohyun finally got home. Yoomi perked up and ran to him, his eyes looking down.

Yoomi panicked. *Did Woohyun Oppa not get in?* she thought, scared. "How.. how did you do, Woohyun oppa?" Yoomi asked in a small voice.

Woohyun looked away.

His father soon walked into the house after him. "Of course he didn't get in." he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Woohyun clenched his fists and bit his lips in response.

"It's good that he gets rejected at this early stage anyway." Mr Nam continued. "Being a singer is not a stable job at all. Is it even considered a job? How many people are able to succeed in this? It's better to stop wasting your time, son, and focus on your studies."

Woohyun growled deeply and strode out of the house, slamming the door in response. Hoya looked shocked while Mrs Shin didn't know what to say.

"Don't bother." Mr Nam waved it away. "It's just for his protection. If he keeps getting rejected, it'll hurt more. It's better that he gives up now."

Yoomi was shocked that the usually meek and pleasant Mr Nam turned out to be so unsupportive of his son. She didn't care about what the others thought, and she rushed out of the door, after Woohyun.

She soon found him venting his anger and disappointment on innocent trees that were found near their house, by throwing rocks at the trunk. "Stupid Stupid Stupid." he muttered under his breath.

Yoomi softened and hugged him gently from the back. "Cool down Woohyun Oppa." she whispered.

She felt Woohyun's tensed muscles finally relax under her touch. He lowered his head and squeezed his eyes shut, not willing to cry in front of a girl, even if it was his best friend. "SM said I wasn't good-looking enough." he stated.

"What?" Yoomi breathed.

"I wasn't good looking enough." Woohyun repeated. "That my eyes weren't big enough, that I'd have to go through plastic surgery. What the ? I'm one of the handsomest guys in school god damn it."he kicked the tree.

He took a deep breath. "And YG said they didn't want anyone who couldn't rap. They said my voice was too soothing for the Big Bang style of songs."

He turned around and looked at Yoomi, sorrow evident in his eyes. "I should just give up on this shouldn't I?" he mumbled. "Then I can just return as the kingka, and spend more time with Soyi, and Appa won't insult me any longer."

"You can't."

Woohyun blinked at Yoomi. She bit her lip and looked up at him. "You can't." she repeated. "Logically, you should give up. But you can't. Because your heart won't ever let you." she searched his eyes.

Her hands touched his chest lightly. "Here." she whispered. "Here wants you to continue. Here wants you to sing. Here wants you to pursue your dream however ridiculous it sounds. You shouldn't give up when it's just the beginning, Woohyun oppa. If you give up so quickly, you'll regret it for life. You can't do that oppa, you can't."

Woohyun swallowed. Her words hit him hard.

"I'll think about it." he turned around to stare at the tree again.

 


 


"Where is this?" Woohyun looked at Yoomi in surprise.

It was already a week after Woohyun got rejected by SME and YG. He was listless and moody all the time, and got into a few fights with Yoon Soyi because of his lack of enthusiasm whenever he was with her.

She didn't get rid of this troubles but instead added to his burden. It didn't help that Mr Nam was extremely happy that his son didn't seem to get excited over auditions and stuff any longer. He was just scared that if his son continued to harbour such dreams that he deemed useless, he would waste his time and continuously get hurt when he tried again and again.

Hoya wasn't really good with words to comfort Woohyun, but he patted his hyung's back and gave him some CDs, a hint for him to continue with his passion.

Yoomi was the only one who continuously cheered Woohyun on and urged him to try again. He remained emotionless to her efforts, seemingly contemplating.

She was really frustrated with Woohyun's lack of response, and dragged him with her one day, ignoring all his complaints and questions.

"Woolim Entertainment." Yoomi beamed at him. "They're holding an audition today."

Woohyun gave her a look. "Woolim Entertainment? I never even heard of it before! I already failed YG and SM, what makes you think I'll get in this time?"

Yoomi glared at him, surprising Woohyun with her hostility. "So?" she demanded. "You fail again, then try again! Try until you get in! I don't care if you hate me for forcing you, Woohyun oppa, but you're getting your stupid in there and you're going to sing your heart out for those judges. NOW!"

She pushed him in through the glass doors.

Woohyun looked back at her unsurely and she pumped the air with her fists. He smiled a little and made the fighing sign before turning to go inside.